Thread: How to Retain TMFL?

Feedback Score

How to Retain TMFL?

Planning to purchase a new handset to replace TracFone branded TMFL unit. What's the trick to retaining TMFL as per the TracFone statement below? Does this happen automatically in every case?

Quote Originally Posted by howardforums.com/showthread.php/1913785-Stock-up-on-triple-minutes-before-activating-new-(non-triple-mnutes)-phone?p=17075369#post17075369
    All TracFone Smartphone releases will no longer have Triple Minute Plan benefits. Existing handsets will still have the same benefits including Auto-Refill plan. However, as an incentive to customers, all TracFone customers upgrade from a feature phone to Smartphone will get the Triple Minute benefit as a promotion for upgrading to a new Smartphone. Also, if customers currently have the Triple Minute on their Smartphone, it will be transferred to the new Smartphone.

Feedback Score
    I think that a chat session with a Tracfone CSR might be the thing to do here, as most people here don't cosider TMFL a reward worth pursuing, or even a reward at all when you consider the non-TMFL plans available.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lg800g user View Post
    I think that a chat session with a Tracfone CSR might be the thing to do here, as most people here don't cosider TMFL a reward worth pursuing, or even a reward at all when you consider the non-TMFL plans available.
    I understand, but I'd like to retain TMFL. Would CSR chat be more likely to accomplish this than a call to Miami HQ? Has anyone had luck speaking to Miami recently?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by telephonic View Post
    I understand, but I'd like to retain TMFL. Would CSR chat be more likely to accomplish this than a call to Miami HQ? Has anyone had luck speaking to Miami recently?
    My BYOP phone with a non-TMFL SIM did get it when transferring service from a TMFL branded Tracfone. That was 2 years ago, and not sure if they do that anymore. It may also be a one time deal. TMFL is still provided on the newer basic phones, along with using smartphone plans. I don't think CS can be of any help here.

Feedback Score
    Please know that I am aware that continuing TMFL is advisable in a very specific use case scenario with Tracfone. I just have no experience with this. Hopefully others will chime in. Good luck.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    TMFL is still provided on the newer basic phones...
    Yes, but isn't that "hit and miss?" That is, within a particular model of TF flip phone, some purchasers have received TMFL and others haven't?

Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    My BYOP phone with a non-TMFL SIM did get it when transferring service from a TMFL branded Tracfone. That was 2 years ago, and not sure if they do that anymore.
    Interesting. Perhaps someone else can speak to whether that phenomenon still occurs.

Feedback Score
    Both of my iPhones are phone numbers I've had more than ten years, and were on TMFL 3 bucket phones at some time along the way.
    iPhones were activated in April and October of 2019 and I don't think they qualified for TMFL on their own.

Both of my iPhones gave 180 minutes on 60 minute cards this week, not that 120 minutes means a whole lot these days.
    Tracfone rewards referral code NGUN-B7C5 gives 8,000 points to new rewards members.

Sign up for the TracFone rewards program here: https://www.tracfone.com/rewards

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taxmantoo View Post
    Both of my iPhones are phone numbers I've had more than ten years, and were on TMFL 3 bucket phones at some time along the way.
    iPhones were activated in April and October of 2019 and I don't think they qualified for TMFL on their own.

Both of my iPhones gave 180 minutes on 60 minute cards this week, not that 120 minutes means a whole lot these days.
    That's interesting. Perhaps it's now their policy to transfer TMFL on new activations? Also, I wonder if new TracFone "basic phones" (e.g. flip phones) all qualify for TMFL "on their own," or if TMFL is "hit and miss" on such phones.

Feedback Score
    Transferred my TF TMFL phone to another TF branded phone yesterday.
    At first I saw the basic phone plans were not available for purchase.
    Then this AM I checked and they were available.

This the same that happened to me when I did a transfer 2 years ago on another phone.
    The basic plans are sometimes available, no particular pattern has been observed.
    These are all smartphones.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyLC View Post
    Transferred my TF TMFL phone to another TF branded phone yesterday.
    At first I saw the basic phone plans were not available for purchase.
    Then this AM I checked and they were available.
    Does it indicate that the face value of basic cards will triple when added to your new phone?

This the same that happened to me when I did a transfer 2 years ago on another phone.
    The basic plans are sometimes available, no particular pattern has been observed.
    You mean that for this particular phone, when you log in, basic plans are sometimes offered and sometimes not offered? Does it indicate that the face value will triple?

Feedback Score
    The availability of basic plans has also been erratic on my non TMFL BYOP phone activated over 2 years ago. Sometimes it shows in the app, sometimes on the website, and sometimes not at all. When basic plans are shown, the triple numbers do show. Never mattered to me, as I stopped buying basic plans years ago after the smartphone plans came out. I don't buy plans anymore, but just add talk minutes and data as needed. Have plenty of service time already.

Feedback Score
    Does it indicate that the face value of basic cards will triple when added to your new phone?

You mean that for this particular phone, when you log in, basic plans are sometimes offered and sometimes not offered? Does it indicate that the face value will triple?

Yes, the values do show triple.
    Yes, the basic plans are sometimes offered and sometimes not offered.

Since I have TF branded phones, I usually just need to purchase the 365 service days which is still offered for them.
    I will use my "reward" points to purchase plans and will use them on the triple basic ones.

Feedback Score
    A couple of weeks ago I transferred from my TMFL BYOP to a new BYOP SIM with the bundled 1200/1200/3G/1yr. I apparently still have BYOP (according to the airtime choices offered).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phone_bob View Post
    A couple of weeks ago I transferred from my TMFL BYOP to a new BYOP SIM with the bundled 1200/1200/3G/1yr. I apparently still have BYOP (according to the airtime choices offered).
    Presumably you meant to indicate that you still have TMFL?

Feedback Score
    Presumably you meant to indicate that you still have TMFL?
    Oops, correct.