Thread: Rogers is launching 5G in SA mode in 4 cities

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

Rogers is launching 5G in SA mode in 4 cities

Looks like Rogers is launching its 5G SA core network in Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, and Vancouver.

More info:

Feedback Score
    Mmmm, not exactly. They are making early announcements, but no devices or services are available. So it's not a true network launch in my opinion.

And that's not even considering the poor speeds that would be offered if they launched SA on n41, n71 or any FDD band with DSS.

This reminds me of when Rogers said they launched NSA in January, but in reality the first device was available in March, and coverage was bare bones.
    Want to learn more about how LTE works?
    https://productioncommunity.publicmo...ls/td-p/130581

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, OnePlus One, Moto E 2nd gen.
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I do not see any signs of SA either in my area, only NSA. Specifically, I can see by:

1. NR MIB - Does not contain anything except base MIB data required for NSA, not enough info for UE to connect to SA.
    2. UE Capability Enquiry specifically asks for "eutra-nr-only-r15" which basically asks for ENDC combos only for NSA, filtering out SA.
    3. LTE SIB1 has no reference to SIB24, which instructs phones on LTE on how to access SA

they need to provide some sort of geographic area or something to show where it is available. Otherwise I find it hard to believe they have deployed SA anywhere other than inside their test labs in those cities.