Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Unlocking E5 with New 360 day SIM?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    357
    Feedback Score
    0

    Unlocking E5 with New 360 day SIM?

    Last December, I bought Tracfone E5 that came with 1 yr service for my kid. I want to unlock it in December (after 12 month usage).

    Yesterday, I bought the 1200/1200/3GB TF Tmobile sim card, which is on sale.

    What/when is the correct step to activate the new SIM and unlock E5?

    PS: I don't mind ending up with Tmo or Verizon service

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,313
    Feedback Score
    0
    go here and enter your phone number or serial number to check if eligible for unlocking - https://www.tfwunlockpolicy.com/wps/portal/home

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    38
    Feedback Score
    0
    I just onlocked a Moto e5 that I purchased last year. All you need to do is go to the online Tracfone unlock portal and enter your phone number. It will then provide you with two 16 digit codes to enter into the phone. Your phone reboots and you are good to go. You can dial #TFUNLOCK# to cofirm it's unlocked.

    As far as the SIM card is concerned, I'll leave that to someone who is more familiar with how it works. Those plans aren't suitable to my uses and I've never bought one of them.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    404
    Feedback Score
    0
    IMO, you should extend the service for the E5 by the 30 days (cheapest method).
    Then unlock the phone.
    Then activate the new SIM after a week or so.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    357
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lg800g user View Post
    I just onlocked a Moto e5 that I purchased last year. All you need to do is go to the online Tracfone unlock portal and enter your phone number. It will then provide you with two 16 digit codes to enter into the phone. Your phone reboots and you are good to go. You can dial #TFUNLOCK# to cofirm it's unlocked.

    As far as the SIM card is concerned, I'll leave that to someone who is more familiar with how it works. Those plans aren't suitable to my uses and I've never bought one of them.
    If you don't mind me asking, when did you activate E5 and when unlocked it? Alternative question: did you unlock it before 1yr anniversary or after?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    38
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by acegolfer View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, when did you activate E5 and when unlocked it? Alternative question: did you unlock it before 1yr anniversary or after?
    I originally activated on 10/02/19 and I unlocked on10/08/20.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    357
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lg800g user View Post
    I originally activated on 10/02/19 and I unlocked on10/08/20.
    Thanks. I assume your original plan expired on 10/2/2020. Did you extend the plan before unlocking? If yes, which plan did you use?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    38
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by acegolfer View Post
    Thanks. I assume your original plan expired on 10/2/2020. Did you extend the plan before unlocking? If yes, which plan did you use?
    When I activated the Moto e5 om 10/02/19 I already had service available on the LG Rebel 4 from which I transferred until 01/22/20. So the transfer from the LG phone with the activation of the Moto phone at that time pushed my end date to 01/22/21. I added a Google Calendar alert at that time for the 365 day anniversary of the activation to alert me when to unlock.

    I think that in your circumstances it might be good to add a month card in order to unlock, but I don't know. Best to seek out people with similar experiences. Good luck.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-16-2017, 08:15 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-08-2011, 10:35 AM
  3. w800i with new Cingular 64K SIM card?
    By ntdee in forum SonyEricsson
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-25-2006, 06:33 AM
  4. ATT t637 asking for unlock code with a blue ATT sim
    By trip0d in forum SonyEricsson
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-26-2004, 01:54 PM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-30-2004, 03:28 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks