Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cheapest Unlimited plan on AT&T or Verizon

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S10 5G, Samsung Tab S4, Blackberry KEY 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score

Cheapest Unlimited plan on AT&T or Verizon

I'm looking at lowering the price of my dad's phone bill.. he pays $60 for unlimited cricket now unrestricted and that's too much... It's about time to upgrade his phone as well because he uses an S7 Active so i can buy any phone compatibe with Verizon or AT&T as those are the best providers here... my mum pays $25 on Visible with party pay but alot of nice phones I'd want to buy him aren't compatible with Visible so I'd like to stay away... any suggestions for unlimited data on AT&T and Verizon? Only requirement is data can't be throttled (like 2GB high speed then 128kbps)... unlimited data must be capped (like 8mbps max speeds) or unrestricted unlimited (like full tower speeds) what's out there for less? Even the $50 8mbps cricket unlimited is too expensive still.... Suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone SE (2016), Chromebook
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Currently, I found that the cheapest on either is $40.

It is offered on:
    US Mobile (MVNO of T-Mobile, Verizon)
    Visible (Subsidary of Verizon)
    Yahoo! Mobile (Subsidary of Verizon)

However, if the phones you are looking at are not compatible with Visible, they may not be compatible with Verizon proper as well, since Verizon owns Visible.

Did notice you were in WA, so I'm also including the coverage maps for WA of all three:
    However, you can check the maps on each site to see if any of the three will work in his specific area too.

Name:  att.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  115.6 KB
    Name:  tmobile.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  82.5 KB
    Name:  Vzw.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  87.9 KB
    Drako Swiftclaw

Webmaster for Drako's Website Services
    Review Team Member for Drako's Wireless Review
    Independent Tech for DTech Seattle

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitieiii View Post
    I'm looking at lowering the price of my dad's phone bill.. he pays $60 for unlimited cricket now unrestricted and that's too much... It's about time to upgrade his phone as well because he uses an S7 Active so i can buy any phone compatibe with Verizon or AT&T as those are the best providers here... my mum pays $25 on Visible with party pay but alot of nice phones I'd want to buy him aren't compatible with Visible so I'd like to stay away... any suggestions for unlimited data on AT&T and Verizon? Only requirement is data can't be throttled (like 2GB high speed then 128kbps)... unlimited data must be capped (like 8mbps max speeds) or unrestricted unlimited (like full tower speeds) what's out there for less? Even the $50 8mbps cricket unlimited is too expensive still.... Suggestions?

i would not trust any of the MVNO's 'true unlimited' offerings. if not published there is still a point where if you are not cut off they will simply no longer want you as customer. that leaves the brands that are owned by the carriers which as far as i am aware do offer pretty true unlimited. so it would be verizon prepaid, at&t prepaid, visible and cricket to look at. things can get a lot cheaper per line fast with more lines on a family plan, only Visible had a the 'party pay' system though.

would you be able to check your Dad's actual historical usage to see if a big data plan say in the 12 - 25 GB range might work for him? that open up options quite a bit.

another thing to keep in mind is that i believe most(at least recent enough to have VoLTE) phones that work on Verizon will work on Visible by simply inserting an already active SIM, this is even though they might not pass Visible's IMEI check. keep in mind Visible is really in a league of its own in terms of low priced unlimited(including hotspot)

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    Cricket seem have worked for him. Try joining a cricket group plan on here to lower the cost.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    A lot more phones work on Visible than on the official list. You might have a chat with them. My factory unlocked Moto G Stylus 2020 works & it's not listed.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 07.26.21
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.05.22
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 07.04.21

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Just be sure that Verizon/ATT etc work well where you are located. If Verizon doesn't, then from what I've read, Visible will be even worse.
    iPhone 12 Pro is my current primary phone. Not yet signed up for 5G.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    Just be sure that Verizon/ATT etc work well where you are located. If Verizon doesn't, then from what I've read, Visible will be even worse.
    Its all about location location location

Sent from my Tello iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac32here View Post
    Currently, I found that the cheapest on either is $40.

It is offered on:
    US Mobile (MVNO of T-Mobile, Verizon)
    Visible (Subsidary of Verizon)
    Yahoo! Mobile (Subsidary of Verizon)

However, if the phones you are looking at are not compatible with Visible, they may not be compatible with Verizon proper as well, since Verizon owns Visible.

Did notice you were in WA, so I'm also including the coverage maps for WA of all three:
    However, you can check the maps on each site to see if any of the three will work in his specific area too.

Name:  att.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  115.6 KB
    Name:  tmobile.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  82.5 KB
    Name:  Vzw.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  87.9 KB
    Visible has a weird list that only allows some Samsung, Pixel and iPhones even if the phone is unlocked and Verizon capable... that leaves out lots of phones i might consider like the xcover pro or duraforce 2.. even some of the higher end but cheaper motorolas don't officially work on Visible but work just fine on every other Verizon MVNO.... T-Mobile doesn't come in out here at all from my testing so that's out of the question.. really just leaves not much out there

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    Cricket seem have worked for him. Try joining a cricket group plan on here to lower the cost.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    I woder how they work and what the lowest price is? Do they work like Visibles party party?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    One thing I do know is that dad had the 5GB Unlimited plan from cricket before and every single month he would hit his 128KBPS Unlimited and complain about slow speed... Once i upgraded him to the $55 Unlimited plan he hasn't complained about anything but price... It's max download speed of 8mbps but still fast enough when he uses the phone.. i will look at his usage this month and see hoe much he's used...

Even though his phone is connected to dsl here at the house he still uses more than 5GB per month because he is out of the house more then he is in and most the places he goes like friends house don't have internet access...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    Yup AT&T is a little better but they are both about equal

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Visible has a weird list that only allows some Samsung, Pixel and iPhones even if the phone is unlocked and Verizon capable... that leaves out lots of phones i might consider like the xcover pro or duraforce 2.. even some of the higher end but cheaper motorolas don't officially work on Visible but work just fine on every other Verizon MVNO.... T-Mobile doesn't come in out here at all from my testing so that's out of the question.. really just leaves not much out there

Sad to hear cuz theres hello mobile on T-Mobile that does unlimited for $25

My husband is on them and even with him glued to fb hasn’t said anything about being throttled.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac32here View Post
    Sad to hear cuz theres hello mobile on T-Mobile that does unlimited for $25

My husband is on them and even with him glued to fb hasn’t said anything about being throttled.

I don't get any T-Mobile in my town including at the house

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I don't get any T-Mobile in my town including at the house

Which is why i said sad to hear. The cheaper plans seem to all be running on tmo. Cheapest i found on vzw or att were the three I mentioned, all on vzw. All at $40.

Feedback Score
    So none of the discounted phones from Visible, especially those with a digital prepaid MC for porting in, will work?

At $25/mo TOTAL with anonymous Visible Party Pay, a new phone will be paid for quickly with the $35/mo ($420/year) savings, not even counting the value of the digital prepaid MC!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast