Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Verizon Prepay Autopay credit when existing funds are already on account

Device(s)
    Moto Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score

Verizon Prepay Autopay credit when existing funds are already on account

Im a new subscriber to Verizon Prepay and just completed my first renewal cycle with them today. I have three lines with them on the $40 5GB prepay plan. I immediately signed up for Auto Pay on all the lines, which should be $35 per line until my loyalty discounts kick in after a few month. In the meantime before the renewal I also added some prepay funds to the account via discounted Target prepay cards. I thought I had read that at renewal, it would pull funds from my balance on account, but I would still get charged the reduced autopay amount ($35 in this case), but for the renwal it still processed at $40 per line. Can someone clarify if I understood this correctly and is worth me contacting them over? If I was indeed charged the correct amount, it kind of defeats the purposee of adding prepay Target cards unless there is a greater discount than 10%. I unfortunately bought quite a few hundred $$ worth.

Thanks,
    Michael

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Verizon prepaid bills the account in a weird way. They charge the full plan amount but then credit you with any discounts you have like auto-pay and loyalty discounts. Go to View your balance details in My Verizon and click on the "Credits" column. Do you see any $5 credits to your account?

But the easiest way to tell if you're getting the auto-pay discounts is to login to My Verizon and scroll down to your plan details. You should see "$5 Auto Pay" highlighted in green with a green checkmark next to it. Do you see that?

Feedback Score
    Yes it does show the 5 autopay discount towards the end of the billing cycle even with an account balance it shows

Device(s)
    Moto Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taoman View Post
    Verizon prepaid bills the account in a weird way. They charge the full plan amount but then credit you with any discounts you have like auto-pay and loyalty discounts. Go to View your balance details in My Verizon and click on the "Credits" column. Do you see any $5 credits to your account?

But the easiest way to tell if you're getting the auto-pay discounts is to login to My Verizon and scroll down to your plan details. You should see "$5 Auto Pay" highlighted in green with a green checkmark next to it. Do you see that?
    You are absolutely right - They credited back the $5 Autopay after they processed the $40 charge. Sure is confusing but just glad I got the discount.

Thanks for clarifying

Device(s)
    Moto Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    One other question for Taoman (I see you are a wealth of knowledge on other posts).

I am doing something similar to you in that I am trying to get max credits via prepaid Target cards paired with Verizon Loyalty and autopay discounts. I moved 3 lines over last month so only in my second month, so not getting the 3 month loyalty discount yet, but I also have a 4th line I want to bring over from another MVNO at some point - Its $25 a month with other plan (As all my other lines were before switching).

So my question is = If I wait until my overall family Verizon Prepaid account is 3 months in so I am getting $30 a month with autopay, and then add that fourth line in for $40, will the next month jump right to the $30 price since the rest of my plan is already at that level, or will that one line need to wait 3 months before droppping to the lower price. As you know when adding lines Verizon prorates those lines to sync up with the renewal date of the primary line so wondering if that would also apply to loyalty discounts as well for a new line added.

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitar1969 View Post
    so wondering if that would also apply to loyalty discounts as well for a new line added.
    No. Loyalty discounts are applied per line, not per account.

FYI: The max credit you can have in a VZW prepaid account is $1000. Do not come close to this limit especially considering you'll have 4 lines. Again, the problem is the weird way Verizon bills your account. They credit your account with your discounts before they deduct the plan cost. So if you're close to the 1k limit and they try and credit your account your balance will never go above $1000 so you lose the credit. And trying to get the credit back by calling VZW support is an exercise in frustration.

The solution to this problem is to just move money from the account owner's line to one or more of the additional lines and then move it back as needed. Money is only ever deducted by VZW from the account owner's line/balance.

Device(s)
    Moto Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the tip on the $1000 max on the account owner. I did not realize I could move money to the secondary accounts for holding. I bought about $300 worth of Target prepaid cards at the 10% off deal (with RedCard), just to get started but hoping to see a better discount around the holidays, where I could really load up. Getting my lines all set up with the proper credits was a nightmare and many hours on hold and chat, as it was pretty screwed up but hoping I will have minimal contact with them moving forward. sure hope we get 5G at some point next year as that would make it complete.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitar1969 View Post
    sure hope we get 5G at some point next year as that would make it complete.
    Just got my new 5g phone today and i am getting 5g with prepaid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kaZZoo View Post
    If you don't mind saying, what phone did you get and what kind of 5g speeds are you seeing?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Did you have to buy a new 5G SIM card?
    Quote Originally Posted by kaZZoo View Post

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Just wanted to show they do give the 5 dollar credit when you have a balance on your account

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    Just wanted to show they do give the 5 dollar credit when you have a balance on your account

But not when your balance is $1000. An attempt is made to credit the account but the balance never increases. $1000 is the absolute limit.

Feedback Score
    But not when your balance is $1000. An attempt is made to credit the account but the balance never increases. $1000 is the absolute limit.
    Oh I didn’t show my balance itself because I was trying not to share lol sorry I didn’t know you were referring to 1000 limit

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    Oh I didn’t show my balance itself because I was trying not to share lol sorry I didn’t know you were referring to 1000 limit
    Whoops. You were probably replying to the OP's first post. The thread kind of veered off to where I brought up the $1000 limit. Ignore me.

Feedback Score
    If you don't mind saying, what phone did you get and what kind of 5g speeds are you seeing?
    iPhone, Funny thing, at my home area i don’t see any 5g towers listed in coverage map but i get the 5g status, i did get a boost to about 65-70 mbps compared to 25- 35 with LTE before. this is in SE Wisconsin.

I was down in Chicago today and ran a speed test in an actual 5g coverage area listed in coverage map and this is what i got.

Bottom test is obviously in the non 5g listed area.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast