Thread: Unlocked Samsung S10+ to work with both AT&T and Verizon

Feedback Score

Unlocked Samsung S10+ to work with both AT&T and Verizon

I sort of have my heart set on an unlocked Samsung S10+. My hope is that it would work with either Verizon or AT&T. Currently I am a Verizon customer but would like the option of switching. Do I still have to worry about the GSM/CDMA thing? Do these phones handle both? Does it matter with 4G and beyond?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    For whatever it's worth, I took my branded Samsung Galaxy S9+ from Sprint to T-Mobile with no issues about 6 months ago. Inserted newly activated T-Mobile SIM cards with 2 different phone make/models and worked flawlessly without any changes of the phone settings. You should have no trouble.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Device(s)
    BB 8320
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Conversely, I moved an S10e from T-Mobile to Verizon. No problem. VoLTE makes everything easier.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CAL7 View Post
    Conversely, I moved an S10e from T-Mobile to Verizon. No problem. VoLTE makes everything easier.
    And a modern phone like the S10+ supports all the bands of all the carriers?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wacnstac View Post
    I just logged on in order to post this exact question. Whether an s10 or an s 20 are unlocked phones exactly like att carrier locked phones in terms of bands, frequencies, etc.?
    Should I have an issue can I have an unlocked phone serviced thru att or do I need to have it serviced where purchased (e.g.: Best Buy)?
    TY.

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

s10+ frequencies / bands

Quote Originally Posted by wacnstac View Post
    https://www.deviceranks.com/en/phone...-s10plus-sd855

Feedback Score
    Since the S8 all US phones have been identical internals. U1 or XAA. You can even flash it yourself. Make sure the phone is actually unlocked or you won't be able to unlock with the XAA firmware. Then you gave to flash back to original. Unlock. Then flash back to international firmware.

Neat I get free tethering.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach View Post
    Since the S8 all US phones have been identical internals. U1 or XAA. You can even flash it yourself. Make sure the phone is actually unlocked or you won't be able to unlock with the XAA firmware. Then you gave to flash back to original. Unlock. Then flash back to international firmware.

Neat I get free tethering.
    Not all. I meant Note and S lines. When the phone is unlocked whatever sim you pop in installs the proper firmware (assuming carrier has one and Cricket often doesn't). That's specifically why I flash XAA U1. Tethering too.