Thread: Galaxy A01 metroPCS, how to unlock it??

Feedback Score

Galaxy A01 metroPCS, how to unlock it??

How do i unlock it without going thru metro??
    cuz this phone has been activated for less than 6 months, which metro requires minimum for unlocking.

I have tried many websites for unlocking codes, but they are all ruthless and want money, which i can't do cuz i don't have a bank account.

How do i get a free code to unlock my galaxy a01 out of metro??

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    "ruthless and want money"

So you have the money to buy a phone and pay for service, but cannot pay for an unlock code? Ask a friend or a family member to pay for it. There are no free codes available outside of your carrier and no procedures, such as rooting, will unlock it. So suck it up.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play - OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition - Huawei P20 Pro () - Google Pixel 4a 5G

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TadMorose View Post
    "ruthless and want money"

So you have the money to buy a phone and pay for service, but cannot pay for an unlock code? Ask a friend or a family member to pay for it. There are no free codes available outside of your carrier and no procedures, such as rooting, will unlock it. So suck it up.

Yes, rooting will allow unlocking. Rooting will give access to the filesystem to erase the carrier branding and the piece of data that tells the phone not to accept sim cards from other carriers.
    Why would you think rooting would not help with network unlocking ?? that is rediculous.

I just want it to be unlocked with no hassle.

I have gotten an impression that moderators on howard forums are rude ! Y'all infuriate me.

I do not want to pay a stupid unlocking website, not just cuz i don't have a bank account, but i also am NOT GOING TO GIVE UP MY MONEY TO A STINKY JERK for something that shouldn't cost anything.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck563 View Post
    Yes, rooting will allow unlocking. Rooting will give access to the filesystem to erase the carrier branding and the piece of data that tells the phone not to accept sim cards from other carriers.
    Why would you think rooting would not help with network unlocking ?? that is rediculous.

I just want it to be unlocked with no hassle.

I have gotten an impression that moderators on howard forums are rude ! Y'all infuriate me.

I do not want to pay a stupid unlocking website, not just cuz i don't have a bank account, but i also am NOT GOING TO GIVE UP MY MONEY TO A STINKY JERK for something that shouldn't cost anything.
    Yes, rooting does give access to the filesystem, but that's not where the SIM lock information is stored.

Take a chill pill or get off this forum if you cannot communicate in a civil manner.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TadMorose View Post
    Yes, rooting does give access to the filesystem, but that's not where the SIM lock information is stored.

Take a chill pill or get off this forum if you cannot communicate in a civil manner.

i still don't understand why exactly rooting would not work. why not?

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck563 View Post
    i still don't understand why exactly rooting would not work. why not?
    Rooting does not give access to the part of the phone where SIM lock information is stored. Google it, plenty of information is available on the subject.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thread is now closed and this discussion is done. There are no shortcuts. Pay someone to unlock the phone if you need it done sooner than normal.
    Just another day in paradise.....