Thread: I have a LG G3 that getting the blue screen but the screws are stripped

Feedback Score

I have a LG G3 that getting the blue screen but the screws are stripped

I have a LG G3 that is getting the blue screen and I found the fix on youtube pull the board out and bake it in the over at 350 for 10 minutes and they say it works.. I purchased this phone new and it has never been opened but for the sim card and replace the batter.. I have the very small Philips and I see the screws turning but they won't pull up.. they just spin.. so I am assuming the manufacture stripped the.. I really don't have the funds for another phone since I was laid off 3 weeks ago.. So I would like to pull the board out and try this. All the screws spin.. But I have a feeling it's hopeless unless someone has a idea..

Thank you kindly..

Feedback Score
    try putting a piece of tape on the end of your screwdriver and see if the screws will come out. or try with a magnet.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Some screws have small retaining washers to prevent them from coming completely out of the socket and you might be able to remove the circuit board with them still attached once loosened. Putting the circuit board in the oven sounds very risky and may result in a completely useless device. Best wishes.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    I saw one video where the inside mainboard cover screws did easily remove. Many report that a solder re-flow procedure tends to not last long. I went through this with a laptop that had the important Southbridge chip de-solder, and was re-melted by an experience computer technician. The lousy non-lead solder they use nowadays does not like to re-melt.