Thread: Setting up Mint on LTE iPad , can I get text messages + photos thru the Mint phone number ?

Device(s)
    nexus and RIP Motorola flip phone
    Carrier(s)
    T -Mobile ATT
    Feedback Score

Setting up Mint on LTE iPad , can I get text messages + photos thru the Mint phone number ?

Hi ,

I just got the 3 month 8GB deal from Best Buy ,

I activated the Sim on my Moto G7 so its working now ,

I want to put the Mint sim in my 1 year old LTE iPad ,

Anyone know the settings ? or other tricks ?

and how can I use the iPad and the Mint phone number I was given (310-406-xxxx) to send and receive text messages from Android and apple users ?

Thanks for your help ,
    Wanted: old barnfind VWs and Sports cars ,
    save them from the crusher , I have had my tetanus shots so rust does not scare me ,
    anything considered even parts cars

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work phone / T-Mobile (iPad) / Sprint (personal phone) / AT&T MVNO (for fun)!
    Feedback Score
    You should be able to just pop the SIM in. if data doesn't work, then you'll need to download an APN setting.

Texting (SMS/MMS) USING YOUR IPAD PHONE NUMBER is not possible on an iPad, but you can text using the number of an iPhone also associated with your Apple ID. Those texts will come to/from your iPad and appear to come from your iPhone's phone number.

You can also send and receive iMessages. Typically on an iPad you log in with your Apple ID (not the phone number from the SIM, since they really don't consider the iPad phone number as associated with the iPad). Then if you have an iPhone, you can have your iMessages go to your iPhone and iPad simultaneously, and send from either device.

In the MESSAGES settings, you can elect to <SEND AND RECEIVE> on any or all of your devices (phone numbers and registered email addresses), and then in the lower part of that screen you can START NEW CONVERSATIONS from your iPhone number (not iPad number). So whether I start a conversation from either of my iPhones or my iPad, the iMessage appears to come from my main phone. All messages come to each device, and they sync up so I only have to "read" the message on one device for it to show as "read" on all of them.

Device(s)
    nexus and RIP Motorola flip phone
    Carrier(s)
    T -Mobile ATT
    Feedback Score
    ohhh , well I am in a "mixed" marriage , Android phones and an iPad , so I do not have a iPhone to "borrow" the number from.....

so much to learn .......

Thanks

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work phone / T-Mobile (iPad) / Sprint (personal phone) / AT&T MVNO (for fun)!
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, not having native testing on the iPad is a shortcoming.

And you can't just "borrow" a number for this -- you need the phone to be in use at the time -- the phone actually gets the text message, and then the phone passes it to iCloud, which passes it to the iPad where it is mirrored. The opposite occurs when you send from the iPad --> it goes to iCloud --> to the iPhone, and then out via the cell network from the iPhone. This is all invisible to the user (very eloquently), but doesn't work if you don't have an iOS infrastructure.

Feedback Score
    an option would be to use google voice, textnow or another 'over the top' service that provides a free phone number for texting(and calls)

advantage would also be if you get another Mint SIM with a different number you would keep the same OTT number, you could also install the OTT app on your phone and text and reply from there or the iPad or even a browser on a computer whichever is most convenient at the moment