Thread: Internet Not Working through Mobile Data - Tracfone View 1 B100DL

Feedback Score

Internet Not Working through Mobile Data - Tracfone View 1 B100DL

I switched to a a Tracfone View 1 B100DL a month ago and mobile data was working fine, but this past week my internet has stopped working and there is a small x over the signal bars icon.

I can still send and receive texts, and I can get internet access through WiFi.

What is going on?

Device(s)
    LG Q6, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleSeamus View Post
    I can still send and receive texts
    Are they plain texts or with attachments? If you can send/receive plain texts but not those with attachments, then the phone has no data access.

Feedback Score
    I switched to a a Tracfone View 1 B100DL a month ago and mobile data was working fine, but this past week my internet has stopped working and there is a small x over the signal bars icon.

I can still send and receive texts, and I can get internet access through WiFi.

What is going on?
    If this is a DL Model, it is most likely Verizon, based on experience. Try going into your data settings and put VZWINTERNET instead of the setting where it shows TFVERIZONENTP

Once you make settings to the data access point, try to reboot the phone and see if it connects.

Feedback Score
    Can you see a data icon in the Quick Settings menu? Swipe down the Notification bar twice to see that. Is also in Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile network > Mobile data. Will it let you toggle data down either place?

Feedback Score
    I'd just like to state again that mobile data was working, but suddenly stopped. No new apps were installed and no settings were changed.

Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Are they plain texts or with attachments? If you can send/receive plain texts but not those with attachments, then the phone has no data access.
    Plain texts only. Attachments are not sending or receiving.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBear916 View Post
    If this is a DL Model, it is most likely Verizon, based on experience. Try going into your data settings and put VZWINTERNET instead of the setting where it shows TFVERIZONENTP

Once you make settings to the data access point, try to reboot the phone and see if it connects.
    Are you referring to the APN setting? I tried changing it to VZWINTERNET and rebooting and I still have the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Can you see a data icon in the Quick Settings menu? Swipe down the Notification bar twice to see that. Is also in Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile network > Mobile data. Will it let you toggle data down either place?
    Yes, I can see and enable the data icon. However, below that is a note that says "No internet"

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I'd just like to state again that mobile data was working, but suddenly stopped. No new apps were installed and no settings were changed.
    Have you checked your data balance?

Feedback Score
    Have you checked your data balance?
    Is this it?

Data usage: 237 MB used out of 2.00 GB

2.00 GB data warning
    5 days left

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Is this it?

Data usage: 237 MB used out of 2.00 GB

2.00 GB data warning
    5 days left
    That looks like Data balance for an Unlimited plan. It says you still have Data units left.

Feedback Score
    That looks like Data balance for an Unlimited plan. It says you still have Data units left.
    Yes, I still have data left.

I just tried doing a factory reset, and it would not connect to the mobile data network on setup. I was able to restart the phone and I'm back to the same problem.