Page 107 of 118 FirstFirst ... 7 57 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1762

Thread: Tracfone Rewards Program

Device(s)
    Pixel 3 & 3a, iPhone SE (2020)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    TF Loss Prevention Dept used to view accounts with a large number of minutes as "fraud" and took away a portion of it without reason or recourse. They don't let you explain how you obtained those minutes, and fighting them to get those minutes back is like fighting city hall. They used to target accounts with over 5,000 minutes, but it seems like they've raised that threshold.
    Yes, it may be a waste of time but I'm going to write a physical letter and I've already written a review and filed a complaint with the BBB... it's something for me to do other than waste more time on Facebook.

Here is the BBB link:
    https://www.bbb.org/us/fl/miami/prof...-0633-21000362

Their review rating is horrible but they are rated A+. Funny... or maybe not (the BBB has a questionable track record but where else are you going to turn to?).
    Tracfone BBB Complaint Response: A Tracfone representative told me that posting a referral code around on Internet forums and social media is a violation of the terms. The referral program is for referring known friends and family.

Device(s)
    LG Q7+, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Based on the experience of other forum members, filing a case with Miami BBB usually rattles TF's cage and someone from Executive Resolution will contact you to see what they can do.

I haven't filed a BBB case against TF yet, but last year I filed a BBB case againt AT&T Wireless. They had a promo where their terms said they would email you a code to redeem for a $250 Visa Gift Card after 45 days of service. They never did send me that email, and when I called the rep said I would have to wait until 60 days of service. After I filed the BBB case, the next day a Customer Care rep emailed me to get more info and later that day they sent me the code for the Gift Card.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    In the distant past when Tracfone suspected fraud they researched and were somehow able to find every phone associated with you in every sister company and would deactivate the phone and blacklist the phone from ever being used again. Deactivating the phone meant they reclaimed your airtime and "lost" your phone number. Tracfone is a little nicer these days.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    In the distant past when Tracfone suspected fraud they researched and were somehow able to find every phone associated with you in every sister company and would deactivate the phone and blacklist the phone from ever being used again. Deactivating the phone meant they reclaimed your airtime and "lost" your phone number. Tracfone is a little nicer these days.
    Maybe they realized they can't get away with that kind of abuse anymore... at least I hope they can't.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristInMe View Post
    I lost 36K points from my March referrals. I decided that I am not even going to fight them. My time is too valuable to waste chatting or speaking with clueless agents.
    Did you make any self-referrals and did the 36K lost constitute your entire balance of pending points? I'm surprised you got affected since you previously commented that most of your referrals are from people on Slickdeals and social media. I'm shocked if that's considered to be fraud since the rewards site encourages sharing your code on social media.

Feedback Score
    Yes, that was back in the days when TF had too much free stuff/flaws that could be parlayed into a nice bonus airtime balance. Since you had to use a TF branded handset, I guess it was easier for the cops to figure out. They could actually ping your phone to see the balance.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 9, moto z4, iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phonetower135 View Post
    Did you make any self-referrals and did the 36K lost constitute your entire balance of pending points? I'm surprised you got affected since you previously commented that most of your referrals are from people on Slickdeals and social media. I'm shocked if that's considered to be fraud since the rewards site encourages sharing your code on social media.
    These were not self-referrals. They came from my marketing efforts on SL and reddit. Strangely, the issue affected only referrals from March. My December and January referrals came through with no issues. I didn't get any referrals in February. Now I'm waiting to see what will happen to my April and May referrals.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Tracfone has been running these reward programs with the other phone divisions... how could they not expect the many Tracfone users would also take full advantage of the games? They should have known how much they would be giving away. Did they not get enough new customers for the value given away for free?

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I wonder if Tracfone could now afford to keep things running if Verizon were to back out? How big a repair job would they face to prevent it from imploding?

Feedback Score
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they giving away years of airtime per one referral obtained? And that "new" customer doesn't even have to stay long enough to turn into decent revenue.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    It sounds to me like everyone could go about five years on average before they ever have to buy airtime or a phone. Verizon will need a lot of new customers.

Feedback Score
    I wonder if Tracfone could now afford to keep things running if Verizon were to back out? How big a repair job would they face to prevent it from imploding?
    I don't know how Tracfone could even effect repairs since they have gotten so out of whack. One false move and blammo.

Even "small" MVNOs who have transitioned from Sprint to T-Mobile have had a heck of a time getting their houses in order.

It is going to take Verizon a long time to reach its goals. Expect some bumps along the way. Given what they have to work with.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they giving away years of airtime per one referral obtained? And that "new" customer doesn't even have to stay long enough to turn into decent revenue.
    No, not years... about 1 year for the 12,000 points a referral can get someone (supposedly worth about $120)... and the person who used the referral code can get 8000 (supposedly worth about $80).

I think one has to stay for 60 days for the pending points to become available... of course all of this assume Tracfone's system works and doesn't screw up or rob you of your points.

Feedback Score
    Tracfone has been running these reward programs with the other phone divisions...
    I'm very puzzled by how / why Tracfone's own / parent rewards program is so out of control.
    Are the other rewards programs just as generous as parent-Tracfone's?
    Do the other rewards programs have games like Spin and Scratch?
    Why didn't parent-Tracfone anticipate things would get out of control?

Feedback Score
    I'm not sure how TF's business model is sustainable. A consumer can buy a $50 LG 1-year bundle from HSN and get 8000 referral points by entering a referral code from this forum. Then he/she refers one friend, which is easy enough and adds 5000 points. Now he/she has 13,000 total points to spend on another year of service. So for only $50, the consumer gets 2 years of service and 3000 minutes/texts, and a smartphone included. This comes out to $2.08 per month!

Quote Originally Posted by ChristInMe View Post
    These were not self-referrals. They came from my marketing efforts on SL and reddit. Strangely, the issue affected only referrals from March. My December and January referrals came through with no issues. I didn't get any referrals in February. Now I'm waiting to see what will happen to my April and May referrals.
    Thanks for confirming. I thought that their fraud detection was more sophisticated (tracking self-referrals through which cell tower location the phones connected to, tracking SIM/phone purchases through your credit card number and address) but it seems like I expected too much from TF.

Page 107 of 118 FirstFirst ... 7 57 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 LastLast