Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Re-up for Another Year

Feedback Score

Re-up for Another Year

Every year I re-up for another yearly plan but really surprised the price went up for 365 day service. Is my cheapest option the $118.75 Auto-Refill?

Device(s)
    LG Q6, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    If your phone is a TF-branded phone (not BYOP), you can add a $15 time card to the cart and it'll offer you some add-on deals. One of them is a year of service for $49.99 (with no additional talk/text/data units). You can buy them both, or you can remove the $15 time card from the cart and just buy the add-on 1-year.

If your phone is a BYOD, there are deals for a BYOD SIM preloaded with 1-yr 1200/1200/3GB that Tracfone often put on sale on Ebay for $29.99 to $49.99.

Name:  Tracfone-Add-On-Offers-2020-10-30.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  44.4 KB

Feedback Score
    Thanks hpham I have a BYOP so what kind of eBay search do I put in so I get a legit deal?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mike2874 View Post
    Thanks hpham I have a BYOP so what kind of eBay search do I put in so I get a legit deal?
    Here's one being sold by TF themselves at the usual price of $49.99. A few weeks ago it was on sale for $29.99. This one is a TF/AT&T BYOP SIM (based on the item description and the Blue US map on the picture). Sometimes they have another listing which you select the carrier (AT&T, T-mo, Verizon). Which carrier does your phone use?

Tracfone BYOP SIM preloaded with 1-yr 1200/1200/3GB .

If you buy one of these preloaded BYOP SIMs, you can contact a TF rep and ask the rep to transfer service from your current BYOP SIM to it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    If your phone is a TF-branded phone (not BYOP), you can add a $15 time card to the cart and it'll offer you some add-on deals. One of them is a year of service for $49.99 (with no additional talk/text/data units). You can buy them both, or you can remove the $15 time card from the cart and just buy the add-on 1-year....
    This did not work for me earlier this week for a TF branded phone for the old-style $10 card. When I added the $10 card and the one year offer then removed the $10 card it just took me back to select a plan/card. I did not think to try the new $15 card.

Feedback Score
    My carrier is Verizon.

Sure sounds like a lot of hassle having to change SIM cards and then call them to transfer service just to renew for another year. When you change SIM cards does your previous minutes, texts, and data carry over?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    My carrier is Verizon.

Sure sounds like a lot of hassle having to change SIM cards and then call them to transfer service just to renew for another year. When you change SIM cards does your previous minutes, texts, and data carry over?
    If the rep does a TRANSFER from the old SIM to the new SIM, your phone number, existing days and bucket balances get transferred to the new SIM, then 365 days and 1200/1200/3GB get added on top of that.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    This did not work for me earlier this week for a TF branded phone for the old-style $10 card. When I added the $10 card and the one year offer then removed the $10 card it just took me back to select a plan/card. I did not think to try the new $15 card.
    I've never needed to buy more days using the add-on $49.99. From what I've read, the trick of removing the time card from the cart and only buying the 365 days works for some people and not others. I have no personal experience with it.

Feedback Score

Re-up for Another Year

Have you checked the promo codes on Turkforum? Sometimes there are dollars off codes for purchasing airtime. Worth a try. I have not bought airtime in some time so I can’t verify what is working now or not.

Feedback Score
    I've never needed to buy more days using the add-on $49.99. From what I've read, the trick of removing the time card from the cart and only buying the 365 days works for some people and not others. I have no personal experience with it.
    I have been doing it for several years since I saw it mentioned here. They may have closed that loophole.

Feedback Score
    Hpham would you mind linking me to a SIM plan for Verizon?

So do I understand correctly that once I get the new SIM I swap it out with my current one... then call Tracfone and tell to transfer service to the new SIM?

Feedback Score
    Hpham would you mind linking me to a SIM plan for Verizon?

So do I understand correctly that once I get the new SIM I swap it out with my current one... then call Tracfone and tell to transfer service to the new SIM?
    Do it by chat unless you enjoy trying to understand someone who can barely speak English. Have the chat agent verify your current balance first. Tell them that you want to activate the new SIM with a TRANSFER from your existing account. Do not use the term combine. That means something else to them and will only gum up the works.

You can do the whole thing online by yourself, but if something goes wrong it will be very difficult or impossible to recover anything lost.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    1. Hpham would you mind linking me to a SIM plan for Verizon?

2. So do I understand correctly that once I get the new SIM I swap it out with my current one... then call Tracfone and tell to transfer service to the new SIM?
    1. I don't see one for Verizon being sold currently by Tracfone on Ebay.

2. Yes.

Feedback Score
    1. I don't see one for Verizon being sold currently by Tracfone on Ebay.

2. Yes.
    So since my date to renew is November 8th does that mean I’m back to the $118.75 or $125 option?

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Since my tracfone plan is for emergency use, at least the option above may work. I see the BYOP plan on eBay for $49.99, if I was just willing to use an existing phone. Or do the $49.99 year extension for my existing minutes. Or buy a phone with a years service for $49.99.

I wonder whether it is possible to just let my current tracfone (The a10e) go a year. Unlock it. Then do the BYOP plan with a new number.
    iPhone 12 Pro is my current primary phone. Not yet signed up for 5G.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast