Thread: Red Pocket Verizon Tech Support call

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score

Red Pocket Verizon Tech Support call

Just submitting this to advance the general knowledge for the group.

One of my phones(Umidigi F1 Play) that had been working for over a year on Red Pocket Verizon had a very curious affliction today.

It could send and receive text messages and mobile internet was working. But it could not get to the voice mail box or send (server unavailable message) and receive calls(straight to voice mail).

Got on the online chat with Red pocket tech support and after resetting and updating the account a multitude of times with no luck, giving them the meid and imei of the phone and some more resetting and updating , it finally got working. Well the voice mail initially said not authorized to use that service but it cleared up shortly on its own.

Their explanation? System error/malfunction on their side.

This may not be helpful to anyone but while on hold, all sorts of thoughts went though my mind like was my phone at fault, wrong apn setting.... But in the end it was on their side.

Sent from my S3_Pro Umidigi using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Hmmm...there seems to be some new info here.

When you started using your F1 on the Vzw network, you did it with an already active Vzw network SIM, correct?

If that's correct, I wonder how the RP CSR was able to get things working properly with the IMEI from the F1, which presumably should not be eligible to use on the Vzw network.

I may be misunderstanding, but this made me go hmmm...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    The F1 Play has been in service for over a year. The Sim was already activated though. Before that it was in an Orbic Wonder.

It did cross my mind that maybe my phone or some quirk about it was going to be an issue. Turns out not to be the problem. Didn't even have to change or verify the Apn(usual troubleshooting step). So I assume my phone is just autoselecting the correct apn.

Incidentally, I have had issues with voice mail box needing to be reset on RP in the past. Usually handled without issue.

The point I want to make here is that sometimes the problem and solution is over at the carrier end.

Sent from my S3_Pro Umidigi using HoFo mobile app
    Last edited by ShredFred; 11-19-2020 at 08:10 PM.

Feedback Score
    I am having a similar issue with my Essential this evening (and i think I had it for a few hours last Saturday, but it cleared up on its' own.)

RP thru VZ. Prior (a little less than a year), I was on RP AT&T but switched when they offered the VZ 5GB deal.

I cannot make or receive calls for the past several hours now. I just get "Service error. Try again later."

Any tips?

When I call my number, it just rings 5 times, then voicemail-- it does NOT go straight to voicemail, but the phone itself of course, doesn't ring at all.

*Update

I called tech support. They updated something on their side as you said.. Supposedly VZ was doing some updates that affected some of the RP CDMA customers.

Pretty quick thankfully.
    Last edited by alster; 11-19-2020 at 11:14 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I contacted them through online chat. I prefer that over calling them directly. I find I can explain myself more clearly by typing the info.

One point though, the tech support guy wanted me to try my sim in another phone. That would have probably sent me down another rabbit hole.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using HoFo mobile app
    Last edited by ShredFred; 11-20-2020 at 04:37 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    If you check the redpocket olam Web page, they now list the imei and meid of your phone in your account page.

I didn't think it mattered on cdma but it might be helpful for those having issues with Red Pocket Verizon.

Sent from my iRulu Geoking Max 3 G36 using HoFo mobile app