Thread: Red Pocket gsma CCF reset... [email protected]#

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Red Pocket gsma CCF reset... [email protected]#

It seems every few months they reset the vm back to att/rp. Account is set up to use gv for vm purposes.

Last time was in august. This is really getting annoying. MMI codes don't work to reset it back and one needs to contact RP support (1-2 or more) which generates a ticket to get this done.

Renewal coming up in Feb, so I think it may be time to port out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    It seems every few months they reset the vm back to att/rp. Account is set up to use gv for vm purposes.

Last time was in august. This is really getting annoying. MMI codes don't work to reset it back and one needs to contact RP support (1-2 or more) which generates a ticket to get this done.

Renewal coming up in Feb, so I think it may be time to port out.
    i have seen the same many times over the years with different brands and MVNOs on multiple carriers

for both call forwarding and also having voicemail re-activated after being disabled.

i have given up on ever expecting CFF or voicemail disabling to be something that sticks long term

Device(s)
    A71 5G, Pixel 3aXL, Moto G7 Power/E6/Z3/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    I accidently disabled my Google Voicemail on my TracFone AT&T line, last week. I thought uh-oh, the MMI code probably doesn't work anymore. I turned off data and wifi (so dialing wouln't try to go through GV), then set my phone to use HSPA only. I don't think MMI codes work over VoLTE.

When I dialed the code, Google Voice said it could not provide it's number, use carrier number instead? When I selected that, the MMI code ran and was accepted!

Of course, your MVNO may vary, and maybe mine worked because it had only been disabled a short time, but it is something to try.

Feedback Score
    Try YouMail. You won't have these problems.

Sent from my iPad using HoFo

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    @Mandelstamm1 Please don't respond if you can't provide any useful information. Youmail relies on functional CCF to work. Switching to youmail won't help me one bit. Youmail is trash with all the ads and other crap they keep sending your way.

@mframe I tried with hspa too. No go. Redpocket really crippled this. I even tried 3 other phones - axon 7 and oneplus 7t, and a flip. Negative with all 3. I think i'll have to wait for the ticket to get processed. From their notes, they can see I called about this exact same issue back in august... The renewal isn't too far away. I think it might be time to look elsewhere.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Tested this morning, appears to be reverted back......... but for how long. It's barely been 3 months since the last time. I test again when the account cycles in about 3 weeks. I wonder if that's when it's happening.