Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Convert to tmobile and keep perks

Feedback Score

Convert to tmobile and keep perks

Will I be able to keep same perks free hullu amazon prime tidal if I convert to tmobile

Device(s)
    NUU X6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Hello Mobile, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It looks like everything stays the same, except now your primary network will become T-Mobile. This is the final step before fully shutting down Sprint's network, which from what I've been reading, can now be as soon as next year.

https://www.sprint.com/en/support/so...xperience.html
    Drako Swiftclaw

Webmaster for Drako's Website Services
    Review Team Member for Drako's Wireless Review
    Independent Tech for DTech Seattle

Device(s)
    OnePlus 8T, Apple iPad Air 4th Gen (WiFi), Apple iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Verizon Prepaid, FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Now this also depends on if you are doing TNX "T-Mobile Network Experience" or "Migrate to Magenta."

TNX is basically switching the UICC attached to the Sprint line to a T-Mobile branded SIM. Billing still goes through the old system (pay through My Sprint app/site) and plan and perks doesn't change. However, you would likely lose CDMA access, as T-Mobile SIMs might lack the means for this. TNX is still new, so it may not be available for you right now. It seems to only be available to certain plans and devices, with eventual availability to everyone.

Migrate to Magenta, immediately available to all non-business customers, means that you move to a new T-Mobile plan and T-mobile's billing system. You lose all benefits of your old Sprint plan, including perks like Hulu and Amazon Prime. Basically like a port but without the credit checks and initial paperwork of setting up a new account.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    My common forum nick: GenesisDH.

R.I.P. Circuit City

We are the Bor... the new AT&T: Your World, Assimilated.

1000th post: Sept. 29th, 2008, 17:42 CDT

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I migrated my plan 3 months ago. Lost Hulu, Tidal, and Amazon Prime. Kept same mobile #'s and I am on a Magenta plan. As mentioned, you will have to eventually migrate the Sprint plan to a T-Mobile plan. Hard to say when that will be required.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Device(s)
    IPHONE 6
    Carrier(s)
    VZW•AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Has anyone tried this with swac plan?

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    VZW•UDP-AT&T•INTL.UDP A

Carrier(s)
    prepaid baby
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Haas_Dave View Post
    Now this also depends on if you are doing TNX "T-Mobile Network Experience" or "Migrate to Magenta."

TNX is basically switching the UICC attached to the Sprint line to a T-Mobile branded SIM. Billing still goes through the old system (pay through My Sprint app/site) and plan and perks doesn't change. However, you would likely lose CDMA access, as T-Mobile SIMs might lack the means for this. TNX is still new, so it may not be available for you right now. It seems to only be available to certain plans and devices, with eventual availability to everyone.

Migrate to Magenta, immediately available to all non-business customers, means that you move to a new T-Mobile plan and T-mobile's billing system. You lose all benefits of your old Sprint plan, including perks like Hulu and Amazon Prime. Basically like a port but without the credit checks and initial paperwork of setting up a new account.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    Can confirm if you move to "T-Mobile Network Experience" and the new T-Mobile SIM card in the store, you keep your old Sprint plans and features. Be warned however you are giving up the option to use Sprint's Network (LTE and CDMA} and its roaming partners until T-Mobile integrates. This posed a problem for me in my area where t mobile has gaps and sprint has excellent coverage. S10 displayed Emergency Only. Manual Network selection would not register on Sprint. Just an FYI. Good news is that tech support can reactivate the Sprint SIM and add all the Sprint network features back if needed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by buckspaul View Post
    Can confirm if you move to "T-Mobile Network Experience" and the new T-Mobile SIM card in the store, you keep your old Sprint plans and features. Be warned however you are giving up the option to use Sprint's Network (LTE and CDMA} and its roaming partners until T-Mobile integrates. This posed a problem for me in my area where t mobile has gaps and sprint has excellent coverage.
    Similar experience here with my neighbor on Sprint, which made me think twice about suggesting the "T-Mobile Network Experience" change. The area they travel most is better with T-Mobile, but the other areas are better with Sprint. It's a matter of where the towers are, and T-Mobile needs to use those Sprint towers.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile/Sprint SWAC Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PHANTOM310 View Post
    Has anyone tried this with swac plan?

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Wondering the same?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile/Sprint SWAC Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

SWAC convert works.

I took the plunge and went to the T-Mobile store and got My SM-N960U1 Note 9 put on a T-Mobile sim. I have an Advantage Unlimited Plan. I still use Sprint.com, I still have 50GB hotspot, I still have HULU and I still have Tidal Premium....so far.
    I always ad a caveat as who knows what the months ahead will bring? So far, so good.

Feedback Score
    I plan not to convert until they force me to convert.

