Thread: Phone with a decent camera, under $200?

Feedback Score

Phone with a decent camera, under $200?

I've been with Page Plus pay-as-you-go forever and I'm happy with the service. I've been using a Moto E4 for almost two years and it still works fine but I'm contemplating the possibility of upgrading if I can get a better camera. I am used to Android, have never had an iPhone and not sure that I want one. I would prefer to pay closer to $100 but would consider going up to $200.

Thanks in advance.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    If you are looking for a branded phone, look at the Straight Talk site for Galaxy A50 which is $150 right now or the Straight Talk's Moto G Power on the Walmart's site which is $130.

Those are two phones that I would think you would get a better camera in.

Hope that helps.

Feedback Score
    If you're up for it.

Moto G Stylus | Unlocked | Made for US by Motorola | 4/128GB | 48MP Camera | 2020
    $199.99
    https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B084CVPL...v_ov_lig_dp_it

$100 off
    Tracfone/Simple Mobile/Total Wireless has just released a deal that if you buy any $100+ Unlocked Cell Phone, add a SIM Card on same purchase, and activate that SIM you get $100 back as a Gift Card (Amazon, Venmo, or MasterCard GC).
    https://slickdeals.net/f/14431031-am...01#commentsBox
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 07.26.21
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 02.06.21

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus, Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Liberty Wireless, FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Slickdeals has the same deal on phones $199.00 and up at Best Buy. Picked up a Moto G Stylus for $135.00 out the door last week.

https://slickdeals.net/f/14460299-be...acfone-service

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    If you're up for it.

Moto G Stylus | Unlocked | Made for US by Motorola | 4/128GB | 48MP Camera | 2020
    $199.99
    https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B084CVPL...v_ov_lig_dp_it

$100 off
    Tracfone/Simple Mobile/Total Wireless has just released a deal that if you buy any $100+ Unlocked Cell Phone, add a SIM Card on same purchase, and activate that SIM you get $100 back as a Gift Card (Amazon, Venmo, or MasterCard GC).
    https://slickdeals.net/f/14431031-am...01#commentsBox

If I buy a Tracfone sim and airtime, once I've received the $100 credit I shouldn't have any problem activating the phone on my Page Plus account, right?

Feedback Score
    Don't activate the TF VZW SIM & you should be ok.

Feedback Score
    Don't activate the TF VZW SIM & you should be ok.
    So activate an AT&T sim?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CLMI View Post
    So activate an AT&T sim?
    Or the TM SIM.

Feedback Score
    Or the TM SIM.
    So are you planning to activate it with a plan on TF first to get the deal? The deal requires activation on Tracfone for the $100 gift card. You can't use ATT or TM on PP. You can get a Vzw compatible phone and a TF sim and activate that new on PP no problem. But you're not getting the $100 unless you activate on TF first and then transfer to PP later.
    Maybe @zapjb was referring to some mention in the forums of going from one Vzw/mvno to another Vzw/mvno doesn't always work. Don't know that that's ever been 100% verified or doesn't apply with TF since TF/ST/TW/PP etc are all the same company.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    So are you planning to activate it with a plan on TF first to get the deal? The deal requires activation on Tracfone for the $100 gift card. You can't use ATT or TM on PP. You can get a Vzw compatible phone and a TF sim and activate that new on PP no problem. But you're not getting the $100 unless you activate on TF first and then transfer to PP later.
    Maybe @zapjb was referring to some mention in the forums of going from one Vzw/mvno to another Vzw/mvno doesn't always work. Don't know that that's ever been 100% verified or doesn't apply with TF since TF/ST/TW/PP etc are all the same company.
    Well based on the warning not to activate on TF if I want to active on PP later, I ordered the Simple Mobile sim and airtime with the phone. I sure hope it works as intended.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CLMI View Post
    Well based on the warning not to activate on TF if I want to active on PP later, I ordered the Simple Mobile sim and airtime with the phone. I sure hope it works as intended.
    Simple Mobile is ATT or TM. Unless it's a DL model you'll never activate it on PP later. I think there may be some wires crossed in what was explained and the interpretation.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Simple Mobile is ATT or TM. Unless it's a DL model you'll never activate it on PP later. I think there may be some wires crossed in what was explained and the interpretation.
    It's unlocked across all carriers, like my Moto E4, which allows me to activate AT&T and PP at the same time so I can swap sims when I'm in Canada, so I figured I would be okay ...

But if I can't do that and I activate on AT&T then can't activate on PP, I have a real problem.

It's this phone https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1