Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TVision off to a rocky start

Feedback Score

TVision off to a rocky start

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/t-mobile-streaming-tvision-accused-202751681.html

Feedback Score
    T-Mobile will soon realize that these TV/Cable executives are very powerful and they will have to "bow" to their demands at some point.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax, OnePlus 8 5G
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by navyson View Post
    T-Mobile will soon realize that these TV/Cable executives are very powerful and they will have to "bow" to their demands at some point.
    I'm betting T-Mobile just bows out completely if it comes to that.. as they're not going to make money nor have a big enough sign up to be "worth it" for them to stay in the biz.

If anyone is stubborn enough to break these TV executives.. it's T-Mobile. They really have nothing to lose here.
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT$T: $50 Unlimited Elite Prepaid promo (for more “rural” areas)

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    I seriously don't know what these TV executives problems are. I assume if T-Mo's charging $40-60, clearly the channels are getting their cuts (you know if they could, T-mo would price it at something nice like $5 or $10 ), versus getting $0 otherwise. Their loss I guess.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Galaxy S20 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    A lot of TVision subscribers are not particularly tickled magenta with the service, too. I signed up for the $10 Vibe package and find:
    1. A lot of my favorite shows air at Oh-Dark-Thirty, which pretty much demands the $5 record program bolt-on.
    2. No support for any streaming device except Apple TV and T-Mobile's dongle. No Roku.
    3. No casting or HDMI tethering. I've tried.
    4. Some content must be viewed over the same IP address to view two simultaneous streams. Dad can't watch at the office while mom watches at home.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    A lot of TVision subscribers are not particularly tickled magenta with the service, too. I signed up for the $10 Vibe package and find:
    1. A lot of my favorite shows air at Oh-Dark-Thirty, which pretty much demands the $5 record program bolt-on.
    2. No support for any streaming device except Apple TV and T-Mobile's dongle. No Roku.
    3. No casting or HDMI tethering. I've tried.
    4. Some content must be viewed over the same IP address to view two simultaneous streams. Dad can't watch at the office while mom watches at home.
    I was thinking of getting the Vibe just for BBC America. I might put it off then :/

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    I was thinking of getting the Vibe just for BBC America. I might put it off then :/
    For $10.. it's fine.

I'm sure carriage agreements required "same IP" and the "No Mirror" streaming, and Roku/Amazon have been difficult to work with for other streaming service - so no surprise here.

$15 for some base channels and some DVR space is reasonable.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hwertz View Post
    I seriously don't know what these TV executives problems are. I assume if T-Mo's charging $40-60, clearly the channels are getting their cuts (you know if they could, T-mo would price it at something nice like $5 or $10 ), versus getting $0 otherwise. Their loss I guess.
    Their is issue is with the $10 package. Apparently T-Mobile didn't get permission to offer the channels like that.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 7T, Apple iPad Air 4th Gen (WiFi), Apple iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Verizon Prepaid, FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    There is Android TV support. I downloaded the app on my Shield today. That can probably also be sideloaded to FireTV. Roku is probably not playing ball just like they didn’t with Peacock or HBO Max at first.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    My common forum nick: GenesisDH.

R.I.P. Circuit City

We are the Bor... the new AT&T: Your World, Assimilated.

1000th post: Sept. 29th, 2008, 17:42 CDT

Feedback Score
    Roku used to be thr "go to" device. Why are they blocking so many things now?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    Roku used to be thr "go to" device. Why are they blocking so many things now?
    A victim of their own early on success. I’m sure they just want a cut of the app revenue.. They keep it up, they’ll be the blackberry of streaming.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    A victim of their own early on success. I’m sure they just want a cut of the app revenue.. They keep it up, they’ll be the blackberry of streaming.
    "Blackberry" means a fading footnote in tech history?

Device(s)
    Nokia 6610, Touch Pro II, Lumia 640, LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile (Since Omnipoint!)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Haas_Dave View Post
    There is Android TV support. I downloaded the app on my Shield today. That can probably also be sideloaded to FireTV. Roku is probably not playing ball just like they didn’t with Peacock or HBO Max at first.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It's already on Fire TV from their appstore. I have it loaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Their is issue is with the $10 package. Apparently T-Mobile didn't get permission to offer the channels like that.
    Philo has about the same selection as the Vibe package though includes DVR and is $20, Since it will be more for non-customers it's hard to see the issue as that price will be similar to Philo.

Feedback Score
    The $10 package is basically the $15 Spectrum Streaming Essential package or the $20 Philo package. Of course get the cheapest option available, but Spectrum and Philo support Roku and Fire TV if that's a deal-breaker for you and you absolutely want this package.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jamssx View Post
    It's already on Fire TV from their appstore. I have it loaded.
    Off course. Their initial press release said it was on Fire TV:

"Just download the new T-Mobile TVision app from the App Store and watch on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD. You can also download the app on Google Play for your phone or tablet, or download and watch on Amazon Fire TV, Android TVTM or Google TVTM. "

https://investor.t-mobile.com/news-a...s/default.aspx

It's just a false rumor that seems to be being spread by the anti-TMobile folks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast