Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: $49 iPhone SE with Port-In

Device(s)
    Alcatel Fierce 2, VMoto E, Kyocera Icon, Lumia 640, Several Dumb Phones
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Smartel, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by energyx View Post
    $5 + tax and no wait for an eBay message. 15% off if you sign up using a new account with Tello and a coupon.
    Thanks again.

Feedback Score
    Can I get this new phone and use the sim from my old phone? So i won't lose my number

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robbyrobby View Post
    possibly they can tell how long the number has been activated before porting, more likely i would suspect dealer employees are trained to spot suspicious buyers and claim such things to have excuses for refusing sales that are likely to cost dealer money in unpaid rebates and commissions.

I don't think that's the case. I can get a brand new number from Tello and port immediately. My SE shipped without issue.
    Thanks guys. I guess it must have been a shady eBay seller giving out bunk numbers

Quote Originally Posted by jawscardodger View Post
    Can I get this new phone and use the sim from my old phone? So i won't lose my number
    Yes you can

Feedback Score
    Refer yourself and get $25 more in credit on your original account. If you drop the plan to $30 right after activation, you'll also end up with 3 mos paid with the referral paying for all but $5 of the 3rd month.

edit: $60 more and 2+ more months and it's unlocked. Since unlock is based on ~176 days in my experience, you only need to pay for 5 months before it allows it.
    Hi there. Setting aside the self-referral issue (I won't be doing that), can you explain a bit more about "drop the plan to $30 right after activation"? In other words, is there a mechanism to immediately move to the $30/mo. plan with the $60 that is paid in for the $60 plan required for this purchase instead becoming credit for 2 months of the $30 plan service?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brg View Post
    Hi there. Setting aside the self-referral issue (I won't be doing that), can you explain a bit more about "drop the plan to $30 right after activation"? In other words, is there a mechanism to immediately move to the $30/mo. plan with the $60 that is paid in for the $60 plan required for this purchase instead becoming credit for 2 months of the $30 plan service?
    You got it. You pay $60 for the plan during purchase, which is what applies to your account when you activate the phone. Create the online account and change the plan to 2GB and it will show $30 charged and $30 credit for next month. A referral will save you another $25 for month 3, making it $5. You will need a code before you activate.

Feedback Score
    You got it. You pay $60 for the plan during purchase, which is what applies to your account when you activate the phone. Create the online account and change the plan to 2GB and it will show $30 charged and $30 credit for next month. A referral will save you another $25 for month 3, making it $5. You will need a code before you activate.
    Excellent. Thank you for the tip. That's exactly what I did and it worked exactly as you stated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2