Page 106 of 118 FirstFirst ... 6 56 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1767

Thread: Tracfone Rewards Program

  1. #1576
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    14,582
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense Al View Post
    Hmmmm.... I just lost tens of thousands of pending reward points. Anyone else? I was hoping Tracfone would stop stealing people's points but I guess I just got hit big time.
    Thankfully, my 21,277 points are still there, as of now. They were earned adding 2 lines and spin/scratch over the last 5 months. The points I was supposed to receive by using a referral code when I first created my Rewards account were never received...

  2. #1577
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Lantana, TX
    Posts
    251
    Device(s)
    Pixel 3 & 3a, iPhone SE (2020)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by energyx View Post
    If they were referrals, good luck. I lost 48k and still fighting with them to get back. Now I've been forwarded to their Loss Prevention 888 number... I'll never see them.
    I was wondering if you ever got yours back. Most of my points were from referrals.

    They are a screwed up company... or just scammers running a fraudulent rewards program.
    Tracfone BBB Complaint Response: A Tracfone representative told me that posting a referral code around on Internet forums and social media is a violation of the terms. The referral program is for referring known friends and family.

  3. #1578
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Lantana, TX
    Posts
    251
    Device(s)
    Pixel 3 & 3a, iPhone SE (2020)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by energyx View Post
    If they were referrals, good luck. I lost 48k and still fighting with them to get back. Now I've been forwarded to their Loss Prevention 888 number... I'll never see them.
    By the way, have you tried filing a BBB complaint about your lost/stolen points?

    UPDATE: I just submitted a BBB complaint... they took 120,000 referral points that I had accumulated over the past few months.... most pending but also 12,000 from my available points. They have an A+ rating with the BBB... so maybe that means they actually resolve BBB complaints.

    https://www.bbb.org/us/fl/miami/prof...-0633-21000362
    Last edited by Common Sense Al; 05-28-2021 at 08:28 PM.

  4. #1579
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    47
    Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 9, moto z4, iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense Al View Post
    Hmmmm.... I just lost tens of thousands of pending reward points. Anyone else? I was hoping Tracfone would stop stealing people's points but I guess I just got hit big time.
    Quote Originally Posted by energyx View Post
    If they were referrals, good luck. I lost 48k and still fighting with them to get back. Now I've been forwarded to their Loss Prevention 888 number... I'll never see them.
    I lost 36K points from my March referrals. I decided that I am not even going to fight them. My time is too valuable to waste chatting or speaking with clueless agents.

  5. #1580
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    183
    Device(s)
    Moto G Power, Moto G7 Power, Moto E6
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (Verizon), Visible
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense Al View Post
    By the way, have you tried filing a BBB complaint about your lost/stolen points?

    UPDATE: I just submitted a BBB complaint... they took 120,000 referral points that I had accumulated over the past few months.... most pending but also 12,000 from my available points. They have an A+ rating with the BBB... so maybe that means they actually resolve BBB complaints.

    https://www.bbb.org/us/fl/miami/prof...-0633-21000362
    Was there an entry in your points history showing the deduction and something about suspected program abuse?

  6. #1581
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Lantana, TX
    Posts
    251
    Device(s)
    Pixel 3 & 3a, iPhone SE (2020)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristInMe View Post
    I lost 36K points from my March referrals. I decided that I am not even going to fight them. My time is too valuable to waste chatting or speaking with clueless agents.
    Yes, that is why I did a BBB complaint... it was relatively painless to get the complaint in and probably has a better chance of getting resolved than dealing with clueless agents.

  7. #1582
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Lantana, TX
    Posts
    251
    Device(s)
    Pixel 3 & 3a, iPhone SE (2020)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by YaWho View Post
    Was there an entry in your points history showing the deduction and something about suspected program abuse?
    There was this deduction, probably referring to the 12,000 available points that were removed, but nothing that I saw for the 108,000 pending points that disappeared. It just says "DEDUCT 12000"... no reason give at all.

    Name:  DEDUCT12000.png
Views: 73
Size:  3.7 KB

  8. #1583
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    183
    Device(s)
    Moto G Power, Moto G7 Power, Moto E6
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (Verizon), Visible
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense Al View Post
    There was this deduction, probably referring to the 12,000 available points that were removed, but nothing that I saw for the 108,000 pending points that disappeared. It just says "DEDUCT 12000"... no reason give at all.

