Thread: PostPaid Verizon - Which MVNO (red pocket won't activate)

Feedback Score

PostPaid Verizon - Which MVNO (red pocket won't activate)

Verizon Postpaid Account. Device Paid off -11 Pro....

For whatever reason, RP won't or can't activate this current Verizon PostPaid account/device to their current network/plans. Really strange.

My only other experience with RP was when I converted some elderly Verizon CDMA (clamshell) phones and those activated just fine with RP.

Anyhow, there must be some weird stipulations like Verizon and RP and new phones or the like but anyhow....the question.

What MVNO would you guys recommend that till accept a Verizon PostPaid account and Device. I believe Spectrum was OKAY taking my phone/device

Feedback Score
    is the iphone 11 pro still active on another account ??
    and is it unlocked. the phone may not yet be whitelisted to be used on redpocket

Feedback Score
    It's unlocked and paid off. It is active on VZ Post Paid

Feedback Score
    Just got some email reply before they returned the order which confirmed my OP or my musings of.

With VZ on RP, they will activate/port a CDMA 3G device.
    But 4G, if device or # existing on VZ network, they cannot.

I did explore asking if I activated with RP GSM and then 10 days later, reactivate/convert to RP VZ. They basically said it possible but no guarantees. They also did state the same activation underlying if from any other carrier would not be a issue.

Feedback Score
    Visible should work.

Sent from my SM-T510 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Vz prepaid

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work phone / T-Mobile (iPad) / Sprint (personal phone) / AT&T MVNO (for fun)!
    Feedback Score
    There were some discussions a while back about Verizon charging MVNOs a porting penalty for its post-paid customers. Something like $250 if they "stole" (my word) a post-paid customer from the mothership. So some MVNOs wouldn't do ports from Verizon postpaid directly, and told people to port to some GSM carrier for a day/week/month and then to port in... So this could be a financial issue, and not a technical issue.

I don't know if the same is true on Verizon Prepaid, but presumably Visible or even PagePlus could be options (I've never heard of someone going to PagePlus having this issue).

OTOH, if it's a technical issue, then it's possible that the device still being active is causing an issue. It sounds like you already returned your RP kit, so it may be too late to try this, but one way to get the device to free up is to put the active Verizon SIM in another Verizon device before you do the port. So if you have an old Verizon phone laying around, putting the SIM in that will make that device active Note, this will free up the DEVICE, but not the number. So when they put the IMEI in, the iPhone 11 Pro won't show as currently active on the network.

Assuming you need more than 2GB of data, RP is hard to beat on Verizon. So if you can't port directly, and if you can live with a T-mobile carrier for a short time, you might search eBay for "preloaded SIM" and pick up a deeply discounted SIM from one of their MVNOs like UltraMobile. A preloaded SIM with 5GB is $12 or so on eBay (their $29 plan). Port out after a few days/weeks (but well before 30 days) and you should have no issues going to RP from there. NOTE: Make sure the preloaded plan listing says you can port in (many UltraMobile ones do) -- some of the other deeply discounted preloaded SIMs are only for new numbers...

Device(s)
    Moto Z4 (Vzw), Moto Z Play (PP)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I have been watching subjects like this over the years, here. I think one of the problems is porting a phone number from Verizon to Verizon. Or in these cases, from one Verizon MVNO to another Verizon MVNO. Its still within the "family".