Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Tracfone Rewards Program

Feedback Score
    Verizon knows that it is buying a fixer-upper. I think the authorities have pushed this sale so Tracfone can be saved before it has a breakdown and leaves a lot of people stranded. As it is now, it gives me the heebie-jeebies every time I have to add airtime or whatever. The rewards points thing is a joke. Verizon wants to have a good prepaid division like Cricket/AT&T and Metro/T-Mobile instead of the Prepaid they have now. So they are willing to give Tracfone a makeover.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    As it is now, it gives me the heebie-jeebies every time I have to add airtime or whatever.
    Yep. Although I'm familiar with all the TF "maneuvers", making any changes to my TF service still is a high-anxiety event, feels like pulling the handle on a slot machine.

Device(s)
    LG Premier Pro Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

Best plan to get most points for activating 2 new lines on TF

I'll be activating 2 lines - 1 for my husband and 1 for me in December. To accumulate the most points, should I enroll each line separately in Rewards? I'll use a referral code from a HF member here to get 8K on the first line. Then I enroll 2nd and use my own code? That gets 8000 for 2nd line, an how many do I get for referring it?

Is that the best plan? I'm totally new to TF, so appreciate the help. Sounds like people are still learning about this new program.
    TZ

Feedback Score
    @tzais01
    One way to do it, refer both accounts from a high value referrer (somebody who already has five referrals so that the referrals give 8000 points).
    As a high value referrer, I like that approach. But most high value referrers are issued one time use referral codes, so you'd have to refer from two different people, or refer one account and PM the referrer for a new referral code for the 2nd account.

A better way for you, if during the limited time 10k point promotion, is to activate one with a referral for 8000 points, and activate the second for the 10k point new line bonus, for 18k total. This also has the benefit of combining all the points in the same account. Normally a new line of service is worth 7000 points, but temporarily it's worth 10k. (if one had a pile of 4G BYOP Sims, or inactive 4G Tracfones, some $19.99 airtime cards would activate them for more than the 60 days required to get the 10k points available)

The third way of doing it is to start your account with an outside referral, and start your husband's account with a referral from yourself. That earns 8k for the outside referral, and I believe the self referral is worth 5k each to you and your husband. That way you end up with 13k in your account and 5k in your husband's.
    Tracfone rewards referral code HUYV-40FF gives 8,000 points to new rewards members.

Sign up for the TracFone rewards program here: https://www.tracfone.com/rewards

Device(s)
    LG Premier Pro Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taxmantoo View Post
    One way to do it, refer both accounts from a high value referrer (somebody who already has five referrals so that the referrals give 8000 points).
    As a high value referrer, I like that approach.

A better way for you, if during the limited time 10k point promotion, is to activate one with a referral for 8000 points, and activate the second for the 10k point new line bonus, for 18k total. This also has the benefit of combining all the points in the same account. Normally a new line of service is worth 7000 points, but temporarily it's worth 10k. (if one had a pile of 4G BYOP Sims, or inactive 4G Tracfones, some $19.99 airtime cards would activate them for more than the 60 days required to get the 10k points available)

The third way of doing it is to start your account with an outside referral, and start your husband's account with a referral from yourself. That earns 8k for the outside referral, and I believe the self referral is worth 5k each to you and your husband. That way you end up with 13k in your account and 5k in your husband's.
    Thank you TaxMan! Is the 10K just for additional lines such that I can't get it for my first line? Can I PM you for codes?

Not sure if the 10K will still be going. My activation will be mid month and husband's later in month. Of course I could do them early if it's worth it for the points. Goodbye Redpocket!

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    What is the easiest way to pull up the rewards page? I have tried bookmarking it but it just comes up blank "tracfone wireless page.

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gmannix View Post
    What is the easiest way to pull up the rewards page? I have tried bookmarking it but it just comes up blank "tracfone wireless page.
    https://rewards.tracfone.com/profile...nt?language=en Seems to work for me.
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tzais01 View Post
    Thank you TaxMan! Is the 10K just for additional lines such that I can't get it for my first line? Can I PM you for codes?

Not sure if the 10K will still be going. My activation will be mid month and husband's later in month. Of course I could do them early if it's worth it for the points. Goodbye Redpocket!
    1. I don't know of any way to get the 10k points upon activation of your first phone.

2. If you use my code, it would be kind if you would PM me so that I know to update my signature.
    If you try to use my code and it's invalid, sending me a PM might speed up my fixing it.
    But December-April, I probably won't see the alert emails during business hours, (or Saturdays in February-March).

3. I suppose you could activate early, and if you aren't on a TF unlimited plan you could activate with new numbers and use up your RP minutes until closer to your monthly RP anniversary date. Then you could port in from RP. But it's probably simpler to 'activate my new phone with my existing number from another provider' and get it done all in one step.

I'm getting ready to move a friend off of RP and back on TF now that he retired (and Verizon is soon to force-retire his RP 3G phone). The account number for porting out of RP is your ten digit phone number, the PIN is the last four digits of the RP SIM card, or the last four digits of of a CDMA phone's IMEI (I assume the digital IMEI, not the Hex IMEI).

Device(s)
    LG Premier Pro Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    1. I don't know of any way to get the 10k points upon activation of your first phone.

2. If you use my code, it would be kind if you would PM me so that I know to update my signature.
    If you try to use my code and it's invalid, sending me a PM might speed up my fixing it.
    But December-April, I probably won't see the alert emails during business hours, (or Saturdays in February-March).

3. I suppose you could activate early, and if you aren't on a TF unlimited plan you could activate with new numbers and use up your RP minutes until closer to your monthly RP anniversary date. Then you could port in from RP. But it's probably simpler to 'activate my new phone with my existing number from another provider' and get it done all in one step.

I'm getting ready to move a friend off of RP and back on TF now that he retired (and Verizon is soon to force-retire his RP 3G phone). The account number for porting out of RP is your ten digit phone number, the PIN is the last four digits of the RP SIM card, or the last four digits of of a CDMA phone's IMEI (I assume the digital IMEI, not the Hex IMEI).
    Thank you Taxman. I have a BYOP Ebay sim 365 days/1200 that I was going to activate first with the port in from RP. THen I have a new HSN bundle with the 1500 TT that I was going to xfer in from the BYOP so all the services would combine to 2 years. Is there a way I can activate the BYOP now with a new number then port the RP into that?

I didn't see a code in your signature.

Feedback Score
    Thank you Taxman. I have a BYOP Ebay sim 365 days/1200 that I was going to activate first with the port in from RP. THen I have a new HSN bundle with the 1500 TT that I was going to xfer in from the BYOP so all the services would combine to 2 years. Is there a way I can activate the BYOP now with a new number then port the RP into that?

See: https://www.howardforums.com/member....0031-taxmantoo

Feedback Score
    Is there a way I can activate the BYOP now with a new number then port the RP into that?

If you want to port in to an existing line, I believe you'll have to call/chat customer service.

If you do it at activation, I think you can do it all online without giving CS a chance to enter it wrong. (others disagree with me, and prefer to do things via online chat and save a copy of the discussion)

If you post in a thread multiple times, your signature doesn't show on every post. I'm sure it's somewhere on this page.

Device(s)
    LG Premier Pro Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    If you want to port in to an existing line, I believe you'll have to call/chat customer service.

If you do it at activation, I think you can do it all online without giving CS a chance to enter it wrong. (others disagree with me, and prefer to do things via online chat and save a copy of the discussion)

If you post in a thread multiple times, your signature doesn't show on every post. I'm sure it's somewhere on this page.
    Thanks. I chatted and asked the same question and they said the plan would be erased when the number was ported in. I'm sure a new chat may yield a different answer. THe BYOP sim is 365 days, so I certainly don't want to risk that.

Device(s)
    Moto G Power, Moto G7 Power, Moto E6
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (Verizon), Visible
    Feedback Score
    I installed the iOS app on my Tracfone branded SE, and went all the way to the final confirm button without seeing the $49.99/yr option when buying airtime with rewards points. But I did see PayAsYouGo cards, so I can buy the 400x3 minute one year card for 10,000 points (at least they have my iPhone enrolled in triple minutes, which beats the $125 annual smartphone card), or I can buy four 19.99 cards for 8000 points.

It looks like 180 minutes x 4 + 500 minutes + 390 days for 9500 points beats the 10,000 point 365 day plan.
    If you don't want the unlimited plans, the $19.99 card remains the best way to buy days, and the $15 card is a good way to buy data, texts and minutes with some days thrown in.
    I'm not seeing the "Basic Plan" options in the iOS app. Did they remove it? I see only

unlimited smartphone plans
    smartphone only plans
    add ons

Device(s)
    Unlocked Tracfone iPhone SE & iPhone 6S, Tracfone Samsung Luna Pro, TF LG Rebel 4, TF LG Fiesta 2
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by YaWho View Post
    I'm not seeing the "Basic Plan" options in the iOS app. Did they remove it? I see only

unlimited smartphone plans
    smartphone only plans
    add ons

I get this:

Name:  IMG_0172.PNG
Views: 56
Size:  38.2 KB

Device(s)
    Moto G Power, Moto G7 Power, Moto E6
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (Verizon), Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tomseys View Post
    I get this:

Name:  IMG_0172.PNG
Views: 56
Size:  38.2 KB
    for some reason I'm missing two of those tabs

the pay as you go and 1 year service plans tabs

What do you click on to get that screen?

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast