Thread: Nightmare trying to port my number from Visible to Total Wireless

Feedback Score

Nightmare trying to port my number from Visible to Total Wireless

I realize after the fact that I made a huge mistake trying to port my number from Visible to Total Wireless. I have been stuck without service since Friday and there does not seem to be any end in sight getting my phone number activated on Total Wireless.

Visible Wireless has confirmed that my number ported out and my service was discontinued.

Activation constantly remains "in progress" at Total Wireless. I've spoken to numerous customer service reps who have tried to activate the port manually and without any success and then they request escalation from the back office. They say it could take up to 24 hours, we schedule a call back 24 hours later and then when the call back happens I am still at square one - no activated phone service, another escalation and another failed call back. I seem to be stuck in this endless loop.

I would have never done this knowing what I know now about porting from one Verizon MVNO to another.

I would be happy to take my number to another carrier but I do not think I can even do that since you can only port an active number.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can to get my phone number back up and running?

Feedback Score
    If you get this sorted out, consider parking your number on Google Voice so you never have to do with this kind of thing ever again.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VisionsDivine View Post
    If you get this sorted out, consider parking your number on Google Voice so you never have to do with this kind of thing ever again.
    Thank you, I will definitely do this if I can ever get my number back.

Carrier(s)
    RedPocket 500/500/500 plan at $10/mo
    Feedback Score
    I would call Visible as if it were your first contact with them and ask them to release your number. Yes, I know this shouldn't be necessary, but sometimes it provides the needed push. I ported my wife's number from Boom! to TW and it took less than a day.
    I have several used cellphones for sale in my Bonanza booth.