Thread: Unlock iPhone XR???

Feedback Score

Unlock iPhone XR???

My wife passed away a couple if months ago. I cancelled her T-Mobile account. She still owed a couple hundred on the phone lease. They don’t want the phone back and don’t want the couple hundred. Instead, they tell me the phone is just a brick. Yes, I can do some things with it, but no calls or texts... obviously. Now, is this totally true? Can something be done to restore or unlock the phone from T-Mobile control? Maybe to the point I could sell it? I don’t have that level of expertise. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Feedback Score
    Unfortunately, others have shared that T-Mobile or other US carriers will not unlock or unblock the phone with fees and payments due. It may have some slight value as a parts device to a shop or it may be able to be activated in another country, but it is a brick in the US.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS, iPad Mini 2, MacBook Pro 2013 13”, Apple TV 4.
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    They don’t want you to pay the remainder of the balance owed?!

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

iPhone XR

Quote Originally Posted by TwitchyPuppy View Post
    They don’t want you to pay the remainder of the balance owed?!

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk
    No, they just wrote it off and said they don’t want the phone. I could pay off the $260 owed, the phone would be activated and I could sell it. But, I’d probably be very lucky to get even $260 for it.

Feedback Score
    The phone is worth more than $260 if you sell it locally on Craigslist or a website called Swappa. The lowest price 64Gb T-Mobile XR on Swappa is currently $350 in good condition. If it is unlocked, in mint condition the price jumps to $400. If you are in a decent sized city, you can get a good price on Craigslist. Swappa is usually some of cheapest used phones of good quality.