Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Switching back and forth between Android and IOS devices

Device(s)
    Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Switching back and forth between Android and IOS devices

Hi everyone. I am currently on an android phone on the Tmobile Network and am considering switching to an Iphone for work purposes. If I am not happy with IOS I will switch back. Are there any issues that I should know when switching devices back and forth like this (aka not receiving text messages etc). Thank you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gjkiii View Post
    Hi everyone. I am currently on an android phone on the Tmobile Network and am considering switching to an Iphone for work purposes. If I am not happy with IOS I will switch back. Are there any issues that I should know when switching devices back and forth like this (aka not receiving text messages etc). Thank you.
    There is no issue to switch back and forth with Android and iPhone...
    I am almost doing so daily basis

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Androided View Post
    There is no issue to switch back and forth with Android and iPhone...
    I am almost doing so daily basis

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
    How does that work with Visual Voicemail?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax, OnePlus 8 5G
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tekfranz View Post
    How does that work with Visual Voicemail?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just fine, the only carrier i've had issues with VVM and swapping was Verizon.

T-Mobile, it all "just works"

I swap to the OnePlus 8 to play with the 5G occasionally, but usually end up back into my iPhone within a day or so, and it all just works.
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT$T: $50 Unlimited Elite Prepaid promo (for more “rural” areas)

Device(s)
    iPhone SE (2016), Chromebook
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The only word of caution is to turn off iMessage. For some people, swapping from iPhone to Android before turning off iMessage led to text messages getting lost for days or weeks. Usually if you turn off iMessage, it will disassociate your number from iMessage so this won't happen.
    Drako Swiftclaw

Webmaster for Drako's Website Services
    Review Team Member for Drako's Wireless Review
    Independent Tech for DTech Seattle

Feedback Score
    Whatever is synced to one OS might have to be manually entered (or lost from) to the other OS. Like Texts, Calendar Events & Contacts.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 07.26.21
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 02.06.21

Feedback Score
    OMG... I thought I was the only one who did this! LOL!
    I like iOS but I’ve had issues with our work email (exchange) syncing in a timely manner. It seems tot be a widespread issue. Android syncs within seconds, iOS can be minutes or hours. It appears that the iPhone puts the mail app to sleep overnight and when I get up, I have no emails until i pull down to refresh. They they all pop up.
    Wouldn’t be a problem but I have multiple accounts that monitor building life safety equipment, power and network status. All Apple says is to reset up the account or wipe the phone and set up as new. I don’t have that kind of time. Deleting and setting up the email accounts only works for about a day then it’s back to delays.
    Android works instantly, always...

Feedback Score
    you should have no issue but i suggest these things

disable iMessage on the iPhone and do not turn it back on unless you intended to go back to iPhone full time, leaving iMessage enabled while your SIM is in the android could cause messages to get lost and also errors, etc. on the other users end. in particular can cause issues with group message threads.

i would suggest moving away from using face time if you currently do to something more cross platform such as duo, whatsapp, etc.

overall you may find the confusion would be more for the person on the other end of the conversation who does not understand the inconsistencies of your facetime availability and/or their iMessage functionality going back and forth as you switch if you do not diable the iPhone specific message and video calling features.

if you use a google account for contacts on both devices they should stay synced so you can add, edit or deleted on contact on either device and it adjusted on both. this is very useful also if you use both iOS and Android but with different numbers/SIMs

Device(s)
    BLU V5, iPhone 6, iPad 4
    Carrier(s)
    TruPhone (ATT), Mint Mobile (TMo), T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have Mint Mobile (Tmo mvno) and I swap occasionally. Setting the proper APNs on both phones also helps.

iPhone 6 on Mint Mobile (primary)
    BLU V5 on TruPhone and FreedomPop data (backup)
    iPad 4 on T-Mobile 5GB over 5 months/$10

iPhone 6 on Mint Mobile (primary)
    BLU V5 on TruPhone (backup)
    iPad 4 on T-Mobile free data

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dpcarls1598 View Post
    OMG... I thought I was the only one who did this! LOL!
    I like iOS but I’ve had issues with our work email (exchange) syncing in a timely manner. It seems tot be a widespread issue. Android syncs within seconds, iOS can be minutes or hours. It appears that the iPhone puts the mail app to sleep overnight and when I get up, I have no emails until i pull down to refresh. They they all pop up.
    Wouldn’t be a problem but I have multiple accounts that monitor building life safety equipment, power and network status. All Apple says is to reset up the account or wipe the phone and set up as new. I don’t have that kind of time. Deleting and setting up the email accounts only works for about a day then it’s back to delays.
    Android works instantly, always...
    I've noticed that with my personal eMails. I use mail.com for my mail service and IOS' built in mail app can sync with their servers.
    However it apparently only syncs like once every 3-6 hours in the BG and only during the day (it doesn't sync at all in sleep mode).
    Sometimes the mail app just refuses to sync all day.

Only way to speed this up was to actually open the mail app.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robbyrobby View Post
    you should have no issue but i suggest these things

disable iMessage on the iPhone and do not turn it back on unless you intended to go back to iPhone full time, leaving iMessage enabled while your SIM is in the android could cause messages to get lost and also errors, etc. on the other users end. in particular can cause issues with group message threads.

i would suggest moving away from using face time if you currently do to something more cross platform such as duo, whatsapp, etc.

overall you may find the confusion would be more for the person on the other end of the conversation who does not understand the inconsistencies of your facetime availability and/or their iMessage functionality going back and forth as you switch if you do not diable the iPhone specific message and video calling features.

if you use a google account for contacts on both devices they should stay synced so you can add, edit or deleted on contact on either device and it adjusted on both. this is very useful also if you use both iOS and Android but with different numbers/SIMs
    Also, if you use Google Calendar, it can be synced with both.

As far as syncing anything from iCloud to Android, I've yet to see anything that allows it to work.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 7T, Apple iPad Air 4th Gen (WiFi), Apple iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Verizon Prepaid, FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac32here View Post
    As far as syncing anything from iCloud to Android, I've yet to see anything that allows it to work.
    I use sync tools such as the the following for my iCloud contacts and calendar to my OnePlus:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ita.caldavsync

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tacticloudsync

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    My common forum nick: GenesisDH.

R.I.P. Circuit City

We are the Bor... the new AT&T: Your World, Assimilated.

1000th post: Sept. 29th, 2008, 17:42 CDT

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Haas_Dave View Post
    I use sync tools such as the the following for my iCloud contacts and calendar to my OnePlus:

That's good to know, in case I ever lose my Google account or what not. Since I've started with Android, my iOS has to sync from Google. Both those who started with iOS should know about these if they ever switch to Android.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Haas_Dave View Post

I use apps too to sync my iCloud contacts and calendar to my Android finds. Sadly, haven’t found any app that would sync my iCloud notes (all folders) that would sync seamlessly to Android.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    I often (not daily) switch between my iphone and android. Nothing happens, just switch the sim card and thats it.
    I do not sync apps or contacts.
    While i do this, i always turn off the iphone.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast