Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Re-up for Another Year

Device(s)
    LG Q6, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mike2874 View Post
    So since my date to renew is November 8th does that mean I’m back to the $118.75 or $125 option?
    For now, you can buy the $15 30-day 500/500/500 time card to tie you over another month. With Black Friday and the holidays coming, it's likely TF will have good deals in the next 30 days.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    I have been doing it for several years since I saw it mentioned here. They may have closed that loophole.
    I don't have time to do a search now, but I'm pretty sure someone posted within the last 2 months that they were able to buy just the 365-day add-on after removing the time card from the cart.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    I wonder whether it is possible to just let my current tracfone (The a10e) go a year. Unlock it. Then do the BYOP plan with a new number.
    Your TF-branded A10e uses TF/Verizon. The sticky point is that TF/Verizon probably won't add the IMEI of your A10e to the whitelist, even after it was unlocked. As such, you can't use its IMEI to activate a TF/Verizon BYOP SIM.

Feedback Score
    November promo code for $50 off the $125 yearly plan if that is preferable to a new SIM deal or the $49 year add-on isn't available to you:

http://extras.tracfone.com/en/spotli.../november-2020

BUT ... folks, including me, report problems with promo codes lately. Be prepared to work with customer service chat if things don't work. I used one of these last year, but don't recall if it adjusts your balance before the final click to be sure it works. (https://howardforums.com/showthread....working-lately)

Feedback Score
    So since my date to renew is November 8th does that mean I’m back to the $118.75 or $125 option?
    There is this one for $60 that has carrier options.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tracfone-Pr...item41fed85370

Feedback Score
    I used the $50 off promo last year in November from the link mentioned and it worked fine. Showed an adjusted amount of $75 and then added the usual taxes. But, I read on this forum about the Promo codes not being honored for earlier $50 off offers,and people's cards being charged the full $125. My renewal comes up in November and I was going to use this Promo since it is being offered again. I don't use a lot of minutes so the time is definitely more important to me, but the minutes are a great bargain with this deal. I am a little hesitant to try it now though. I have never had good experiences with Tracfone support, especially by phone. Twice I've used chat and it is better.

Feedback Score
    Guys thanks for the options I absolutely hate dealing with Tracfone customer service but I may try the $50 off deal and hopefully it works. As a backup I’ll use loboheeler’s link.

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Personally I'm wondering what the tracfone world will look like in November2021....?I'm quite sure I'll never use up the minutes on our 3 phones by that time.

Feedback Score
    Guys thanks for the options I absolutely hate dealing with Tracfone customer service but I may try the $50 off deal and hopefully it works. As a backup I’ll use loboheeler’s link.
    Just an important note. When you do this, Tracfone will show the correct amount after applying the discount. You will also get the right balance of minutes, etc. But, the real test will be what they charge to your credit card. Others recently have had the full $125 price charged to their card.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz87 View Post
    Just an important note. When you do this, Tracfone will show the correct amount after applying the discount. You will also get the right balance of minutes, etc. But, the real test will be what they charge to your credit card. Others recently have had the full $125 price charged to their card.
    So if I call them say 30 minutes after the transaction will they be able to tell me exactly what they charged my credit card?

If they overcharge me is this going to be difficult to have them correct this?

Device(s)
    BB 8320
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    .... I absolutely hate dealing with Tracfone customer service ...
    You have to enjoy the challenge of the hunt. Fortunately, we have tour guides like HPHAM that guide us through the jungles of the TF safari.

Anybody can pay VZ/T/TMO ~ $80/mo. I get satisfaction from working the TF system and coming away with a year of service for $29.99.

Device(s)
    Moto Z3 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Here is a year extension with data/min/txt for $90.. Not as cheap as the sim, but should be less hassle..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tracfone-Se...4AAOSwCKdfTnnb

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbw View Post
    Here is a year extension with data/min/txt for $90.. Not as cheap as the sim, but should be less hassle..

Just curious because you guys know more than me... but why should this be less of an hassle than say the $50 Off $125 plan?

Device(s)
    Moto Z3 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Just curious because you guys know more than me... but why should this be less of an hassle than say the $50 Off $125 plan?
    I meant it would be less hassle less then buying a pre loaded sim and doing the the transfer. You just add this to your current plan, same as the 50$ off $125..

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbw View Post

Be careful with those re-sellers. Basically, you pay the seller and provide your phone number to the seller. The seller uses his way (existing time card, new time card, trickery, etc) to load new days/units to your phone. Some bad sellers use stolen credit cards to buy time cards to load to your phone. When the credit card companies reverse the charge, Tracfone cancel the sale, take back the added time card, or blacklist your phone. Since you didn't buy the time card directly from TF, you don't have a recourse with them. You'll have to fight with Ebay to get your money back.

I'm not saying ALL of those re-sellers are bad, but be very careful about buying from them. The seller in that listing is in Honduras, good luck trying to get the arms of US law enforcement to reach him in case of fraud.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast