Thread: New Sprint phones on T-Mobile

Feedback Score

New Sprint phones on T-Mobile

Anyone having any luck getting T-Mobile to unlock Sprint phones for use on the T-Mobile network? I'm talking brand new phones that have yet to meet the Sprint activation requirements. I used Samkey to unlock one of my 3 new Sprint A50's but was hoping I could get them to unlock the other 2 somehow.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    Anyone having any luck getting T-Mobile to unlock Sprint phones for use on the T-Mobile network? I'm talking brand new phones that have yet to meet the Sprint activation requirements. I used Samkey to unlock one of my 3 new Sprint A50's but was hoping I could get them to unlock the other 2 somehow.
    T-Mo stopped any new Sprint activations in August. They are saying that they will be liberal about accommodating people with Sprint phones. I would contact T-Mo and see what they will do.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax, OnePlus 8 5G
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    I mean, just call and ask. The worst they'll say is no.

But, from my experience any Sprint phone that's fully compatible should take a T-Mobile SIM now anyway. It may require a software update, but the T-Mobile sim should "Just work"
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT$T: $50 Unlimited Elite Prepaid promo (for more “rural” areas)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    I mean, just call and ask. The worst they'll say is no.

But, from my experience any Sprint phone that's fully compatible should take a T-Mobile SIM now anyway. It may require a software update, but the T-Mobile sim should "Just work"
    Already got rejected twice asking customer service if they would unlock the Sprint A50 for use on T-Mobile. A T-mobile corporate store tried an active T-mobile sim in one of the A-50's and it didn't work.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax, OnePlus 8 5G
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Already got rejected twice asking customer service if they would unlock the Sprint A50 for use on T-Mobile. A T-mobile corporate store tried an active T-mobile sim in one of the A-50's and it didn't work.
    Have you simply tried leaving a Sprint SIM in and checking for software updates?

It's an odd question, but i'd start there... then reach out to T-Force on Twitter or Facebook and see what they say as well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    Have you simply tried leaving a Sprint SIM in and checking for software updates?

It's an odd question, but i'd start there... then reach out to T-Force on Twitter or Facebook and see what they say as well.
    Thanks, I'll give it a shot. If it doesn't work I'll just use the same E-bay unlocker who uses Samkey.