Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: AT&T 5G/5G+ Speed Test Thread!

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    AT&T is officially using 5G+ for C-band! Taken on S21+ running Android 12 with official firmware support for n77 (w/Commercial SIM).

https://imgur.com/a/hmuFM1a
    Where does AT&T have C-band active already?

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    AT&T is officially using 5G+ for C-band! Taken on S21+ running Android 12 with official firmware support for n77 (w/Commercial SIM).

https://imgur.com/a/hmuFM1a
    Great find!

Here's from my neighborhood today in Whitestone Queen's NYC. B66,n5,b30,b2 and b2 secondary.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 12 mini
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon (Spectrum Mobile)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarball View Post
    Where does AT&T have C-band active already?
    From what I've been reading, it sounds like they have been doing a lot of their testing in the Detroit market. Until this most recent post, my understanding was that you needed a special SIM and a device with firmware enabling n77/n78 to access it.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Tarball & blkballoon925.....

AT&T has several of these test sites running. I was previously on different firmware but flashed to stock Android 12 with commercial SIM on both firmwares. Dozens of these sites exist in Michigan, California, and Texas. There are also dozens of n77 DoD (3450-3550) test sites as well. None here in my state, however.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeybutts View Post
    Great find!

Here's from my neighborhood today in Whitestone Queen's NYC. B66,n5,b30,b2 and b2 secondary.

Very good Joey. n5 definitely boosts the uploads a bit.

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro & 12 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

^ Rogers City, MI

^ Moltke, MI

Noticing speeds have been getting overall faster over the past couple weeks.
    Your results may vary. Network performance differs per user location.

Feedback Score
    Is the Iphone 13 missing any AT&T bands for now or in the future? I wonder if the iphone 14 models will have additional bands that AT&T will use. Leaning towards iphone 14 pro max if it eliminates the notch, adds fingerprint reader and finally switches to usb-c. The rest of the stuff will likely be incremental upgrades. I want a phone that will last for a long time and I feel that the lightning port is just too outdated for the future while usb-c will last a very long time as being a common standard.

Feedback Score
    Why is AT&T nonexistent here in Raliegh NC as far as 5G+?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotmama2078 View Post
    Why is AT&T nonexistent here in Raliegh NC as far as 5G+?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It really is haha. 5G+ seems to be reserved for stadiums and whatnot. Whereas Verizon’s 5G is listed as being available only in outdoor areas.

So weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LTENetwork View Post
    Is the Iphone 13 missing any AT&T bands for now or in the future? I wonder if the iphone 14 models will have additional bands that AT&T will use. Leaning towards iphone 14 pro max if it eliminates the notch, adds fingerprint reader and finally switches to usb-c. The rest of the stuff will likely be incremental upgrades. I want a phone that will last for a long time and I feel that the lightning port is just too outdated for the future while usb-c will last a very long time as being a common standard.
    For now? No. For the future? Yes, it’s missing n14 and n46, but those don’t really matter because n14 (FirstNet) will likely remain LTE-only for a good long while and n46 (5G over unlicensed 5 GHz spectrum, like LTE-LAA) will probably see very little deployment because mmWave is better in every way (except, perhaps, cost) — mmW has better range than 5 GHz due to the 1 watt power limit for the latter (~1,000 feet versus maybe 200 feet tops) as well as considerably more spectrum and speed, plus mmW is interference-free whereas 5 GHz is crowded with all sorts of users.

The iPhone 13 added the following AT&T 5G bands that the iPhone 12 didn’t have: n29 (700 MHz supplementary downlink, 5 MHz in most markets and 10 MHz in some), n30 (2.3 GHz capacity band at 2x10 MHz in most areas and 2x5 in some due to SiriusXM interference concerns), n48 (CBRS; AT&T hasn’t deployed any yet but they probably eventually will due to it having even better range than mmW and less interference than 5 GHz despite being unlicensed), and n258 (AT&T owns a ton of 24 GHz spectrum). The iPhone 13 also added the ability to aggregate across FDD, TDD sub-6 GHz, and mmWave spectrum, which will help AT&T because they have the most lowband FDD spectrum of any carrier in the USA and therefore can aggregate it with C-Band, CBRS, and/or mmW to significantly extend their usable range by using lowband for the uplink. The iPhone 12 can’t use multiple types of 5G at the same time.

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    West 34th and 7th Ave midtown Manhattan black Friday.
    Slower speed was inside Macy's on the sixth floor b66, n5, and b2
    Faster speed on b30 and n5 outside.

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro, Galaxy S10e
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Name:  IMG_1401.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  20.2 KBName:  IMG_1404.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  13.8 KBName:  IMG_1403.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  19.7 KB

AT&T being crushed by Black Friday traffic despite both macros having 2/4/12/14/30/66. All of that bandwidth just being eaten up.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VVivian View Post
    For now? No. For the future? Yes, it’s missing n14 and n46, but those don’t really matter because n14 (FirstNet) will likely remain LTE-only for a good long while and n46 (5G over unlicensed 5 GHz spectrum, like LTE-LAA) will probably see very little deployment because mmWave is better in every way (except, perhaps, cost) — mmW has better range than 5 GHz due to the 1 watt power limit for the latter (~1,000 feet versus maybe 200 feet tops) as well as considerably more spectrum and speed, plus mmW is interference-free whereas 5 GHz is crowded with all sorts of users.

The iPhone 13 added the following AT&T 5G bands that the iPhone 12 didn’t have: n29 (700 MHz supplementary downlink, 5 MHz in most markets and 10 MHz in some), n30 (2.3 GHz capacity band at 2x10 MHz in most areas and 2x5 in some due to SiriusXM interference concerns), n48 (CBRS; AT&T hasn’t deployed any yet but they probably eventually will due to it having even better range than mmW and less interference than 5 GHz despite being unlicensed), and n258 (AT&T owns a ton of 24 GHz spectrum). The iPhone 13 also added the ability to aggregate across FDD, TDD sub-6 GHz, and mmWave spectrum, which will help AT&T because they have the most lowband FDD spectrum of any carrier in the USA and therefore can aggregate it with C-Band, CBRS, and/or mmW to significantly extend their usable range by using lowband for the uplink. The iPhone 12 can’t use multiple types of 5G at the same time.
    Did AT&T get approval to have any OTHER bands than LTE 14 as high power bands?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    AT&T being crushed by Black Friday traffic despite both macros having 2/4/12/14/30/66. All of that bandwidth just being eaten up.
    And yet there are still people who insist that millimeter wave is not necessary.

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro, Galaxy S10e
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VVivian View Post
    And yet there are still people who insist that millimeter wave is not necessary.
    Yeah, that’s two macros with 10+20+10+10+10+10 DL bandwidth, which is 200+400+100+100+200+200 or 1200 Mbps of theoretical BW across each sector which is 7200 Mbps of theoretical airlink being chewed up. Unfortunately, these sites are probably limited to less than 1 Gbps for backhaul so we’d never get to see all of that capacity fully used. Even Elite couldn’t save me. T-Mobile’s UC, SA 5G, and LTE were unbothered. Wonder why that was…..

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast