Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: very long time (45 seconds~) visual design display upon Moto startup

Feedback Score

very long time (45 seconds~) visual design display upon Moto startup

Motorola Moto device, new, unlocked gives a lengthy visual active display upon startup. I crudely measured time for the whole startup display to be maybe three-quarters of a minute. I believe this long time is unnecessary and consumes battery power the whole time.

Can this long time of startup fancy-dancy display be cut down, or mostly eliminated?

Device(s)
    Moto G Stylus, Moto E4 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Liberty Wireless, FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    This is the normal boot up sequence. The only thing you can turn off is "Hello Moto" under sounds if that bothers you. (That's the first thing I turn off on new Moto's)

The boot up sequence doesn't really use much of the battery. Turning the screen off as soon as you're done will make the biggest difference. Most people I see have their screen going for a minute or two after they set their phone down. This also reduces your chances of butt dialing someone.

Sent from my moto g power using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    @Digital Rules, I was hoping that someone knew of any secret options or settings to make the bootup sequence visual dancing be shorter in time length, if not mostly eliminated from the process.

I have not heard the phone say, "Hello, Moto".

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 ProMax, OnePlus 8 5G
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joseg2016 View Post
    @Digital Rules, I was hoping that someone knew of any secret options or settings to make the bootup sequence visual dancing be shorter in time length, if not mostly eliminated from the process.

I have not heard the phone say, "Hello, Moto".
    Again, it's the boot process. The only thing you "could" do is remove it with root.. but then again the phone is still booting, so you'll just see some other image.

It's like trying to remove the "Apple" at startup on an iPhone/Mac, or the Windows 10 boot screen... you just have to let it boot, it needs time to load the OS into RAM and start it's processes.
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT$T: $50 Unlimited Elite Prepaid promo (for more “rural” areas)

Feedback Score
    I found something but am afraid to try it. The presentation is not completely clear, but this video demonstrates Fast Boot for a similar device:

https://youtu.be/EFhfOhdt3nA

Feedback Score
    Fast Boot is not the same as make the phone boot faster.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 07.26.21
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.05.22
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 07.04.21

Feedback Score
    I'm sorry I don't understand the issue. 45 seconds, seriously ? How often are you turning your phone totally off and on that it matters? I can't even recall the last time I turned my phone totally off. It's not using battery power that means anything.
    If it was 45 seconds for it to wake from sleep that would be a different issue. I've never seen a computer or a phone (which is a computer) have instant boot up.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    I'm sorry I don't understand the issue. 45 seconds, seriously ? How often are you turning your phone totally off and on that it matters? I can't even recall the last time I turned my phone totally off. It's not using battery power that means anything.
    If it was 45 seconds for it to wake from sleep that would be a different issue. I've never seen a computer or a phone (which is a computer) have instant boot up.
    What? Experience AND expectation.
    I could turn on the older flip phone and it would be ready in about ten seconds. Turn it on, ready to make or receive any call in ten seconds.
    Yes, battery charge is something to watch for. I turn the phone off most of the time. I turn it on only if I am away from the main landline phone or away from home. No reason to turn on or keep the phone on when at home. Normal practice is like that.

I really do wish cellular phone, the newer one and the smartphone, could be turned on and ready in less than about 15 seconds. Forty-five seconds, more resembles something like a desktop or laptop computer.

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 ProMax, OnePlus 8 5G
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    If you want flip phone boot times, get a cheap Nokia.. They also have the same feature set as an old flip phone and boot in 10-15sec

https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_us/nokia-225-4g - $50 and it'll have the boot time you're requesting (with a matching featureset to boot)

You carry a computer in your pocket -aka- smartphone, expect computer boot times. It's that simple.

Otherwise, be like the rest of us... just leave the phone on and charge it every few days. It's not that hard to wrap your head around (well maybe it is.. but i'm not sure why)

Feedback Score
    The Motos have a very animated, eye catching display as they are starting up. It is very flashy, colorful, and annoying. It makes it seem to take a long time to start up. By comparison, my Galaxy S4 takes 40 seconds to start up. Even then it is not really ready to go for responsive use while it starts up stuff in the background.

Bottom line: it is normal. Find something else to obsess about.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joseg2016 View Post
    I really do wish cellular phone, the newer one and the smartphone, could be turned on and ready in less than about 15 seconds. Forty-five seconds, more resembles something like a desktop or laptop computer.
    That's the point we're trying to make. Smartphones are not 3G flip phones; they're mini computers in your pocket.

Device(s)
    NUU X6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Hello Mobile, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    They are computers, with processors, ram, and storage.

Android is a version of Linux OS
    iOS apparently is some fork of MacOS from what I’ve seen.

So yes they take longer to boot up.
    Even the newer flip phones can use a stripped down version of Android, but do tend to boot a bit faster.

It would be like asking your desktop or laptop to not take as long as it does right now to boot up.

Sent from my Tello iPhone using HoFo
    Drako Swiftclaw

Webmaster for Drako's Website Services
    Review Team Member for Drako's Wireless Review
    Independent Tech for DTech Seattle

Feedback Score
    That's the point we're trying to make. Smartphones are not 3G flip phones; they're mini computers in your pocket.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac32here View Post
    They are computers, with processors, ram, and storage.

Android is a version of Linux OS
    iOS apparently is some fork of MacOS from what I’ve seen.

So yes they take longer to boot up.
    Even the newer flip phones can use a stripped down version of Android, but do tend to boot a bit faster.

It would be like asking your desktop or laptop to not take as long as it does right now to boot up.

Sent from my Tello iPhone using HoFo
    The only choices left are to learn how to live with it and try to become more familiar.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Is it just me or the OP's posts indicate he/she is a luddite who lived under a rock the last 20 years or so and is afraid of new technology?

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play - OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition - Huawei P20 Pro () - Google Pixel 4a 5G

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TadMorose View Post
    Is it just me or the OP's posts indicate he/she is a luddite who lived under a rock the last 20 years or so and is afraid of new technology?

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
    That's a bit of a harsh way too put it. It's not about being afraid of the technology, it's about not needing all the technology. The OP just wants a phone to be a phone with a couple extra bells and whistles. I'd like that too. They were likely moving from their 3G flip phone or even a "practical" older smartphone because they're basically being forced to. Being unfamiliar with the technology is not being afraid of it. But it is what it is.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast