Thread: HelloMobile: “Your payment has been voided and refunded.”

Feedback Score

HelloMobile: “Your payment has been voided and refunded.”

I have HelloMobile’s Unlimited Data plan ($25/mo.).

On NOVEMBER 28 HelloMobile was supposed to charge my Debit Card $25 for the month of December. They never did, and they throttled the bandwidth. I had no service the entire month of December. It wasn’t a concern for me because I’ve been swamped with work and I have another SmartPhone. I’d check in every few days but there was no connection.

So we land at DECEMBER 28 and – again, no charge to my card. I went to HelloMobile’s site; logged in; and got into my account.

A red warning popped up that there was a problem with my credit card. I reentered the same card I've always used (it goes without saying there’s nothing wrong with my card) and I put through a $25 payment funding the month of January. And here’s where the fun begins . . .

I received the following in an email:
    Your payment has been voided and refunded.

Had two chat sessions, both pointless, and so I’m here with just one question:

Do any of you Howard Forums members happen to know: Is this how HelloMobile dumps you? If they don’t want my business fair enough, I just want to know what’s going on!
    Last edited by i.o.pine; 12-28-2020 at 08:21 PM. Reason: typo
    • T-Mobile Assurance Wireless (US Fed Gov subsidized) on a cheap Wikio
    • HelloMobile $25/mo. Unlmited Data on an LG Stylo 4

Device(s)
    iPhone SE (2016), Chromebook
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    How long have you had em and how often you use the service?

Sent from my Tello iPhone using HoFo
    Drako Swiftclaw

Webmaster for Drako's Website Services
    Review Team Member for Drako's Wireless Review
    Independent Tech for DTech Seattle

Feedback Score
    Two different Chat CS were adamant my account has not been closed — again, I just want to know what’s up. You can’t reach a human being by calling them (or emailing them). Thanks guys.

Feedback Score
    Hi! Only (4, 5) months.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, US Mobile
    Feedback Score

Been with em a year as and didn’t have this issue.

I did hear that sometimes a card issuer/bank would flag hello mobiles billing/payment system. Or for some reason, their payment system rejects the card, even if its still good. If thats the case, can’t use that same card for em. Though usually it leads to the cards being fully locked down.

Have ya tried paying with a different card to see if that helps?

Though i did hear one person start the rumor that if users haven’t upgraded to T-Mobile phones, they have begun doing something like this to encourage the upgrade. Though i dont think that would actually be the case. I could see them moreso sending out “upgrade now” messages instead.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, US Mobile
    Feedback Score

A long time ago. When i had vzw prepaid, i had a similar issue with them.

For some reason, the payment system just rejected the card. The card was still good and it wasnt locked, but the payment system refused to accept it. It went on for months, so i was having to pay with top up cards or another credit card.

It started working again just once before i had to get a new card.

Though Ive had this issue with at least 3 carriers and each time the carrier eventually had to file a report that led to “affected accounts” credit cards being locked by banks due to potential fraud.

Last edited by jmac32here; 12-29-2020 at 04:24 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus, Tello, T-Mobile, TRU SIM, Liberty Wrls.
    Feedback Score
    I had this immediate transaction failure happen with a non-phone related online merchant. Neither the merchant nor my credit card issuer had cancelled the transaction. Only by process of elimination did it become evident that the merchant's credit card processing firm had deemed me, the card bearer, untrustworthy thus no card I tendered would work. This is all the more galling because there's no way for either the merchant or me to cure the problem. The merchant simply lost my business...no way to pay.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockchuck View Post
    I had this immediate transaction failure happen with a non-phone related online merchant. Neither the merchant nor my credit card issuer had cancelled the transaction. Only by process of elimination did it become evident that the merchant's credit card processing firm had deemed me, the card bearer, untrustworthy thus no card I tendered would work. This is all the more galling because there's no way for either the merchant or me to cure the problem. The merchant simply lost my business...no way to pay.
    Wtf. Now that is something I didn’t know could even be a thing. If I was the business, I’d switch processors asap.