Sent from my SM-F916U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    HTC One M8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AdwinDawn View Post
    I plan not to convert until they force me to convert.

Sent from my SM-F916U using Tapatalk
    I have SWAC lines plus the free "on us" line they offered just before the merger. I'm with you... Not converting until I'm forced. Will see what ends up happening by the time they automatically bring my plans over.

Also - - why would anyone give up their Sprint SIMs at this point? I get 5G and all the trimmings (which is slower than Sprint's Band 41 LTE by a very healthy margin) from the T-Mobile network on both my S20 5G and iPhone 12 Pro, yet can still connect to my Airave at home, not to mention my phone jumping to Sprint in a few areas that they are better. By swit hung to the T-Mo SIM it seems like you are losing a layer of coverage without really gaining anything...

I say hold out with the Sprint SIMs until they truely have the Sprint network integrated, it's no longer needed, and they move you to whatever they plan on moving you to...

N

Device(s)
    NUU X6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Hello Mobile, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Those unwilling to convert may not have access to T-Mobile's VoLTE network and may lose voice access 1/1/2022 if still using CDMA voice.

Those who have converted over have reported having access to BOTH networks.
    Some say manual selection is needed to get onto Sprint towers, where others claimed their devices automatically roamed onto Sprint where T-Mobile coverage was weak.

Since I'm on an Sprint MVNO for my daily driver, I can only report on what is being put out by users online along with the news articles regarding the merger. At least according to those, Sprint SIM's will "prefer" the Sprint LTE and CDMA network.

Sprint MVNO's are now "rushing" to migrate, given the information that was sent to them by T-Mobile.

Feedback Score
    Just took the plunge this week with one of our lines. Requested sim card, arrived couple days later in mail, chatted to Sprint, followed their instructions to replace sim, got it working without a hiccup. Initial speed test was worse in all metrics than the one I undertook before making the switch, but all subsequent tests revealed that T-Mobile is the more robust network, it seems. Ping is lower, download faster, upload super fast. So, no regrets so far. The other lines I won't convert as of yet.

The big question is: did Sprint/T-Mobile unlock my iPhone Xs automatically in this process? I forgot to ask them. Should there ever be a substantial change to my plans for the worse, I am considering going prepaid again. I understand, using a T-Mo MVNO probably might work now that the phone accepts a T-Mo sim card, but how about ATT?

Thanks a lot.

Oh, btw, I did TNX. Reasoning behind is that I assumed, without verification, I will have an unlocked phone after the swap, or at least a phone that will work with any T-MO MVNO down the road.

And, I forgot to mention, another thought that had crossed my mind is the assumption if I have a T-Mo sim under my Sprint plan, chances are I will never ever have to migrate to a Magenta plan if I decide not to buy equipment from T-Mo but directly with Apple.
    Last edited by Prepaidforever; 01-22-2021 at 11:13 AM.

Feedback Score
    I would like to hear from users with the Sprint Unlimited Premium Package who decided to take T-Mo up on their "upgraded" rate plan offer: does your device only stream in HD now rather than Full HD? Also, do you have to enable HD streaming every day or every time you stream because otherwise it will stream in SD only? Having read the fine print, I do believe my concerns have merit.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 8T, Apple iPad Air 4th Gen (WiFi), Apple iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Verizon Prepaid, FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score

Convert to tmobile and keep perks

Quote Originally Posted by Prepaidforever View Post

The big question is: did Sprint/T-Mobile unlock my iPhone Xs automatically in this process? I forgot to ask them. Should there ever be a substantial change to my plans for the worse, I am considering going prepaid again. I understand, using a T-Mo MVNO probably might work now that the phone accepts a T-Mo sim card, but how about ATT?

Oh, btw, I did TNX. Reasoning behind is that I assumed, without verification, I will have an unlocked phone after the swap, or at least a phone that will work with any T-MO MVNO down the road.

And, I forgot to mention, another thought that had crossed my mind is the assumption if I have a T-Mo sim under my Sprint plan, chances are I will never ever have to migrate to a Magenta plan if I decide not to buy equipment from T-Mo but directly with Apple.
    T-Mobile changed the Apple activation policy for locked iPhones to accept T-Mobile and Sprint SIM/UICCs as valid (this may not apply to newer Dish SIMs as they use a different ICCID set). You will still need to be eligible for unlocking (40 days use, fully paid off device, etc) for to use other SIMs and you might still need to contact them to do so.

As for the migration, we still don’t have full details on when/how moving from Sprint billing will work for us stragglers other than the current Migrate to Magenta setup available. For now they have not required anyone to upgrade plans except for ones like leaving Kickstart or BOYD plans to buy on financing (they still stay on Sprint billing as well).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast