Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: New Prepaid Mobile Internet Plans

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmsilver99 View Post
    Are you on new or heritage?

Also , can you verify Google Voice on one of these plans to forward calls? Assuming that would not work and you would strictly have to use GV through its app but figured Id ask anyway.
    It is the old "North America Simple Choice Mobile Internet UNL Data with 2GB 4G LTE" plan. No voice. Can send/receive call with app.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    What service are you using? I tried with Apple Music on my iPhone tethered to a Franklin T9, so I'm wondering if something along those lines caused the data whitelist to break and started counting towards the plan (did the test about two months ago to see). I seem to recall some uncertainty with what plans also worked with BingeOn or not, just because there's almost no documentation about these plans.

Here's the Music Freedom page and looks like it should work: https://www.t-mobile.com/support/pla...-music-freedom:
    Mostly TuneIn radio and XM sat radio. Bing-on was not a feature of data only plans.

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Does having access to 5g burn the data faster?
    Visible 50% Off First Month : 3qlfhV

Feedback Score
    Does having access to 5g burn the data faster?
    I'd think so, if you obsessively run speed tests (faster = more data used) or insist on playing hi-res video. Otherwise, no.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thu1227 View Post
    I'd think so, if you obsessively run speed tests (faster = more data used) or insist on playing hi-res video. Otherwise, no.
    Exactly, it just means less time waiting for things to load, so you might be doing more which would consume more data. Keep in mind, speed tests through Ookla's app (Speedtest) don't count against your data (burned through 12GB+ one month on a 2GB Connect Plan just messing around with the n41 in my area). Fast.net, Google, and others do count.

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    I'd get the 2GB heritage plan and put it on an eSIM (I'm actually running an old iPad data pass plan on my eSIM). What you can do if starting from scratch (on iOS) is to use the eSIM app to set up a new $15 Connect 2.5GB line. Once it's up and running, you can log into the account and change to the current Mobile Internet plans
    quick question, is the number you get with the Connect plan associated with the mobile internet plan at all once you switch over? is that the num they would send verification txt for TMO Tuesdays for example?

As a side note, with purchase of a $150 Simply Prepaid service credit free OnePlus N100, T-MobilE REVVL 4, or Samsung Galaxy A12. You can flip it on fleabay to offset cost of credit. I think the N100 or A12 would fetch over $100, credit likely only good for Simply Prepaid though
    Last edited by jmsilver99; 05-10-2021 at 12:24 AM.

Feedback Score
    quick question, is the number you get with the Connect plan associated with the mobile internet plan at all once you switch over? is that the num they would send verification txt for TMO Tuesdays for example?
    Yep, the phone number set up for your account stays, regardless of the plan you're using (you can request a new one if you want or port one in).

Feedback Score

As a side note, with purchase of a $150 Simply Prepaid service credit free OnePlus N100, T-MobilE REVVL 4, or Samsung Galaxy A12. You can flip it on fleabay to offset cost of credit. I think the N100 or A12 would fetch over $100, credit likely only good for Simply Prepaid though
    The Connect plan does not have TMO Tuesdays. The verification text goes to the number associated with the mobile internet plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by paaz View Post
    The Connect plan does not have TMO Tuesdays. The verification text goes to the number associated with the mobile internet plan.
    Right, I think jmsilver99 was asking about converting Connect -> heritage Mobile Internet and getting TMo Tuesdays.

You're absolutely right that Connect doesn't have it (even says so in the marketing info) and the new (post-December 2020) Mobile Internet plans don't either.

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Is this internet plan the same plan as the Apple Watch Plan that is $5 for 500MB and $10 for 2GB?

Also, if I were to get an Apple Watch with cellular, can I have an internet plan on the watch and with Visible on the phone?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4