Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Two new plans $30 & $40

Feedback Score
    How much are you willing to spend? Cheap phones I usually recommend Moto: G Power, G Stylus, G Fast

Feedback Score
    Well, I'm really only going to use the phone as a modem - I just need the hotspot functionality (actually the USB hotspot - because I have a router setup where I can just plug in a phone via USB), so as little as possible would be ideal. Under $100? Under $50? I've see some Moto e5 Plays on ebay for around $40 - although a lot of them are branded as Cricket phones - a few are branded as AT&T which I assume would work without issue.

From what I have read the E5 play supports all of these bands, but maybe there's something better?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T PREPAID
    Feedback Score
    Anyone switched a multiline account to the $40 plan? Do they prorate? Is there a multiline discount?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Pixel 4a5G, Moto G Stylus, G Power, G7 Power and G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi, metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, TextNow and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by charlesfinley View Post
    Well, I'm really only going to use the phone as a modem - I just need the hotspot functionality (actually the USB hotspot - because I have a router setup where I can just plug in a phone via USB), so as little as possible would be ideal. Under $100? Under $50? I've see some Moto e5 Plays on ebay for around $40 - although a lot of them are branded as Cricket phones - a few are branded as AT&T which I assume would work without issue.

From what I have read the E5 play supports all of these bands, but maybe there's something better?
    Don't buy a Cricket phone to use on AT&T unless it's unlocked.

Feedback Score
    A quick check on their site for multiline discount https://www.att.com/att/prepaid-multiline-discount/ shows these new plans are not available for the multiline discount. So not for me.

In addition I believe that they offered these as their highspeed data consumption must have dropped drastically because most people use WiFi during this lockdown period. I switched to the 2GB plan and every month just use a fraction of it.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T PREPAID
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by One2go View Post
    A quick check on their site for multiline discount https://www.att.com/att/prepaid-multiline-discount/ shows these new plans are not available for the multiline discount. So not for me.

In addition I believe that they offered these as their highspeed data consumption must have dropped drastically because most people use WiFi during this lockdown period. I switched to the 2GB plan and every month just use a fraction of it.
    It could be that they didn't update the page so I am checking if anyone actually trried it.

Feedback Score
    How are you going to try to register for the multiline discount when in the drop down box for registering the only selections are Unlimited Plus, Unlimited, 8GB, 2GB. No one can try this out really because you can't register it. Try the link that I posted and see if the new plans are becoming available as a selection.

As I said before this may be because everyone uses far more WiFi then LTE now because of the lockdown.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T PREPAID
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by One2go View Post
    How are you going to try to register for the multiline discount when in the drop down box for registering the only selections are Unlimited Plus, Unlimited, 8GB, 2GB. No one can try this out really because you can't register it. Try the link that I posted and see if the new plans are becoming available as a selection.

As I said before this may be because everyone uses far more WiFi then LTE now because of the lockdown.
    That page is a calculator, you cannot enrollll or make changes using that page. Also, it is obvious that they are listing the old plans like the $50 8GB plan that doesn't exist anymore.

Anyway, I just got off the phone with AT&T and they assured me that the new $40 plans get the $10 discount (for two lines) but no autopay discount. They asked me not to change my plan until the day before it renews.
    Last edited by haris163; 11-25-2020 at 01:20 PM.

Device(s)
    LG G8X
    Carrier(s)
    At&t Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by haris163 View Post
    That page is a calculator, you cannot enrollll or make changes using that page. Also, it is obvious that they are listing the old plans like the $50 8GB plan that doesn't exist anymore.

Anyway, I just got off the phone with AT&T and they assured me that the new $40 plans get the $10 discount (for two lines) but no autopay discount. They asked me not to change my plan until the day before it renews.
    So, If I change my two lines to the new $30 plan, does that mean that my total amount will be $60, minus $10 ($5 for each line) multiline discount? If so, that is a better deal, datawise over the old $35 plan.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T PREPAID
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CheapCharlie View Post
    So, If I change my two lines to the new $30 plan, does that mean that my total amount will be $60, minus $10 ($5 for each line) multiline discount? If so, that is a better deal, datawise over the old $35 plan.
    Possibly. I only asked about the $40 plan. I suggest checking with customer service.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Possibly. I only asked about the $40 plan. I suggest checking with customer service.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Has anybody switched to either new plan? Imt currently on the old $50 plan w/autopay and am pretty happy with it. Kinda wondering if they'll slow or throttle data since we're basically getting double the data?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Mint, Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlowr05 View Post
    Has anybody switched to either new plan? Imt currently on the old $50 plan w/autopay and am pretty happy with it. Kinda wondering if they'll slow or throttle data since we're basically getting double the data?
    I'll be switching next week when my monthly renewal is up. Currently on the $50/$40 8GB plan.
    Last edited by AnciusD; 11-30-2020 at 08:35 AM.

Feedback Score
    $50/8GB plan ($40 with autopay): SD and HD video. Unlimited texting to 100+ countries from the US, Canada and Mexico.

$40/15GB plan: SD video only. Unlimited texting to 100+ countries from the US only.

Those are the only differences between those two plans that I see when comparing them in the OLAM.
    Last edited by Pomgup; 11-30-2020 at 01:54 AM.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T PREPAID
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomgup View Post
    $50/8GB plan ($40 with autopay): SD and HD video. Unlimited texting to 100+ countries from the US, Canada and Mexico.

$40/15GB plan: SD video only. Unlimited texting to 100+ countries from the US only.

Those are the only differences between those two plans that I see when comparing them in the OLAM.
    The $40/15GB does have Canada and Mexico: https://www.att.com/prepaid/plans/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomgup View Post

The $40/15GB does have Canada and Mexico: https://www.att.com/prepaid/plans/

My post was about the differences -- not the similarities -- between those two plans. The list of similarities is long (and includes, for example, unlimited calling/texting within and between the US, Canada and Mexico). The list of differences is short (and includes, for example, from where unlimited texting to 100+ countries is allowed). I stand on everything I said in my post.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast