Thread: Will this work on Page Plus

Feedback Score

Will this work on Page Plus

I have a $175 balance on a Star-Tac that I have been keeping active on the $10 every 4 months plan. Have to do something soon. Will probably try to sell/transfer the balance if that's possible. I don't care about losing the number. Would I be able to transfer the account to this phone? It comes with a sim but I have a PP sim to use.

https://www.target.com/p/tracfone-pr...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Thanks

Feedback Score
    If you can swing another $20 and are just looking at the basic flip phones, the LG Classic flip has better reviews then the Alcatel MyFlip.
    As long as they have the Vzw sim in them (big red map), which they show, either will activate on PP with the sim that's in the phone. And you can transfer your account phone number and balance.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    If you can swing another $20 and are just looking at the basic flip phones, the LG Classic flip has better reviews then the Alcatel MyFlip.
    As long as they have the Vzw sim in them (big red map), which they show, either will activate on PP with the sim that's in the phone. And you can transfer your account phone number and balance.
    Thanks. I'll get one or the other. Don't really plan on using the phone. Just don't want to lose the balance. Will probably try to sell it or have as backup.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zeusters View Post
    I have a $175 balance on a Star-Tac that I have been keeping active on the $10 every 4 months plan. Have to do something soon. Will probably try to sell/transfer the balance if that's possible. I don't care about losing the number. Would I be able to transfer the account to this phone? It comes with a sim but I have a PP sim to use.

Thanks
    Star-Tac? If that very old device has/had any SIM, it would not be removable. Somehow PPC should allow you to keep your phone line number and let you bring in a new device with new SIM. Star-Tac, Motorola from about twenty years ago?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joseg2016 View Post
    Star-Tac? If that very old device has/had any SIM, it would not be removable. Somehow PPC should allow you to keep your phone line number and let you bring in a new device with new SIM. Star-Tac, Motorola from about twenty years ago?
    Yes Star-Tac from long time ago. Doubt it ever had anything like a sim. It's been on page plus a long time, started on Verizon. Still carry it sometimes and have my regular number forwarded to it. Will miss it.

Feedback Score

Thanks
    Yes, with a transfer of service from your Star-Tac using the SIM that comes in that phone.

But as already mentioned, for $10 more, the LG Classic Flip for $29.99, or less if you find a good sale, is a much better phone than the Alcatel MyFlip.
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Tracfone-...hone/679025506
    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tracfon...?skuId=6412356
    https://www.amazon.com/Tracfone-Carr.../dp/B088N6KHHD

Device(s)
    Flip phone, Samsung J3 on Tello
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, H2O, Page Plus, Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    I was able to transfer the balance on my LGVX5600 to a Samsung J3 with no problem. Since whatever phone you put on PP must have 4G w/VOLTE or they will reject it. Just about any newer Tracfone can work. Copy the IMEI from the package and try it on PP. Did that with one of their $19.95 smartphones from the display and it passed. Several unlocked Motorola models will work.

Feedback Score
    I have a $175 balance on a Star-Tac that I have been keeping active
    seriously?? motorola star-tac?!
    that thing is 2G. that is unbelievable that it is still able to be activated.
    how old exactly is it?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck563 View Post
    seriously?? motorola star-tac?!
    that thing is 2G. that is unbelievable that it is still able to be activated.
    how old exactly is it?
    It is NOT still able to be activated. It was PREVIOUSLY activated, and will REMAIN usable, until the user removes it from the Vzw network OR Vzw switches it's network to VoLTE only, which reportedly will be 12/31/20.

Device(s)
    Moto Z4 (Vzw), Moto Z Play (PP)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    It is NOT still able to be activated. It was PREVIOUSLY activated, and will REMAIN usable, until the user removes it from the Vzw network OR Vzw switches it's network to VoLTE only, which reportedly will be 12/31/20.
    Well, VZW will start to shut down its old network starting on 01/01/21. However, that doesn't mean if your old phone still works on 01/02/21, that you somehow dodged a bullet. It may still work for a while, but VZW will eventually stop service without any further notice.

Feedback Score
    Yes, with a transfer of service from your Star-Tac using the SIM that comes in that phone.

But as already mentioned, for $10 more, the LG Classic Flip for $29.99, or less if you find a good sale, is a much better phone than the Alcatel MyFlip.
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Tracfone-...hone/679025506
    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tracfon...?skuId=6412356
    https://www.amazon.com/Tracfone-Carr.../dp/B088N6KHHD
    Boz1, thanks. (1) I may want to change devices to maybe the/that LG Classic Flip. (2) I should look for the old dead Star-Tac that I used several years ago, and see IF there is or was a removal SIM card. I did not believe there was.

Feedback Score
    Or until the device itself just reaches failure, as MINE did.

Feedback Score
    Boz1, thanks. (1) I may want to change devices to maybe the/that LG Classic Flip. (2) I should look for the old dead Star-Tac that I used several years ago, and see IF there is or was a removal SIM card. I did not believe there was.
    Star-Tac ST7760; No way to take it apart enough to look for any SIM card. All I can do is remove the battery and then nothing is there other than some battery contacts and a technical label. NOTHING ELSE.

Feedback Score
    Star-Tac ST7760; No way to take it apart enough to look for any SIM card. All I can do is remove the battery and then nothing is there other than some battery contacts and a technical label. NOTHING ELSE.
    Yeah, there were no SIM cards for Vzw network phones until 4G came along. The phones that might have had a SIM card slot was for international roaming, but the SIM card wasn't required to use the phone on the Vzw network.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltA View Post
    Well, VZW will start to shut down its old network starting on 01/01/21. However, that doesn't mean if your old phone still works on 01/02/21, that you somehow dodged a bullet. It may still work for a while, but VZW will eventually stop service without any further notice.
    Carriers tend to shut down obsolete networks pretty quickly after a stated end date. This happened with AT&T 2G and TDMA years before. Despite the announcements, some will still get caught. Even some PPC dealers (if you can find one) are ignorant about this. I had to check a friend's phone after a SIM swap at a dealer to see if it was set for VoLTE, as the technician did not even know what VoLTE was!