Thread: SE 2 memory

Feedback Score

SE 2 memory

Hi, I am pretty new with smartphones and am by far not a power user. Right now I have the original SE 16gb that I bought with a craked screen for 50 bucks.. (I am blind snd the cracked screen means nothing to me) But even though I have no pictures, music or videos on my phone, it keeps running out of memory and puts apps in the cloud and starts acting up until I delete some of my podcasts I listen to. Right now Red Pocket is offering the new SE 64gb for 199 and I was wondering if you think that it would be a good buy for me and if I am not a photo/video/music guy will the 64gb be enough for the next few years to come?
    If you know of a better deal for a SE or a MVNO, please chime in

Thanks for any replies
    Mike

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I don't have any "deals" to suggest, but to I think you should get a phone with a minimum 128gb to make it more future-proof. My mom uses the original iPhone SE and her phone keeps asking to buy more iCloud storage when she doesn't want to pay any more per month. Generally, iPhones last longer than Android phones but lack the ability to add more internal memory using SD cards like Android phones can.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    Thanks, that is what I was worried about.. I will bump it u... If talk back was as god as oice-over, I would much rather have a android because I like being less adhered to one brand

Device(s)
    iPhone 7, Lumia 635, Nokia 6350
    Carrier(s)
    Mint, Tello, H2O
    Feedback Score
    I think 64GB is plenty if you say that you don’t do a lot of video, music, etc. Your “16GB” probably only has about 11-12GB (or whatever) usable storage on it because of the operating system. That means that a 64GB phone will have ~60GB storage.

I have a 32GB iPhone 7 and I don’t have any issues with storage. That’s not to say that you won’t either, but it is a data point saying that 32GB is enough—and therefore 64GB could be more than enough. (As a point of reference, I definitely think 16GB would be too little storage for a modern smartphone.)

Feedback Score
    Thank you for your reply. I felt like it would be enough. I have had this phone for 2+ years and I don't have a single pic/video/song on it I do have 3 pages of apps and a handful of podcasts (I assume podcasts are not big data) It was a godd starter phone for me but I hate whenever I try to open an app, it has to redownload it.. I have gone in the storage and deleted about 8 podcasts and that lasts for about 2 dys til I am right back against th storage limit... I will be "listening out for a Black Friday deal on a SE.

Thanks again
    Mike

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    With my mom's iPhone SE, she doesn't do streaming video or music, her internal memory storage (mostly from pictures/videos that she recorded) is filling her phone memory and prompting her to pay for more iCloud storage that she refuses to do so, not that I blame her. Applications only get larger as time goes on. Phone users who rarely update their phones are better off buying devices with larger internal memory to make them more future-proof. I remember when I purchased phones in the early 2000's, their internal memory was measured b in megabytes and now phones measure it by the gigabyte.

With Android phones, users can buy SD cards for additional memory without an additional monthly cost, but not an option for iPhone users.

Device(s)
    Note 8, LG Xpression 2
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity, Tracphone
    Feedback Score
    She should try Google photos it has unlimited storage for photos and videos.

Sent from my SM-J737T1 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    64GB is enough for what you have. it's the same for me.