Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Has T-Mobile Coverage Outside Cities Improved Recently?

Device(s)
    One Plus 8 (T-Mobile), Samsung S10e (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It still is improvement. They appear to be mostly focused on their upgrades, specifically where they are competitive, and don't want to lose T-mobile or former Sprint customers. I'm sure that like the B12 and B71 deployment, there's a plan in place to fix certain rural areas but not all

Sent from my IN2017 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Feedback Score
    I used to always get tops around 20mpbs via speed test at home on LTE with various devices. Recently speeds have tripled for me

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    1+ 8T 5G, Galaxy S20 5G, Moto G7 Power
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Just returned home from a little road trip from the MS Gulf Coast up to the Jackson area but rather than taking the usual route up US-49, we cut NW along back roads until we hit MS-13 and followed 13, north to D'Lo. This was through some of the most rural and worst served parts of the state. What we found is that T-Mobile's maps were pretty accurate except that there's a lot of unmapped AT&T UMTS roaming. There are also a very few rural spots where Sprint's LTE comes in handy. We were just mapping signal levels and not running speed tests.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    There maps did improve somewhat for accuracy after last August. I don't see Sprint roaming listed on any maps either. I can't say for Att roaming, as that's barred in California, and it's been a couple of years since I've been to Lake Placid (home of roaming)

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Has T-Mobile Coverage Outside Cities Improved Recently?

Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    There maps did improve somewhat for accuracy after last August. I don't see Sprint roaming listed on any maps either. I can't say for Att roaming, as that's barred in California, and it's been a couple of years since I've been to Lake Placid (home of roaming)

That’s why I love my SWAC line that I activated with Sprint. For $30 I get unlimited everything on the T-Mobile network with ATT domestic roaming where needed.

I was at Amboy Crater this past weekend off the I-40 and I was able to roam on ATT LTE.

https://g.co/kgs/QRGUXb

“The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    For me.. I'm not concerned, and typically can bring my work AT&T line, and don't have to worry much about having service.
    Of course, many don't have that.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    For me.. I'm not concerned, and typically can bring my work AT&T line, and don't have to worry much about having service.
    Of course, many don't have that.
    If I plan to be out in the boondocks, I bring my PagePlus PAYG, which gives me a backup on Verizon's network. This gives me the confidence to drive the back roads, knowing I'll be able to call for help if break down or hit a deer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    If I plan to be out in the boondocks, I bring my PagePlus PAYG, which gives me a backup on Verizon's network. This gives me the confidence to drive the back roads, knowing I'll be able to call for help if break down or hit a deer.
    My backup phone and plan these days is the FreeUp Mobile plan with free 200 or so minutes monthly on ATT using a Nokia candy bar 3G. They automatically renew my plan every month. Has been the best backup ever. Hopefully they won't terminate me ever.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    That’s a as good idea.

I’m on the road a lot and my vehicle has Verizon LTE built in so I keep it active on a cheap prepaid plan.

To be honest though I rarely ever use it here where I live. On the two times I remember “needing,” it I couldn’t get any service.

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 ProMax, OnePlus 8 5G
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    That’s a as good idea.

I’m on the road a lot and my vehicle has Verizon LTE built in so I keep it active on a cheap prepaid plan.

To be honest though I rarely ever use it here where I live. On the two times I remember “needing,” it I couldn’t get any service.

I've got an AT&T Prepaid SIM in the 2nd slot on my phone and usually if T-Mobile sucks somewhere, AT&T is marginally better at best, and Verizon I had far too many data congestion issues where I usually end up around the airport anyway to even consider for a 2nd SIM.

I did need it in San Francisco the other day though, I was not downtown like usual and on "Hotel Island" in Burlingame T-Mobile does not do so hot, most of the hotel interiors are only on B12/71 indoors with sparse 5G i've learned.

AT&T seems to be on those inside DAS, so in that situation it came in handy.
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT$T: $50 Unlimited Elite Prepaid promo (for more “rural” areas)

Device(s)
    Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G, Samsung Galaxy S10 (G9730), Lumia 950 XL (Red Pocket)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Google Fi
    Feedback Score
    was recently in rural CO outside Telluride and Montrose and there are areas covered by Commnet, AT&T and Verizon where T-Mobile still has zero coverage and no roaming agreements. :/

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phelme View Post
    was recently in rural CO outside Telluride and Montrose and there are areas covered by Commnet, AT&T and Verizon where T-Mobile still has zero coverage and no roaming agreements. :/
    They have the agreements, they just block the roaming.

Device(s)
    Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G, Samsung Galaxy S10 (G9730), Lumia 950 XL (Red Pocket)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Google Fi
    Feedback Score
    They have the agreements, they just block the roaming.
    hmm. that's a heavy Commnet area and I think that partnership has been dissolved, no? That's going on several years now. It's one of those places where if you were a local you'd simply have to switch carriers.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I recall not having service in Ridgway in 2018. At&t had service. Telluride had great service, as Mountain Village. Montrose service was pretty slow.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phelme View Post
    hmm. that's a heavy Commnet area and I think that partnership has been dissolved, no? That's going on several years now. It's one of those places where if you were a local you'd simply have to switch carriers.
    At one time T-Mobile had special agreements covering certain parts of particular carriers. For instance, after AT&T bought Corr Wireless, T-Mobile was able to roam AT&T in the Corr Wireless coverage area under the terms of their contract with Corr, until that agreement expired. I don't believe that there are any of these grandfathered roaming agreements currently in force.

Other than that type of situation, no one has ever been able to show to my satisfaction that T-Mobile had a agreements with a carrier that covered one area but not another. Rather, T-Mobile elects to control where their customers can roam by blocking many of the roaming partner's LACs. They tell their CSRs to tell customers that, "There's no agreement in that area." but the CSRs really don't have a clue.

One of the most confusing situations is with USCC roaming, where USCC blocks non-whitelisted phones, some USCC markets may not have VoLTE and T-Mobile may (or may not) be LAC blocking parts of USCC.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast