Thread: Lost a New Voicemail after ESN Change

Feedback Score

Lost a New Voicemail after ESN Change

Apparently while doing the ESN change, someone had called me and left a voicemail and I didn't notice before turning off the old phone. When I turned it on after the ESN change, the voicemail icon was showing (on the old phone). Yet, when I call my voicemail, there are no new messages. Why is this happening? Is there any way to find out who called? It's not showing up in the call records on the website, not that much shows up there anyway.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    If the telephone # was blocked on the caller's phone or in you phone settings, not much can be done to find it. Maybe they didn't leave a VM message. Life will go on whether or not you find the phone # that called you. If it was important enough, they will call back.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    If no message shows on the carrier VM server, it may have been just a false glitch that happened during the service transfer.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S, Moto e, Lumia 635, Moto G 2nd
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone x3, PPCx2, TMo2Go, TracfoneX3, H20, Tello
    Feedback Score
    I recently did an ESN change to upgrade my old 2G feature phone to a VoLTE smartphone. I noticed that Visual VM was activate now (nice) and it had some old messages that I never erased from my previous phone. I assume nothing was lost in the process and whatever messages are stored in the VM server, remain there.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jairzinho View Post
    I recently did an ESN change to upgrade my old 2G feature phone to a VoLTE smartphone. I noticed that Visual VM was activate now (nice) and it had some old messages that I never erased from my previous phone. I assume nothing was lost in the process and whatever messages are stored in the VM server, remain there.
    Visual VM messages are stored on the phone once delivered by the VVM server, but the message information is still stored on the Basic VM server. I can't find anything on how long a message is stored on the carrier's Basic VM server, but there are supposed to be time limits. You are supposed to be able to save messages in Verizon Basic VM by using the 9 key during or after listening to the message. Never tried that, as I only use VVM.

You can copy off the audio from a VVM message. What you can do might depend on which app you have. Phones without a VVM app use a feature built into the Android dialer. Most carrier branded phones have a separate VVM app, while generic unlocked phones don't.