    Name:  DEDUCT12000.png
Views: 73
Size:  3.7 KB
    Well that's a new one that I haven't seen reported before, the "DEDUCT" with no alleged abuse. I'm seeing what seems like a pattern where if points are intentionally deducted by Tracfone then ALL the pending points are also subtracted from your total points with no entry and they leave the referral entry in your history. So the only way to know they took them is if you keep up with your total or if you add everything up you will see the points are actually gone from your total (pasting the points history into a spreadsheet is the easiest way to tell)

    Then, referrals that you get AFTER the date of the point deduction will begin to add to your total again.
    Last edited by YaWho; 05-29-2021 at 02:37 AM.

  9. #1584
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    982
    Device(s)
    LG 290C
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    From what I've seen, a 'cursed' account--one that has had points cancelled before--is best left and moved on from. They will continue to remove all future referrals from that account.

  10. #1585
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Lantana, TX
    Posts
    251
    Device(s)
    Pixel 3 & 3a, iPhone SE (2020)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfoner View Post
    From what I've seen, a 'cursed' account--one that has had points cancelled before--is best left and moved on from. They will continue to remove all future referrals from that account.
    I'm guessing the real fraud is on Tracfone's part and any account that accumulates a "larger" number of referrals is going to eventually get "cursed" as you say.

    They could have simply put in the terms "max of 10 referrals per year" or something like that... instead of resorting to these "theft" tactics.

  11. #1586
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    28
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfoner View Post
    From what I've seen, a 'cursed' account--one that has had points cancelled before--is best left and moved on from. They will continue to remove all future referrals from that account.
    probably a good idea. but if you have more a than a couple of years of service left on the account you are forfeiting too much

  12. #1587
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    456
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dealjumpr View Post
    probably a good idea. but if you have more a than a couple of years of service left on the account you are forfeiting too much
    No need to abandon the line itself: just don't count on it to earn rewards referrals.
    My Tello referral code is P3BSR5HV, and gets both of us 10 Tello Dollars to pay for a plan.
    https://tello.com/account/register?_referral=P3BSR5HV

  13. #1588
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    982
    Device(s)
    LG 290C
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dealjumpr View Post
    probably a good idea. but if you have more a than a couple of years of service left on the account you are forfeiting too much
    You can always just remove the line from the abandoned account and add it again to the new account.

  14. #1589
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Lantana, TX
    Posts
    251
    Device(s)
    Pixel 3 & 3a, iPhone SE (2020)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    I decided I am going to write them a "nice" letter (with screenshots) per the terms in the rewards program and see what happens. Here is the relevant section:

    10. DISPUTE RESOLUTION

    Most customer concerns can be resolved quickly and to the customer’s satisfaction by contacting Customer Care at (877) 878-7908. Before taking any formal action, You agree to first contact us in writing and provide a description of your dispute, all relevant documents, and your proposed resolution. If we are unable to resolve your dispute within thirty (30) days of your notice to us, you agree to submit your dispute to binding arbitration or small claims court as set forth in this provision. Please forward your dispute to TracFone Wireless, Inc., Attn: Legal Department-Consumer Claims, 9700 NW 112 Avenue, Miami, FL 33178.
    The terms also say:

    If your Rewards Account shows signs of fraud, abuse, or suspicious activity you may lose your Points and your Account may be suspended or terminated immediately.
    So that says to me they can come up with any reason they want to as a "sign" of "fraud" and then take away however many points they want to and even suspend or terminate your account. That is scary anti-consumer stuff.

  15. #1590
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,812
    Device(s)
    LG Q7+, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense Al View Post
    So that says to me they can come up with any reason they want to as a "sign" of "fraud" and then take away however many points they want to and even suspend or terminate your account. That is scary anti-consumer stuff.
    TF Loss Prevention Dept used to view accounts with a large number of minutes as "fraud" and took away a portion of it without reason or recourse. They don't let you explain how you obtained those minutes, and fighting them to get those minutes back is like fighting city hall. They used to target accounts with over 5,000 minutes, but it seems like they've raised that threshold.

Page 106 of 118 FirstFirst ... 6 56 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-30-2020, 02:06 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-06-2020, 09:49 AM
  3. NEW Tracfone Rewards Program
    By LadyLC in forum Tracfone/Net10
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 09-05-2020, 02:07 PM
  4. the edge rewards program
    By ellipse in forum AT&T
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-19-2004, 10:21 PM

Bookmarks