Thread: List of BYOP devices q4 2020?

Carrier(s)
    pageplus, looking for better
    Feedback Score

Question List of BYOP devices q4 2020?

I brought my GSM Blackberry Passport to Metro, for the VoLTE capability... which wasn't happening on a cheaper pre-paid SIM

Right now (but for how long?) it's pulling 3-4 bars at 1.4 mi from tower ... FOR NOW
    needless to say "It's not broken, don't F* with it" may not apply in my case

What are the facts behind this "Some devices won't work soon" (I fear it's not a rumor)

Q#1 WHEN is this "cut off"

Q#2 Will WHICH - if not devices, bands etc - be affected.

Not in a position to replace my device (it's working FINE), price point for unlocked GSM's steep ... The LAST thing I need is to wager tiny savings, take it to the store and OOOPS

Maybe I should be asking if "Bring your own Phone" is going away entirely. (?)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by virginwidow View Post
    I brought my GSM Blackberry Passport to Metro, for the VoLTE capability... which wasn't happening on a cheaper pre-paid SIM

Right now (but for how long?) it's pulling 3-4 bars at 1.4 mi from tower ... FOR NOW
    needless to say "It's not broken, don't F* with it" may not apply in my case

What are the facts behind this "Some devices won't work soon" (I fear it's not a rumor)

Q#1 WHEN is this "cut off"

Q#2 Will WHICH - if not devices, bands etc - be affected.

Not in a position to replace my device (it's working FINE), price point for unlocked GSM's steep ... The LAST thing I need is to wager tiny savings, take it to the store and OOOPS

Maybe I should be asking if "Bring your own Phone" is going away entirely. (?)
    If you have working VoLTE i would not be concerned. What will be happening soon is the shut down of 2G and the little remaining 3G(non LTE 4G/H+).This will be a problem for phones that now drop to H+ or 2G for calls since they do not support VoLTE

If T-Mobile does not recognize your device by the IMEI number they may warn you even if your phone is likely to work fine.

Carrier(s)
    pageplus, looking for better
    Feedback Score

THANKS for response

Quote Originally Posted by robbyrobby View Post
    ...This will be a problem for phones that now drop to H+ or 2G for calls since they do not support VoLTE

If T-Mobile does not recognize your device by the IMEI number they may warn you even if your phone is likely to work fine.
    Thanks for the clarification. Seems I've got working "early" VoLTE, due to Mercy for the SIM being activated a couple years... My current handset failed the IMEI checker couple weeks back. Hence the 'OMG ' Q?

It's commendable, good business, existing hand-sets still working. Am very grateful.

Hoping a Motorola's within reach before "borrowed time" runs out.

Thanks again, VW