Thread: TracFone-to-TracFone (BYOP) Transfer Mistake by Customer Service

Device(s)
    Samsung S8+ , S20+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Tracfone
    Feedback Score

TracFone-to-TracFone (BYOP) Transfer Mistake by Customer Service

Yesterday I was talking to TracFone CS using their toll free voice number to transfer my service from a (BYOP) Galaxy S8+ (Verizon) to a new Galaxy S20+(Verizon). The transfer appeared to be moving smoothly until the associate said he was "PAIRING" my new SIM with my new S20+. Then he put me on hold .... He never returned to the call!

After 15 mins of waiting I was disconnected.

I called back and was reconnected to Ricardo (Manager). He started the transfer process all over again. He discovered my new SIM had been "PAIRED" alright, except with my old Galaxy S8+. Neither my S8 or S20 had service at that point. Ricardo suggested I move the new TF(Verizon Compatible) SIM from my S20 to my old S8, and service was re-established.

That was the "KISS OF DEATH" for that SIM because activating it on the S8 corrupted it. The new SIM could not be paired with my new S20 at that point, so the operation was a total bust.

The 1st TF Associate clearly dropped the ball. He saw his mistake and left me hanging on the phone on purpose rather than admitting his mistake. All calls with TracFone CS are recorded for Quality Assurance. Some quality!

I had to log back into eBay, request a refund on the corrupted SIM, and purchase another $60 (Year Service) SIM.

Question: When my new TracFone (Verizon) SIM arrives next week, can I accomplish a TracFone-to-TracFone BYOP Transfer on FaceBook instead of using the hit or miss voice call Customer Service?

Feedback Score
    The agents who communicate by chat are superior to the voice agents. You can also copy/paste the transcript.

Feedback Score
    The SIM shipped with the S20, therefore it was already paired with the S20, right?

I don't use CS for anything I can accomplish on the web site. Worst case, 3x in the last couple of years, I have to use chat to finish the process.
    Two times out of three, the chat rep completed the transfer and applied my balances, in addition to the system applying my balances, and I hit the lottery. One of those times was with a phone that had 9gb on it, I didn't mind that getting doubled.
    Tracfone rewards referral code NGUN-B7C5 gives 8,000 points to new rewards members.

Sign up for the TracFone rewards program here: https://www.tracfone.com/rewards

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joshiii View Post
    Yesterday I was talking to TracFone CS using their toll free voice number to transfer my service from a (BYOP) Galaxy S8+ (Verizon) to a new Galaxy S20+(Verizon). The transfer appeared to be moving smoothly until the associate said he was "PAIRING" my new SIM with my new S20+.
    Did you use a new BYOP SIM in the S20+? The only thing they needed was the phone number from the S8+, and the IMEI and new BYOP SIM number to do the service transfer to the S20+. Once transferred, the SIM number from the S8+ would be dropped from the system. It was a real screw-up to apply the new SIM number to the S8+ instead of the S20+.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taxmantoo View Post
    The SIM shipped with the S20, therefore it was already paired with the S20, right?
    I am assuming the S20+ was a Verizon branded or an unlocked phone. Would need a new TF BYOP SIM. OP might clarify.