Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: $49 iPhone SE with Port-In

Feedback Score

$49 iPhone SE with Port-In

https://www.cricketwireless.com/cell...4gb-black.html

In case anyone is looking for a Black Friday-type deal with Cricket.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VisionsDivine View Post
    https://www.cricketwireless.com/cell...4gb-black.html

In case anyone is looking for a Black Friday-type deal with Cricket.
    New accounts only though.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by overlock View Post
    New accounts only though.

I guess you could make a new account with a new email and port a number in from somewhere if you want this phone badly enough and then just not sign up for autopay and not pay the next month's service. You have to activate it on a $60 plan, but $110 for a 2020 iPhone SE is still a steal.

Feedback Score
    I guess you could make a new account with a new email and port a number in from somewhere if you want this phone badly enough and then just not sign up for autopay and not pay the next month's service. You have to activate it on a $60 plan, but $110 for a 2020 iPhone SE is still a steal.
    That’s kinda what I was thinking. $110 is still a good deal.

Feedback Score
    Refer yourself and get $25 more in credit on your original account. If you drop the plan to $30 right after activation, you'll also end up with 3 mos paid with the referral paying for all but $5 of the 3rd month.

edit: $60 more and 2+ more months and it's unlocked. Since unlock is based on ~176 days in my experience, you only need to pay for 5 months before it allows it.
    Last edited by energyx; 11-20-2020 at 01:02 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by energyx View Post
    Refer yourself and get $25 more in credit on your original account. If you drop the plan to $30 right after activation, you'll also end up with 3 mos paid with the referral paying for all but $5 of the 3rd month. $90 more and 3 more months and it's unlocked.
    Now that's thinking outside of the box! If I liked iPhones, I would be all over this!

Feedback Score
    Now that's thinking outside of the box! If I liked iPhones, I would be all over this!
    I used to be that way about iPhones, but with the entire family using them I finally switched to a X a couple years ago(now an 11 Pro Max). Once I replaced all the default Apple apps with the Google counterparts it was like a flagship Android phone but more stable and with Apple app capability. Too many Android phones lose update support from the manufacturer shortly after release in my experience.

Feedback Score
    I used to be that way about iPhones, but with the entire family using them I finally switched to a X a couple years ago(now an 11 Pro Max). Once I replaced all the default Apple apps with the Google counterparts it was like a flagship Android phone but more stable and with Apple app capability. Too many Android phones lose update support from the manufacturer shortly after release in my experience.
    Opposite for me. All my friends and family use Google Chat. Only a few people I know have iMessage, and they're not exactly close to me. I've noticed that you can use a lot of Google apps now, so it's probably irrelevant to most people which ecosystem they use anymore.

Sent from my moto g power using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Yay! I am hoping Cricket will have other phones on sale on Black Friday/Cyber Monday. If tradition continues, we should see more phones on sale Wednesday.

Feedback Score
    I heard that Cricket can somehow check if the port-in number you purchase on eBay is eligible for the phone discount. So if it's newly activated or something, they won't permit the porting process and discount. Does anyone know?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Krabbs View Post
    I heard that Cricket can somehow check if the port-in number you purchase on eBay is eligible for the phone discount. So if it's newly activated or something, they won't permit the porting process and discount. Does anyone know?

possibly they can tell how long the number has been activated before porting, more likely i would suspect dealer employees are trained to spot suspicious buyers and claim such things to have excuses for refusing sales that are likely to cost dealer money in unpaid rebates and commissions.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Krabbs View Post
    I don't think that's the case. I can get a brand new number from Tello and port immediately. My SE shipped without issue.

Device(s)
    Alcatel Fierce 2, VMoto E, Kyocera Icon, Lumia 640, Several Dumb Phones
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Smartel, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    I don't think that's the case. I can get a brand new number from Tello and port immediately. My SE shipped without issue.
    So how much does the "Tello strategy" cost? Thanks.

Device(s)
    Alcatel Fierce 2, VMoto E, Kyocera Icon, Lumia 640, Several Dumb Phones
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Smartel, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Refer yourself and get $25 more in credit on your original account. If you drop the plan to $30 right after activation, you'll also end up with 3 mos paid with the referral paying for all but $5 of the 3rd month.

edit: $60 more and 2+ more months and it's unlocked. Since unlock is based on ~176 days in my experience, you only need to pay for 5 months before it allows it.
    Wasn't there an "additional" $25 porting credit recently offered. Is that over? Does it come around often? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gwite View Post
    So how much does the "Tello strategy" cost? Thanks.
    $5 + tax and no wait for an eBay message. 15% off if you sign up using a new account with Tello and a coupon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast