Thread: Mint Mobile - eSim support comes to Mint Mobile!

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up Mint Mobile - eSim support comes to Mint Mobile!

Mint Mobile announced eSim support over on their subreddit recently: eSIM comes to Mint Mobile!

As of this posting, they are in beta testing and are rolling it out to new users. Only eSim capable iPhone models are supported (iPhone XR and newer) and Android support is expected in mid 2021.

It's great that eSim support is catching on and this could really help out people with certain use cases. For example, someone could use eSim with Mint as their primary line and a physical SIM on another MVNO like Red Pocket as a backup line to get both T-Mobile and Verizon or AT&T network access on one device for around $30/month. I have a similar setup but have to use 2 devices until I get an eSim phone. Other carriers and MVNOs need to get moving on supporting eSim.
    Looking to sign up for Mint Mobile? Plans start at just $15 and include high speed data, unlimited talk and text, 5G network access, mobile hotspot, WiFi calling, and calling to Canada and Mexico. Use my referral link to sign up and you'll get a $15 credit added to your Mint account. http://fbuy.me/pTlxe

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone (VZ) with Airalo esim for data with Google Voice phone number
    Feedback Score
    This is good news. Thanks for posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I can't wait till more carriers support eSIM. I have my main service on my eSIM and typically have an AT&T or Verizon prepaid physical SIM. It is beyond convenient to have one phone and two or more SIMs available for use on it. I signed up my relative for Mint during their Super Bowl promo and she's stayed ever since, she's very happy. T-Mobile works well here and her work phone is on AT&T so coverage is not an issue.
    Castrol EDGE 0W-20 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 12 eSIM; Samsung A71 5G
    Secondary: TracFones: iPhone 12 dual-SIM [AT&T] & iPhone XS [Verizon]; Cricket: iPhone SE 2nd gen
    Mobile Broadband: ZTE Z917 LTE hotspot (5GB for $10)

Feedback Score
    i would like to see phones that support dual eSIM (disabling the physical slot of a dual sim eSIM/Physical presumably)

the ease of an instant eSIM activation plays very nice with the idea of mixing and matching multiple carriers or plans on a single handset.

Device(s)
    i576, i355, i700+
    Carrier(s)
    MiKE
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robbyrobby View Post
    i would like to see phones that support dual eSIM (disabling the physical slot of a dual sim eSIM/Physical presumably).
    You know that the iPhone can store multiple eSIM’s?

Device(s)
    Iphone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Ryan Reynolds is doing good things over there. Probably now that there's a cookie cutter in place other MVNO's can more easily move forward - Tmobile MVNO's anyway.

Feedback Score
    If esim is now on mint mobile how do I activate it as a new user?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmccull View Post
    I was just about to say, I have a T-Mobile eSIM and Dent eSIM on my iPhone. I don't know if it works on Android, haven't used my eSIM on my Pixel 3a yet.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmccull View Post
    yes, aware of that. but you can not use 2 simultaneous in a 'dual SIM' setup. its one at a time like swapping physical SIMs. you can use one eSIM and one physical SIM in dual SIM.

Device(s)
    Pixel 4a5G, Moto G Stylus, G Power, G7 Power and G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi, metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, TextNow and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLand_BoY View Post
    I was just about to say, I have a T-Mobile eSIM and Dent eSIM on my iPhone. I don't know if it works on Android, haven't used my eSIM on my Pixel 3a yet.
    I was looking for answers about Android myself as I have the Pixel 4a5G. I found a discussion somewhere about being able to have multiple eSim on the Pixel 3a just like iPhone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude View Post
    I was looking for answers about Android myself as I have the Pixel 4a5G. I found a discussion somewhere about being able to have multiple eSim on the Pixel 3a just like iPhone.
    my understanding has always been having multiple eSIM profiles and being able to switch between them is very much a part of the concept. what i have not heard of though are any phones that support 'dual eSIM' or being able to use 2 eSIM at the same time as you can with a dual physical SIM phone. i don't think there as any technical reason why not just that it has not been done yet as the manufactures have focused on dual SIM via one physical SIM and one eSIM

for me the ideal would be a choice of using the physical slot or a second eSIM together with a primary eSIM