Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: TVision nationwide beginning November 1

Feedback Score
    I'm glad T-Mobile is doing this but compared to what I have and use now it's not enough to get me to switch

Still hopefully it will be good for competition

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gbynum View Post
    Where is CBS local? Positive deal breaker.
    It also seems to say ABC national, not local, at least in the zip codes I poked in.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Skuzz View Post
    It also seems to say ABC national, not local, at least in the zip codes I poked in.
    My zip doesn't have either ABC or CBS but I get Telemundo you know for the 2% ( if that ) of the people in my zip that are Hispanic

Device(s)
    Nokia 6610, Touch Pro II, Lumia 640, LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile (Since Omnipoint!)
    Feedback Score
    It's going to save me $10 over Philo which is what I use for the cable channels I actually watch. The app is already available on Amazon so I have it installed on my Fire TV just waiting to be able to activate it. I can see from my window the transmitter for broadcast so that's not an issue for me.

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), Samsung S10e (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    No it's not
    Looks like the Viacom CBS - AT&T deal fell apart last year (haven't kept up on the media mergers in a bit). My mistake.
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Feedback Score
    I might be wrong. No sports channels & $90 a month. Don't expect a run on subscribers I'd think.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 07.26.21
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 02.06.21

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    I might be wrong. No sports channels & $90 a month. Don't expect a run on subscribers I'd think.
    Who has no sports channel for $90 per month?

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Galaxy S20 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    https://www.lightreading.com/cablevideo/t-mobile-tries-to-disrupt-pay-tv-starting-at-$10month/d/d-id/764949?
    I did not see this on T-Mobile's website, "TVision Vibe: Starting at $10 per month, this low-end tier features 30-plus channels, with a focus on general entertainment content. Networks on the tier include AMC, Animal Planet, BBC America, Comedy Central, Discovery, Food Network, Hallmark Channel, MTV, HGTV, Nick, Own, Paramount Network, Travel Channel and VH1, among others."

If this $10/month option actually exists, we might be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    .....l, IMHO, as DTV's satellite tech can mostly be replaced with wireless, ....
    Satellite is actually a very efficient way to deliver traditional TV services. Particularly to rural areas, not served by cable or fiber.

Quote Originally Posted by navyson View Post
    Failure here on several fronts

1. No CBS local station
    Well, for most of us there is an antenna option.
    2. No Roku access
    3. No Firestick access
    Very bad start. Roku/Firestick make out about 90% of more of streaming devices in the US. Not being on either initially is not good.
    Having to get a new streaming device is an issue. I've used up all the HDMI ports on my TV. I wonder why they didn't/couldn't work a deal with Roku? Does it cost that much?
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    You are wrong because its clear you posted without knowing anything on teh topic. Please educate yourself on a topic before posting where is this $90 a month plan? https://www.t-mobile.com/tvision

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    I did not see this on T-Mobile's website, "TVision Vibe: Starting at $10 per month, this low-end tier features 30-plus channels, with a focus on general entertainment content. Networks on the tier include AMC, Animal Planet, BBC America, Comedy Central, Discovery, Food Network, Hallmark Channel, MTV, HGTV, Nick, Own, Paramount Network, Travel Channel and VH1, among others."

It exists. Go here and scroll down a little bit and you'll see it as the middle option TVision VIBE:

https://www.t-mobile.com/tvision

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post

Satellite is actually a very efficient way to deliver traditional TV services. Particularly to rural areas, not served by cable or fiber.

Well, for most of us there is an antenna option.

Having to get a new streaming device is an issue. I've used up all the HDMI ports on my TV. I wonder why they didn't/couldn't work a deal with Roku? Does it cost that much?
    You can purchase an HDMI splitter to fix your HDMI issue. I am sure they are negotiating with Roku and Firestick. However, Roku has been playing hardball recently. HBO Max had a similar issue recently when it not on Roku at launch

Feedback Score
    T-Mobile is initially marketing this product to it's combined customer base of almost 100 million people. That's alot of people with alot of money to spend. Its a win win situation. Their goal hopefully is to make it available on all platforms. They should target Youtube TV as a service they can emulate.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile is initially marketing this product to it's combined customer base of almost 100 million people. That's alot of people with alot of money to spend. Its a win win situation. Their goal hopefully is to make it available on all platforms. They should target Youtube TV as a service they can emulate.
    The problem is twofold with this though. 1. That 100 million user base is around 40-45% prepaid users across various prepaid brands and mvnos. and 2. TMobile has, in the past, marketed towards a demographic that generally doesn't care about live tv anymore.

I get what they want to accomplish overall. They want to be a one stop shop for everything. They want people to get their phone, home internet, and tv service through TMobile. The problem with that is, one of those things is a dying industry and it's the one they just released. As others have said, it's not like they are invested in this heavily from a financial perspective, and it will appeal to some as an option.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, wife S10
    Carrier(s)
    T-M
    Feedback Score
    Isn't news "live TV"?
    Sports def. is.

There will always be "need" for "Live" TV
    GoogleVoice (domestic call forwarding and cheap intl. calls) Use GV to give us a "home" number in a 2nd location
    8 T-Mobile lines - Unlimited talk and text, data. TM One plan. Get $10/mo. rebate on 7 lines for low data use. Net cost about $185-190/mo. We haven't had a landline in more than 17 years.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethaler View Post
    Isn't news "live TV"?
    Sports def. is.

There will always be "need" for "Live" TV
    How many people in their 20s and 30s watch the news? There is a reason fox news gets such high ratings, it's because it's target audience is the only one who still cares about live tv. Sports can be streamed on other platforms, and most leagues actually have deals with other platforms to stream exclusive content and games, not to mention, the leagues have their own apps that have all access to their games. A lot of younger people just do not care about live tv anymore. There are a million and 1 ways for them to watch what they want to without a tv subscription. Tv distribution is a dying industry, especially to millennials, who is/was T-Mobiles target demographic with the whole un carrier campaign. If TMobile is trying to get some of that boomer tv business from at&t and the cable companies, more power to them, but this really isn't something that millennials, or even gen xers, will go crazy over. They've moved on from live tv.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast