Thread: Samsung Galaxy Luna Pro SM-327VL does VoLTE

Device(s)
    LG phones, Motorola, ZTE, occasional Alcatel
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score

Samsung Galaxy Luna Pro SM-327VL does VoLTE

I just transferred active TF service from my Moto e5 to my older Samsung that I used before. It does VoLTE, under mobile networks there's a slide switch and it's set to on.

I posted the fact for anyone who has one and wondered if it did VoLTE. I thought I saw a conversation about that subject here awhile back. It being a smaller phone, some people prefer them. Mine is 6.0 Marshmallow Android OS.

I liked it as a handset because it's a compact 5" size and overall performed well. I also like the Moto e5 as an active device but it's much larger at 5.7" and so I promoted it over to my working WiFi device collection. I actually use the deactivated WiFi devices more than the active phones.

I figured it makes more sense having an older compact device for a phone. It fits hand and pocket better. Aside from that, if TF sells out to VZ and changes too much for my needs, the Samsung will expire 5/2021 and I won't be able to use the Samsung anymore anyway except on WiFi.

One drawback of older devices is they may no longer do security patches. Motorola phones do.

Name:  20191027_200922.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  21.6 KB

Sent from my SM-S327VL using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    LG phones, Motorola, ZTE, occasional Alcatel
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    I wanted to add that the activation with transfer was super fast.

I created a chat script using a phone notepad that included my name, the thing I wanted to do, the tel# of the active phone, the model of the destination phone, the destination phone's IMEI # and ICCID/SIM #, my TF account PIN. When I opened the chat window on TF's contact page, I pasted the info in.

The CSR had it done super fast. Using the notepad to cut and paste from really speeded up the process. They said they'd schedule a callback in 30mins to see if the phone was working but they stayed in the chat a while. Fortunately the transfer only took a few minutes and the balance transferred fine (both were VZ serviceTF's).

I do chats using a WiFi connected cellphone, not a computer. In this case my LG Solo, a TF bundle phone I got on TF's eBay store.

I use Simple Notepad and Offline Notepad on my phones. They're on Google Play. They work really well.

Sent from my LGL423DL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    One drawback of older devices is they may no longer do security patches. Motorola phones do.
    Even Motos stop at some point. My E4 (factory unlocked) didn't upgrade beyond 7.1.1 and stopped security patches over a year ago.