Page 108 of 118 FirstFirst ... 8 58 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 1762

Thread: Tracfone Rewards Program

Device(s)
    Pixel 3 & 3a, iPhone SE (2020)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phonetower135 View Post
    I'm not sure how TF's business model is sustainable. A consumer can buy a $50 LG 1-year bundle from HSN and get 8000 referral points by entering a referral code from this forum. Then he/she refers one friend, which is easy enough and adds 5000 points. Now he/she has 13,000 total points to spend on another year of service. So for only $50, the consumer gets 2 years of service and 3000 minutes/texts, and a smartphone included. This comes out to $2.08 per month!
    I suppose they "hope" they can make a lot of money from the newcomers.... but their rewards program is too generous... which is probably why they are finding "reasons" (valid or not) to take people's points away.

Thanks for confirming. I thought that their fraud detection was more sophisticated (tracking self-referrals through which cell tower location the phones connected to, tracking SIM/phone purchases through your credit card number and address) but it seems like I expected too much from TF.
    Fraud to me is using stolen credits cards, doing illegitimate chargebacks, shoplifting phones and/or service time, other types of theft, and anything illegal.
    Tracfone BBB Complaint Response: A Tracfone representative told me that posting a referral code around on Internet forums and social media is a violation of the terms. The referral program is for referring known friends and family.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense Al View Post
    Fraud to me is using stolen credits cards, doing illegitimate chargebacks, shoplifting phones and/or service time, other types of theft, and anything illegal.
    That's a very valid point. In the TF Rewards terms and conditions, they are careful to talk about suspected fraud in vague terms which allows them to interpret "fraud" in any way they want. Which is unfortunate for people who were affected by this.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    That's a very valid point. In the TF Rewards terms and conditions, they are careful to talk about suspected fraud in vague terms which allows them to interpret "fraud" in any way they want. Which is unfortunate for people who were affected by this.
    Exactly... they only need "suspicion" of fraud to take away your points.... and that could be pretty much anything they want it to be. "Hey, this person has too many points. That looks suspicious!"

Feedback Score
    havent been able to spin the wheel the last 3 days. used to be able to spin after multiple refreshes but not anymore.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    If Tracfone sees their user base as those just barely scraping by in life financially (rather than simply well-off cost-conscious research-minded bargain shoppers) they will see any build-up of airtime as very suspicious... and thus not have foreseen how much they would end up giving away.

Feedback Score
    Has anyone recently activated an additional line to get 7000 points? Is the correct procedure to add the device to the account first, and then activate it?

Do the points show up after adding the device or only after activating said device? In previous posts people said that points were awarded as soon as the device was added (even before activation), but I'm not seeing that. Don't know if it's a bug I should wait to get sorted first.

Also, when I try to activate the added device, it asks if I want to keep my number. I should choose "no" to get a new phone number for the additional line, and I still get to keep my existing device's phone number, right?

Device(s)
    LG Q7+, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone added a line recently to get 7000 points? Is the correct procedure to add the device to the account first, and then activate it?

Also, do the points show up after adding the device or only after activating said device? In previous posts people said that points were awarded as soon as the device was added (even before activation), but I'm not seeing that. Don't know if it's a bug I should wait to get sorted first.
    I added two PHONES to my account in April. The 7000 points for each showed up the same day. However, someone said they won't actually become availabe unless they're activated as NEW LINES and 60 days have passed since activation. I activated one of them (with a transfer) the same day it was added. The other one will be activated as a transfer in mid-June. I don't expect to gain any points from them.

Name:  Tracfone-Reward-Activity-Main-2021-05-31.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  22.7 KB

Feedback Score
    no more wheel...

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 9, moto z4, iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dealjumpr View Post
    no more wheel...
    Yes, "Spin The Wheel" is officially gone as was hinted earlier. TracFone has finally stopped pretending to be running a generous rewards program. Now we are left with referrals to get decent reward points - assuming they are allowed to mature instead of being taken away(stolen) by TracFone without any explanation.

Device(s)
    Samsung A51
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    The rewards program was designed to be generous so they can get more people with them and its not a bad idea, but I don't think they knew it would be as popular as it is. Hell I got a brand new samsung a51 for free out of it so its good for me since I wouldn't have been able to buy a decent phone on my current budget. I have enough points for a few years of service providing the program stays alive.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleHamster79c View Post
    I have enough points for a few years of service providing the program stays alive.
    If you have "a lot" of points or are planning to use them to buy service in the future then you may want to seriously consider using the points now and redeeming for service now... because Tracfone could make those reward points "disappear" at any time they want.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I opened a new account for a new phone I got for my teenager. I used a referral code (not from any accounts under my control) in a web browser on a PC and it worked.

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  12.4 KB

Device(s)
    Samsung A51
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense Al View Post
    If you have "a lot" of points or are planning to use them to buy service in the future then you may want to seriously consider using the points now and redeeming for service now... because Tracfone could make those reward points "disappear" at any time they want.
    I'm aware that people have had points taken away but I'm not worried to about points being taken from me. I watch my total daily and screenshot for proof.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleHamster79c View Post
    I'm aware that people have had points taken away but I'm not worried to about points being taken from me. I watch my total daily and screenshot for proof.
    That won't matter. If they take them, you have no recourse even with corporate. The only time I was able to get points back was from a canceled order. I'm at the BBB now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I added two PHONES to my account in April. The 7000 points for each showed up the same day. However, someone said they won't actually become availabe unless they're activated as NEW LINES and 60 days have passed since activation. I activated one of them (with a transfer) the same day it was added. The other one will be activated as a transfer in mid-June. I don't expect to gain any points from them.
    Thank you, I will try to activate new lines and update the forum after 60 days if the 7000 points were added.

On a related note, what's the cheapest way to add a new Tracfone smartphone line? Is it the $15 plan? I have points for to cover service for month 2 and beyond.

Page 108 of 118 FirstFirst ... 8 58 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 LastLast