Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Verizon to buy Bluegrass Cellular

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fraydog View Post
    Wasn’t their another LTEiRA carrier that got purchased by Verizon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    https://www.verizon.com/about/news-t...s-acquisitions Are you thinking about Chat Mobility and Blue Wireless? I think that was just spectrum and not the actual business. https://www.lightreading.com/5g/veri.../d/d-id/763058

Device(s)
    OnePlus 7T, Apple iPad Air 4th Gen (WiFi), Apple iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Verizon Prepaid, FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DebiLee View Post
    https://www.verizon.com/about/news-t...s-acquisitions Are you thinking about Chat Mobility and Blue Wireless? I think that was just spectrum and not the actual business. https://www.lightreading.com/5g/veri.../d/d-id/763058
    Chat Mobility included customer base and the spectrum for the RSA acquired.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    My common forum nick: GenesisDH.

R.I.P. Circuit City

We are the Bor... the new AT&T: Your World, Assimilated.

1000th post: Sept. 29th, 2008, 17:42 CDT

Feedback Score
    Oh very cool! Thanks for the info.

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Wow thanks for the info!

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Wonder if people that have mobile numbers that aren’t allowed to be ported over to Verizon will be able to after the transition?

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    I'd be surprised if you couldn't; when a carrier has no native service in an entire market, they are not permitted to have people port to them or sign up for service in that area (this was the FCC, back in the 80's, envisioning some carrier getting large enough to negotiate themselves very favorable roaming rates, then poach away smaller roaming partner's customers via ports and signups.)

When this is done, anywhere you could currently port to Bluegrass you should be able to port to VZW.

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I jumped the gun on that post without thinking it thru. Makes total sense now.

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon prepaid
    Feedback Score
    So is there a typical way that this situation is handled as far as the transition? My understanding is that all the BG stores are going to be converted to Verizon. Will Verizon wait until that happens to switch on native Verizon coverage in the area? Or will that happen before all the stores are switched over.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JTB69 View Post
    So is there a typical way that this situation is handled as far as the transition? My understanding is that all the BG stores are going to be converted to Verizon. Will Verizon wait until that happens to switch on native Verizon coverage in the area? Or will that happen before all the stores are switched over.
    Well the deal has to officially close first which likely won't happen until early next year

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon prepaid
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    Here, there was Verizon Wireless coverage east of here to the east cost, northeast to Madison, but 100% roaming south, west, or due north of here for hundreds and hundreds of miles (off US Cellular or Midwest Wireless); they would switch back and forth between US Cellular and Midwest Wireless roaming practically every 2 or 3 months. Alltel bought Midwest Wireless, and Verizon bought Alltel maybe a year later. First, they almost immediately switched back to Midwest Wireless roaming, but it was still "extended network". A matter of months later, they updated the PRL to consider it native, but it was still a totally seperate network. About a month or two after that, if you dialed an invalid number they had it switched to "Welcome to Verizon Wireless" and at the end "switch 150-1", which is the same switch a bunch of eastern iowa is on, so it was totally tied in.

With LTE and VoLTE, they can just have the sites broadcast as both Verizon Wireless native and Bluegrass Cellular if they want (T-Mo is doing this now with their Sprint integration, having some of the hardware broadcast as both networks.)

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon prepaid
    Feedback Score
    That's interesting. At the moment I'm in Extended Network and dialed an invalid number and got the Welcome to Verizon Wireless prompt. I know practically nothing and most of what I read of the FCC public notice I don't quite understand. I will ask this. Does the Petition to Deny mean that if there are no Petition to Deny by 12/10, that it goes into of some kind of "finalization" stage and how long would that take? It seems like that's kinda in line with their prediction of sometime at the end of the year early 2021.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JTB69 View Post
    They are asking permission. Doesn't mean it will be granted. I assume you're the one that posted the same thing on reddit

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Yes that’s me

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    They are asking permission. Doesn't mean it will be granted. I assume you're the one that posted the same thing on reddit
    I completely understand that they're asking and I'm not implying they will or won't. I'm relaying info that's related to this post. The same reason I posted it on Reddit.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast