Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Internet Not Working through Mobile Data - Tracfone View 1 B100DL

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    18
    Feedback Score
    0

    Internet Not Working through Mobile Data - Tracfone View 1 B100DL

    I switched to a a Tracfone View 1 B100DL a month ago and mobile data was working fine, but this past week my internet has stopped working and there is a small x over the signal bars icon.

    I can still send and receive texts, and I can get internet access through WiFi.

    What is going on?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,126
    Device(s)
    LG Q6, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleSeamus View Post
    I can still send and receive texts
    Are they plain texts or with attachments? If you can send/receive plain texts but not those with attachments, then the phone has no data access.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    275
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleSeamus View Post
    I switched to a a Tracfone View 1 B100DL a month ago and mobile data was working fine, but this past week my internet has stopped working and there is a small x over the signal bars icon.

    I can still send and receive texts, and I can get internet access through WiFi.

    What is going on?
    If this is a DL Model, it is most likely Verizon, based on experience. Try going into your data settings and put VZWINTERNET instead of the setting where it shows TFVERIZONENTP

    Once you make settings to the data access point, try to reboot the phone and see if it connects.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    California Gold Country
    Posts
    7,872
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleSeamus View Post
    I switched to a a Tracfone View 1 B100DL a month ago and mobile data was working fine, but this past week my internet has stopped working and there is a small x over the signal bars icon.
    Can you see a data icon in the Quick Settings menu? Swipe down the Notification bar twice to see that. Is also in Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile network > Mobile data. Will it let you toggle data down either place?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    18
    Feedback Score
    0
    I'd just like to state again that mobile data was working, but suddenly stopped. No new apps were installed and no settings were changed.

    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Are they plain texts or with attachments? If you can send/receive plain texts but not those with attachments, then the phone has no data access.
    Plain texts only. Attachments are not sending or receiving.


    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBear916 View Post
    If this is a DL Model, it is most likely Verizon, based on experience. Try going into your data settings and put VZWINTERNET instead of the setting where it shows TFVERIZONENTP

    Once you make settings to the data access point, try to reboot the phone and see if it connects.
    Are you referring to the APN setting? I tried changing it to VZWINTERNET and rebooting and I still have the same issue.


    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Can you see a data icon in the Quick Settings menu? Swipe down the Notification bar twice to see that. Is also in Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile network > Mobile data. Will it let you toggle data down either place?
    Yes, I can see and enable the data icon. However, below that is a note that says "No internet"

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,126
    Device(s)
    LG Q6, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleSeamus View Post
    I'd just like to state again that mobile data was working, but suddenly stopped. No new apps were installed and no settings were changed.
    Have you checked your data balance?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    18
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Have you checked your data balance?
    Is this it?

    Data usage: 237 MB used out of 2.00 GB

    2.00 GB data warning
    5 days left

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,126
    Device(s)
    LG Q6, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleSeamus View Post
    Is this it?

    Data usage: 237 MB used out of 2.00 GB

    2.00 GB data warning
    5 days left
    That looks like Data balance for an Unlimited plan. It says you still have Data units left.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    18
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    That looks like Data balance for an Unlimited plan. It says you still have Data units left.
    Yes, I still have data left.

    I just tried doing a factory reset, and it would not connect to the mobile data network on setup. I was able to restart the phone and I'm back to the same problem.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-23-2007, 02:22 PM
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-22-2007, 03:13 PM
  3. Razr v3i Internet not working. (T-Mobile)
    By nimayos in forum Motorola Phone Problems
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-25-2006, 12:34 AM
  4. Replies: 51
    Last Post: 03-02-2006, 01:03 PM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-28-2006, 08:10 AM

Bookmarks