Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Randomly straight to Voicemail?

Feedback Score

Randomly straight to Voicemail?

My wifeís Pixel 3 seems to randomly go straight to voicemail and I canít figure it out. I thought the only reason it might was (1) phone was off (2) Do Not Disturb was enabled or (3) Airplane Mode was enabled. Sheís using Boom Mobile as her carrier.

Are there other reasons why it could randomly go straight to voicemail donít believe itís always did this?

Device(s)
    LG Q6, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    My LG Q6 on TF/AT&T occasionally sent a call directly to voicemail even though I was sitting right there with the phone expecting the call (from Social Security). The phone never rang, and I only noticed afterward that there was a voicemail notification. I checked all the possible reasons: call was made with Anonymous ID, caller on my blocked list, ringer turned down, etc but never came up with a reason.

Feedback Score
    Thanks hpham so basically theres nothing you can put your finger on was hoping someone would know. My wife was on Verizon/Tracfone until this last year when I moved her to Boom Mobile but can’t say that had anything to do with it.

She’s in a nursing home an hour away and it’s getting kind of aggravating since neither my son or I can always get ahold of her. I know it’s not always did this so something has changed at some point. I bet it does it one out of every three calls so pretty often.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Another possibility. If the cellular signal drops too low, the "no-answer transfer" VM feature will kick in.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    Does she have a good signal?
    ATT or Verizon?
    I had problems with my Dad's phone not ringing when I was outside his window and watching it. Switched to a newer phone, ATT BYOP TracFone, and now he has 4G voice, phone always rings.

Feedback Score
    With Boom Mobile she’s using Verizon.

I just asked her the other day to check her signal strength when it does this but think she forgot. Her Pixel 3 is pretty new and a high dollar phone.so not likely it’s the phone although you never know.

I know from experience with my Pixel 3XL if I get a low signal it doesn’t go straight to voicemail but rather tries to roam and then tells you to call Verizon.

Suppose it wouldn’t hurt to call Boom Mobile on Monday to see if they have any answers.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I know I have seen this issue at times with my Verizon based phones in the past, and the only thing that I have found is some towers and phones are fighting between CDMA and VoLTE routes.

Sometimes, switching the phone to LTE only fix it, and other times disabling VoLTE fixed it.

I have not seen seen this issue for a while myself tho.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    I know I have seen this issue at times with my Verizon based phones in the past, and the only thing that I have found is some towers and phones are fighting between CDMA and VoLTE routes.

Sometimes, switching the phone to LTE only fix it, and other times disabling VoLTE fixed it.

I have not seen seen this issue for a while myself tho.
    From a Google search I found the way to change to LTE Only is by dialing *#*#4636#*#* is this the correct way to change it? This page also shows VoLTE is not enabled.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mike2874 View Post
    I just asked her the other day to check her signal strength when it does this but think she forgot. Her Pixel 3 is pretty new and a high dollar phone.so not likely it’s the phone although you never know.
    The timing of events might be important to understanding this. When was the switch to Boom, and when was the switch to the Pixel 3? How does the onset of this problem fit either of these changes?

I would get a signal app on the Pixel 3 to test the affected location.

Feedback Score
    From a Google search I found the way to change to LTE Only is by dialing *#*#4636#*#* is this the correct way to change it? This page also shows VoLTE is not enabled.
    That "secret code" pops up a "secret menu" which has a bunch of optional settings.

Might not be possible on all phones.

Might be confusing without help. Gets a little technical, could get you messed up, that's why it's hidden from the average user. Could probably get back to defaults by removing and replacing SIM, starts over.

Feedback Score
    VoLTE can be set in the *#*#4636#*#* menu or in Settings > Network. You need this, as CDMA calling may not work reliably with Verizon switching things around.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    The timing of events might be important to understanding this. When was the switch to Boom, and when was the switch to the Pixel 3? How does the onset of this problem fit either of these changes?

I would get a signal app on the Pixel 3 to test the affected location.
    The timing is that she got the Pixel 3 and switched to Boom Mobile at the same time about a year ago. It has just been recently that her phone started to randomly go straight to voicemail.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    VoLTE can be set in the *#*#4636#*#* menu or in Settings > Network. You need this, as CDMA calling may not work reliably with Verizon switching things around.
    Iím not seeing a way to enable VoLTE in Settings > Network and like I said itís blanked out in the other menu and no way to enable. Iíve never had VoLTE enabled on my Pixel 3XL and it works fine on Verizon.

Are you saying VoLTE should be enabled if possible?

Feedback Score
    Iím not seeing a way to enable VoLTE in Settings > Network and like I said itís blanked out in the other menu and no way to enable. Iíve never had VoLTE enabled on my Pixel 3XL and it works fine on Verizon.

Are you saying VoLTE should be enabled if possible?
    VoLTE is a requirement on Verizon
    does your phone have Enhanced 4G LTE Mode" (Use LTE services to improve voice and other communications (recommended) ? if not, check to see if you have the latest update. should be the November update - https://www.reddit.com/r/freedommobile/comments/9tkde8/volte_on_pixel_3/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    VoLTE is a requirement on Verizon
    does your phone have Enhanced 4G LTE Mode" (Use LTE services to improve voice and other communications (recommended) ? if not, check to see if you have the latest update. should be the November update - https://www.reddit.com/r/freedommobile/comments/9tkde8/volte_on_pixel_3/
    Where in Settings would I find Enhanced 4G LTE Mode to see if I had it?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast