Page 111 of 119 FirstFirst ... 11 61 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 1771

Thread: Tracfone Rewards Program

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense Al View Post
    Any problems with the update? Would you recommend it?
    I just ran into one issue so far. My microSD card stopped working. I am trying to figure this out.

Device(s)
    Samsung A51
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    I just ran into one issue so far. My microSD card stopped working. I am trying to figure this out.
    Hmm that's odd, mine is working just fine. What brand is the microSD card and how old is it? Try using it on another device and see what happens. I wish I could help more.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleHamster79c View Post
    Hmm that's odd, mine is working just fine. What brand is the microSD card and how old is it? Try using it on another device and see what happens. I wish I could help more.
    It is this microSD card: https://www.amazon.com/Silicon-Power...dp/B07S5QW5V3/

It is only a little over a year old. It works in a card reader in a computer. It was working fine in both the A50 and A51 till this update with the A51.

I am still playing around with this issue to see what it could be.

Edit: This issue correct itself without me doing anything. So not sure what is going on yet.
    Last edited by advcomp2019; 06-22-2021 at 11:58 PM.

Device(s)
    Samsung A51
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    It is this microSD card: https://www.amazon.com/Silicon-Power...dp/B07S5QW5V3/

It is only a little over a year old. It works in a card reader in a computer. It was working fine in both the A50 and A51 till this update with the A51.

I am still playing around with this issue to see what it could be.

Edit: This issue correct itself without me doing anything. So not sure what is going on yet.
    Ok, hopefully you can find out the cause even though it didn't work and now I see it works. BTW that's not a bad deal on the microSD card for 128gb. I currently have a 32gb which serves me just fine but more space wouldn't hurt lol.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleHamster79c View Post
    Ok, hopefully you can find out the cause even though it didn't work and now I see it works. BTW that's not a bad deal on the microSD card for 128gb. I currently have a 32gb which serves me just fine but more space wouldn't hurt lol.
    After searching a little bit, I think it was just a glitch or partly something with this: https://developer.android.com/about/...rivacy/storage

Feedback Score
    After searching a little bit, I think it was just a glitch or partly something with this: https://developer.android.com/about/...rivacy/storage
    I know that one app (Here we go) does not use the microSD card for map storage on Android 11 (2020 Moto G Power) but does use it on Android 10 (Moto G7). I have both phones and speak from experience.

Device(s)
    LG Q7+, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by russsell View Post
    I know that one app (Here we go) does not use the microSD card for map storage on Android 11 (2020 Moto G Power) but does use it on Android 10 (Moto G7).
    Thanks for that info. I use the HERE app on my phones and have the entire US map stored on the microSD card. I was wondering why on my Moto G Power (2020) it wouldn't let me change the storage location from Internal Memory to microSD card.

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    That is definitely odd, hpham. That is a huge app. I've got it on a tablet with only three states and it's still huge. I would need it on microSD if I went the way you did (entire country).

Feedback Score
    Back on the TracFone rewards topic, the points, even pending ones, all stay with the account no matter the underlying phone or SIM changes? I ask because I got a bundled phone and SIM that I'll activate for a family member but they don't actually want the phone. So after activation I was going to switch to a BYOP SIM, but don't want to lose the pending points from their activation.

Or is there a smarter way for me to 'harvest' the SIM/service from this bundled phone as a new rewards account (understanding I have to keep service active for 60 days for the activation points to post).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pitflyer View Post
    Back on the TracFone rewards topic, the points, even pending ones, all stay with the account no matter the underlying phone or SIM changes? I ask because I got a bundled phone and SIM that I'll activate for a family member but they don't actually want the phone. So after activation I was going to switch to a BYOP SIM, but don't want to lose the pending points from their activation.
    I wouldn't assume anything. With TracFone it's always a roll of the dice. I have lost perfectly valid activation points, even without making any changes.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Back on the TracFone rewards topic, the points, even pending ones, all stay with the account no matter the underlying phone or SIM changes?
    As fickle as Tracfone is, I wouldn't make any changes (SIM, phone, phone number) to a line until the pending points have become available.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    That is definitely odd, hpham. That is a huge app. I've got it on a tablet with only three states and it's still huge. I would need it on microSD if I went the way you did (entire country).
    For whatever reason, the Here map files are gigantic, at least in comparison to other offline map apps I've tired.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    I don't really want to keep going off-thread, so just one more reply to close this discussion. The entire US map for HERE is about 5GB. I usually have a 64GB or 128GB microSD card in my phones, so I have room to "splurge". On the Moto G Power (2021) the app forces me to use Internal Memory, but the phone has 64GB internal, so no big deal.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

Or is there a smarter way for me to 'harvest' the SIM/service from this bundled phone as a new rewards account (understanding I have to keep service active for 60 days for the activation points to post).
    The account is earning the points... but you can use any phone or PC logged into the account to earn points.
    I mistakenly entered both phones in my account into the rewards program. I did get 200 points for each, but they should have been in separate accounts when I entered them.

Feedback Score

Tracfone Rewards Program

I bought a HSN bundle one year ago. I have added no time to it other than what I purchased using reward points I contacted Tracfone and requested that my phone be unlocked. The customer service rep checked to see if it is eligible to be unlocked and it is. I was told that it is now unlocked. However, I don’t have another sim to verify the unlock status.

Trust but verify!

Page 111 of 119 FirstFirst ... 11 61 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 LastLast