Thread: VoLTE on BYOD turned on

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

VoLTE on BYOD turned on

Woke up this morning and my LG-V30 had a new icon in the bar.

Being old, I had to grab a magnifying glass to see what is was... turns out it was a rectangle with VOLTE inside.

So I did the suggested test and placed a call. The VOLTE icon stayed on and so did the LTE on the 4G signal icon.

Is it possible ATT/Cricket is finally relenting and allowing capable BYOD devices to have VOLTE, or is this just a short term fluke?

NW Chicago suburbs, just for location purposes.

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus, Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Liberty Wireless, FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    That would be great news if true. I would seriously consider switching back to AT&T if so. . . . .

3G calls take too long to connect with a weak signal. Many times it wouldn't connect, even with plenty of signal to maintain a call.

Feedback Score
    VoLTE has been available on some BYOD devices for a long while. Usually you had to put in a newer (white only) sim to get it.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by s52m3 View Post
    VoLTE has been available on some BYOD devices for a long while. Usually you had to put in a newer (white only) sim to get it.
    This is definitely new. I've had the V30 on Cricket for a year and a half, and a "new" white sim for over a year.

Today was the first day I had the VoLTE icon and the first time my data stayed in LTE while on a call - I have checked it off and on since I got the new sim.

Maybe its a fluke and it will be gone tomorrow, or on my next reboot.

Feedback Score
    Volte has only been available on unlocked iphones. Unlocked or non ceicket android phones do not work for the most part. (There are random models here or there)

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E6/Z3/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    That is why the OP is remarking on this happening with a BYOP (unlocked-unbranded) Android phone. We hope AT&T will start allowing more of this on their MVNOs.

I myself have just noticed this with my Moto G6 Play on H2O. VoLTE never worked on it. I tried moving the SIM to a Moto Z3 Play, and later to a Pixel 3aXL. The Pixel should have been whitelisted for VoLTE by AT&T, but no luck, even after the SIM was in it for about a month. Just when I gave up last week, and put the SIM back into the Moto G6 Play, VoLTE became active.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mframe View Post
    That is why the OP is remarking on this happening with a BYOP (unlocked-unbranded) Android phone. We hope AT&T will start allowing more of this on their MVNOs.

I myself have just noticed this with my Moto G6 Play on H2O. VoLTE never worked on it. I tried moving the SIM to a Moto Z3 Play, and later to a Pixel 3aXL. The Pixel should have been whitelisted for VoLTE by AT&T, but no luck, even after the SIM was in it for about a month. Just when I gave up last week, and put the SIM back into the Moto G6 Play, VoLTE became active.
    I have VoLTE on my Pixel 3a. All was required is a a new all white sim.

Feedback Score
    I've been getting this on my at&t branded moto z2 force for quite a long time.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I ported in to Cricket in September and have had VoLTE on my Moto G Power since Day 1. Still no hotspot or wifi calling though.

Feedback Score
    Still no love for my new unlocked Verizon Galaxy S9+ on At&t Prepaid. Some have claimed that getting a new At&t sim card has done the trick but I have my doubts. At&t lists my model number as VoltE compatible. VoltE isn't even in the menu even though it switched over to all the At&t bloat.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    No VoLTE on on my OnePlus6