Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anyone has used Mint Mobile before ? Any comments ?

Device(s)
    ZTE, Asus
    Carrier(s)
    Mint, Textnow, FP
    Feedback Score

Anyone has used Mint Mobile before ? Any comments ?

Anyone has used Mint Mobile before ? Any comments ?
    Since it has 3 months (if you purchase 3 months) free promotion, I am considering to switch to Mint, at least for 6 months, maybe switching back to Red Pocket GSMA after 6 months.
    I know Mint is MVNO of T-mobile.
    I used T-mobile until late 2019 so I know what is their coverage, it is acceptable for me although it is not excellent.
    Android only

Device(s)
    nexus and RIP Motorola flip phone
    Carrier(s)
    T -Mobile ATT
    Feedback Score
    Best buy just had a buy 3 months at 8Gb and get 3 more months free at $45 for the 6 months,

I would wait and see if they do the same Black Friday.

Wanted: old barnfind VWs and Sports cars ,
    save them from the crusher , I have had my tetanus shots so rust does not scare me ,
    anything considered even parts cars

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    If you like acceptable then it will be ok.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    If you like acceptable then it will be ok.
    Exactly what I was going to say.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 07.26.21
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 02.06.21

Device(s)
    BLU V5, iPhone 6, iPad 4
    Carrier(s)
    TruPhone (ATT), Mint Mobile (TMo), T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I’ve been on Mint for 3-ish years it was great in my area until the massive breakdown in May. Ever since then ,it’s been pretty bad. I had already renewed for a year before the breakdown, otherwise I would’ve left long ago.

Unless you’ve checked service since May, I recommend finding someone with a Tmo mvno and check again before spending money on it.

I’ve been looking into alternatives, since this is my main line for phone and internet.

iPhone 6 on Mint Mobile (primary)
    BLU V5 on TruPhone (backup)
    iPad 4 on T-Mobile free data

Device(s)
    LG Google Nexus 5x, Samsung Note 5
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Ultra Mobile
    Feedback Score

Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by minij View Post
    I’ve been on Mint for 3-ish years it was great in my area until the massive breakdown in May. Ever since then ,it’s been pretty bad. I had already renewed for a year before the breakdown, otherwise I would’ve left long ago.
    I'm on Ultramobile and haven't noticed any difference since when I ported in at the beginning of the year with a buy 6-get-6. I'd be interested to hear of any other having degraded service on a TMo as I'm going to be up soon.
    Last edited by lchan120; 11-22-2020 at 01:47 PM.

Device(s)
    BLU V5, iPhone 6, iPad 4
    Carrier(s)
    TruPhone (ATT), Mint Mobile (TMo), T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lchan120 View Post
    I'm on Ultramobile and haven't noticed any difference since when I ported in at the beginning of the year with a buy 6-get-6. I'd be interested to hear of any other having degraded service on a TMo.
    It could be market specific. but on tmo tuesdays I basically don’t have any service. (Over saturation with the merger is my best guess.)

Device(s)
    ZTE, Asus
    Carrier(s)
    Mint, Textnow, FP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by minij View Post
    It could be market specific. but on tmo tuesdays I basically don’t have any service. (Over saturation with the merger is my best guess.)

Can you tell me which city or metro area are you in ?

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I've got a friend who uses it, and I had been advising him on his cell phone affairs until one day he got wind of their $15/mo price (he was previously on Consumer Cellular/ATT, also his own choice). He said he felt like being bold and making his own decisions, but at the time he didn't know it was T-mobile's network. It works out okay for the majority of his travels and use at home, but I would never have recommended it knowing T-mobile's coverage the way I do (I still have an old Legacy Prepaid account). Around here if you drive off in the wrong direction (small town and fairly rural) you won't have a signal.

Feedback Score
    If T-MOBILE works in the areas you live and frequent then Mint will work just fine.

Sent from my SM-T510 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    nexus and RIP Motorola flip phone
    Carrier(s)
    T -Mobile ATT
    Feedback Score
    You can get a Test Sim for 99 cents on Amazon , or $5 at Bestbuy

its good for 2 weeks so throw it in an extra unlocked phone and see if it works in your area,,,,

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandelstamm1 View Post
    If T-MOBILE works in the areas you live and frequent then Mint will work just fine.
    Is that 100% accurate? Does Mint include T-Mobile post paid roaming? The last time I checked, it didn't, but I suppose things could have changed. Also, there are reports of deprioritization, but you'd really have to test it out in your area to find out how it is for you.

Feedback Score
    Mint is my daily driver as well as four family members and several friends. I've been very satisfied. It does not have roaming as far as I can tell, just native TMobile network.

(Their referral bonus program is also very good. I have gotten a free year of service on several lines by referring people. Since lots of people are signing up at the moment there are lots of people interested in getting your referrals. Sort of how Ting was around 2014.)

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    One of my friends was using a 3G flip phone on Tracfone for several years. I gave him an iPhone 7 that I wasn’t using a few months ago and ported his number over to mint. Mint works great with iPhones and he said the service is good and hasn’t had trouble with it.
    Looking to sign up for Mint Mobile? Plans start at just $15 and include high speed data, unlimited talk and text, 5G network access, mobile hotspot, WiFi calling, and calling to Canada and Mexico. Use my referral link to sign up and you'll get a $15 credit added to your Mint account. http://fbuy.me/pTlxe

Feedback Score
    T-MOBILE is is in the process of terminating all roaming agreements. There won't be any roaming for anyone on the T-Mobile network.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Is that 100% accurate? Does Mint include T-Mobile post paid roaming? The last time I checked, it didn't, but I suppose things could have changed. Also, there are reports of deprioritization, but you'd really have to test it out in your area to find out how it is for you.
    Sent from my SM-G970U1 using HoFo mobile app

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast