Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cubot P40 phone

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    There's a good amount of discussion in the General forum that the F1 and a few other Umidigi models currently DO work with Vzw VoLTE by inserting an already-activated Vzw SIM, so it's likely the F2 would as well.

The problem is, Vzw COULD shut down the use of non-certified IMEIs on their network at any time, if they decide to. However, apparently so far, so good, based on those reports...
    Be careful doing this. I had an Umidigi A7 Pro that was working fine doing a SIM swap on Total Wireless (also TracFone, Inc) for a couple weeks, and then I tried to make a call out one day and got a message saying I was not using the phone that I activated with service. When I put the SIM back into the original phone, I was only getting 1X data. Customer care couldn't help me, and I ended up porting my number to Cricket.

I would hope no one else would have to go through this kind of nightmare scenario. I've used Umidigi phones for the last couple of years, but I'll never try using one on another TracFone company again.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbw View Post
    I went ahead and ordered.. got my fingers crossed..
    Have you gotten your phone yet? I'm very interested in your thoughts.

Device(s)
    Moto Z3 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by haymeadowfield View Post
    Have you gotten your phone yet? I'm very interested in your thoughts.
    I just got it today.. Put in my Verizon sim and it did not work.. Told me the phone i was using was not associated with this sim.. I put in the sim from my tmobile phone and it works great.. So far I really like the phone, it is a little larger then my Z3, but I like a big phone.. At this point, Iw would say I plan to keep it.. only question is do i move my number to tmobile or att, I am leaning to tmo as they have wifi calling..

Feedback Score
    Disappointing that the Verizon sim didn't work. That is something I would need. ATT would be my main service with Verizon as backup when I don't have ATT service. Don't have Tmobile service in our area.

Device(s)
    Moto Z3 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by haymeadowfield View Post
    Disappointing that the Verizon sim didn't work. That is something I would need. ATT would be my main service with Verizon as backup when I don't have ATT service. Don't have Tmobile service in our area.
    I have not tried to activate a verizon sim in the phone, that might work.. will let you kmow if i try..

Device(s)
    Moto Z3 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I tried to activate a new verizon sim and it did not work.. My current sim is provisioned for non-cdma use and it was in an unlocked phone..

Device(s)
    Moto Z3 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I tried everything I know to make a verizon sim work and no go.. My last option would be to activate a new sim, making sure it is CDMA less and see if it works.. Not sure if i want to do that or not.. might just move over to AT&T

Feedback Score
    I've been interested in the umidigi power model but it seems to be hit or miss , especially when it comes to reaching out for assistance from the manufacturer. I'm more inclined to go for an android one device at this point.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Moto Z3 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Limeybastard View Post
    I've been interested in the umidigi power model but it seems to be hit or miss , especially when it comes to reaching out for assistance from the manufacturer. I'm more inclined to go for an android one device at this point.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using HoFo mobile app
    I have not had to do that, so no experience.. I have had no issues with the phone except for it not working on Verizon..

Feedback Score
    Did you change the APN settings? What from I've gathered so far on the F1, the APN setting had to be changed to get Verizon sim to work. So far no one has commented on the F2.

Device(s)
    Moto Z3 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    yes, I tried all know apn settings.. The original settings were the same as on my Moto, which worked perfectly..

Device(s)
    Moto Z3 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Could not make it work on Verizon and service on AT&T is bad, so it's going back..

Feedback Score
    So what are you going to try next?

Device(s)
    Moto Z3 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    TCL 10L pro. I know it works on VZ..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Device(s)
    Moto Z3 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    One other thing about the F2, the side mount fingerprint sensor is also the power switch.. I could not get used to it and did not like it at all.. Other then that, it was a pretty good phone, I just could not make it work on Verizon.. If you use AT&T or T-mo it would be a good choice..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast