Thread: Total Wireless And Verizon Wireless 5G Service

Feedback Score

Total Wireless And Verizon Wireless 5G Service

My family and I currently have 4 lines on Total Wireless. None of us currently has 5G smartphones. If/when we move up to 5G smartphones, what, if anything, do we need to do to transition? If I recall correctly, the official Total Wireless posture on SIM cards is that they "always" suggest new ones for a smartphone switch.

Anyway, assuming I am in an area served by Verizon 5G towers, would I get 5G coverage with Total Wireless? Also, is there any additional charge from Total Wireless for 5G service?

Device(s)
    Motorola G4 Plus, Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    My family and I currently have 4 lines on Total Wireless. None of us currently has 5G smartphones. If/when we move up to 5G smartphones, what, if anything, do we need to do to transition? If I recall correctly, the official Total Wireless posture on SIM cards is that they "always" suggest new ones for a smartphone switch.

Anyway, assuming I am in an area served by Verizon 5G towers, would I get 5G coverage with Total Wireless? Also, is there any additional charge from Total Wireless for 5G service?
    Total Wireless doesn't officially offer 5G yet, but I think this will change in a matter of days. Total Wireless SIMs are starting to appear in stores now that say 4G LTE & 5G compatible. So an official launch is either imminent or has quietly happened with fanfare to come later. If you are in an area served by Verizon 5G towers then you will get 5G coverage once officially launched by TW.