Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Should I switch from Page Plus to U.S Mobile?

Feedback Score

Should I switch from Page Plus to U.S Mobile?

I just bought a new iphone 11 from Apple. Im currently on the $12 monthly plan with Page Plus which is 500 min, 500 texts, 100mb of data but no hotspot. I used to barely ever use any data thats why that plan worked for me. After autopay I pay $11 total with tax. Now that I have a nice phone id like to be able to go online with it more. Also when im at work sometimes I cant get wifi so id like to be able to use the phones hotspot from my ipad. I recently found out about U.S Mobile and there plans seem to match my low usage perfectly. They have a build your own plan which is $4 for 300 min, $3 for 300 texts, and $10 for 2gb data which equals $17. They told me with taxes and fees that will come to $22 a month. It says custom plans come with Hotspot & Ludicrous Speeds.

For my usage and what im trying to do, do you guys think this would work for me? My biggest concerns are I dont want to lose the call quality/reception I have now with page plus and I want to make sure my data speed will by good and consistent. Ive had page plus for 15 years and have been happy so i dont wanna downgrade my service quality. What do you guys think? Thanks

Feedback Score
    Page Plus is on Verizon. If you use the Super LTE Network card from US Mobile, they'll be the same performance/reception. The GSM LTE from US Mobile is Tmobile IIRC. Not sure if there is a price difference though between the two but I didn't see any notice on the build your own plan page.

Another option in your case could be Mobi. They use Verizon in the continental US. Its $10 for unlimited talk/text + 1GB data + $4/GB past the 1 gig you use. So in your case it would be $14 + ~$3 tax (varies based on location) if you use past 1GB. If you use less on one month, it would only cost $10.

Red Pocket eBay plan would also work, but you would be tied to a 1 year plan. It should be around $180 for a year ($15 a month plus very small amount of sales tax) for 3GB data + unlimited talk/text.

I'd also check out https://prepaidcompare.net/. I only listed Verizon based MVNOs, but maybe AT&T or TMobile is good enough in your area. Maybe check with people around you on those carriers, but some mvnos have test trial sims you can use to check. I believe Mint has one that you can use to check out TMobile around your area.
    Need a data eSIM?
    Use this DENT referral link to get 5GB free on first data purchase
    https://dent.app.link/xOgTJQAQbcb

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xeroaura View Post
    Page Plus is on Verizon. If you use the Super LTE Network card from US Mobile, they'll be the same performance/reception. The GSM LTE from US Mobile is Tmobile IIRC. Not sure if there is a price difference though between the two but I didn't see any notice on the build your own plan page.

Another option in your case could be Mobi. They use Verizon in the continental US. Its $10 for unlimited talk/text + 1GB data + $4/GB past the 1 gig you use. So in your case it would be $14 + ~$3 tax (varies based on location) if you use past 1GB. If you use less on one month, it would only cost $10.

Red Pocket eBay plan would also work, but you would be tied to a 1 year plan. It should be around $180 for a year ($15 a month plus very small amount of sales tax) for 3GB data + unlimited talk/text.

I'd also check out. I only listed Verizon based MVNOs, but maybe AT&T or TMobile is good enough in your area. Maybe check with people around you on those carriers, but some mvnos have test trial sims you can use to check. I believe Mint has one that you can use to check out TMobile around your area.
    Great info thanks. Just to be clear im only interested in verizon service. The other thing i need included is a hotspot.

I just called Mobi and they said hotspot is included. Nice!! I think id rather go with them than Red Pocked because im rarely gonna go over 1g data and I like the fact that im not locked in for a year. I got a question though, the guy at Mobi said he would need my Page Plus account number and pin to port my number over. I logged into my pp account and theres no account number there. Will pp provide this info I need if I call them? I hope I won't run into any problems after I buy the sim card
    Last edited by johnpalley; 01-04-2021 at 04:26 PM.

Feedback Score
    You can get the port out info from Page Plus support most likely. I also found some info here: https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...number-and-pin

Porting out is a standardized procedure regulated by the government, so you shouldn't have issues getting the info.

Feedback Score
    You can get the port out info from Page Plus support most likely. I also found some info here:

Porting out is a standardized procedure regulated by the government, so you shouldn't have issues getting the info.
    I appreciate the link ill check it out. Your right I should be able to get it done. I just checked out prepaidcompare, wow what a great site. I found out Red Pocket has a monthly plan, 1000 min, and 1gb of data for $10 on Verizon. I just talked to them though and there way more expensive than Mobi if you want to add extra data. Im pretty sure im gonna go with Mobi. Really appreciate all your help xeroaura, thanks

If anyone else thinks Red Pocket is better than Mobi for any reason please let me know.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by johnpalley View Post
    .....................because im rarely gonna go over 1g data....
    You mentioned with your new phone you'll likely use more data then you use to. You'll be surprised that 1gb a month may not take you very far if you plan to also hotspot.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    You mentioned with your new phone you'll likely use more data then you use to. You'll be surprised that 1gb a month may not take you very far if you plan to also hotspot.
    Your correct but im not gonna use the Hotspot very often. Its gonna be only when I cant get wifi at work which is very rare. I guess if I run into an issue than ill have to switch the Red Pocket.

Feedback Score
    Mobi should work out unless you start using a lot more data since it'll automatically charge $4/gig you use.
    You can contact their support to set a hard data cap at whatever gig you want as well if you don't want to accidently go too high.

Feedback Score
    Mobi should work out unless you start using a lot more data since it'll automatically charge $4/gig you use.
    You can contact their support to set a hard data cap at whatever gig you want as well if you don't want to accidently go too high.
    Yup thats what I like. I can see myself using 2-3 gigs on very rare occasions and when I do ill be paying an extra $4-$8 which isn't the end of the world. Great plan

Feedback Score
    RP essentials yearly plan is $99 on ebay. It includes 1,000 mins, Unl sms and 1Gb every 30 days. That's $8.35 a month.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rustybronco View Post
    RP essentials yearly plan is $99 on ebay. It includes 1,000 mins, Unl sms and 1Gb every 30 days. That's $8.35 a month.
    OP was using 2GB in his calculations, so assumed he wanted at least that much. Went with the 3GB prices instead.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rustybronco View Post
    Sorry I meant to update this thread today but forgot. After thinking about it last night I changed my mind and decided to go with the Red Pocket Ebay plan which is $180 a year plus tax for unlimited talk, text and 3g of data a month. Respect to xeroaura for putting me on to that. With tax included it comes to exactly $16 a month. I figured if I went with Mobi and paid extra some months it would end up being the same or more than Red Pocket anyway. Now I got 3g every month and I dont have to worry about going over. It really is a great plan. I made my purchase already. Thanks for the heads up on that RP essentials plan Rusty. I'll make a note of it for the future. I appreciate everyones help

Feedback Score
    I say look hard at Visible $25 otd UTTD. Unlimited slow hotspot.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 07.26.21
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.05.22
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 07.04.21

Feedback Score
    Another upside to using Red Pocket is that you get unlimited 64kbps after you hit cap, which is barely enough for some emergency use like basic messaging and map lookup (though you would want to download offline maps).

Since you have iPhone 11, you can also get an data only esim for extra data needs. For example, I use DENT and bought 1GB that doesn't expire for a year. I'm currently on a 1GB/month plan, so I swap over to using that sim for data when I'm about to reach it. Lowest data bundle is $5 for 1GB, but they go slightly cheaper on larger data buckets. I have a referral link in my first comment's signature that should provide free 5GB with first purchase.

In settings you can set Cellular Data to DENT. Then have Default Voice Line set to your physical sim card for normal talk/text. This way it does normal calling/texting through your number while only drawing on DENT's esim for data. Edit: Welp, had to remove my pic. Drew over my phone number with a brush in paint but it didn't seem to work after putting here.

Can also check out https://esimdb.com/usa for more esim providers. They're generally 7 or 30 day plans (except DENT) that you can pick up for probably cheaper than offered through Red Pocket if you have a specific month you know you'll be traveling and need more data.

Feedback Score
    Another upside to using Red Pocket is that you get unlimited 64kbps after you hit cap, which is barely enough for some emergency use like basic messaging and map lookup (though you would want to download offline maps).

Since you have iPhone 11, you can also get an data only esim for extra data needs. For example, I use DENT and bought 1GB that doesn't expire for a year. I'm currently on a 1GB/month plan, so I swap over to using that sim for data when I'm about to reach it. Lowest data bundle is $5 for 1GB, but they go slightly cheaper on larger data buckets. I have a referral link in my first comment's signature that should provide free 5GB with first purchase.

In settings you can set Cellular Data to DENT. Then have Default Voice Line set to your physical sim card for normal talk/text. This way it does normal calling/texting through your number while only drawing on DENT's esim for data. Edit: Welp, had to remove my pic. Drew over my phone number with a brush in paint but it didn't seem to work after putting here.

Can also check out https://esimdb.com/usa for more esim providers. They're generally 7 or 30 day plans (except DENT) that you can pick up for probably cheaper than offered through Red Pocket if you have a specific month you know you'll be traveling and need more data.
    Thats alot of great info. Im def not gonna need to buy more data with another sim for my phone but I have a question for you about my cellular ipad. A few months ago I bought data for my iPad but I could only find pay as you go monthly plans. I went with Tmobile. It would be really nice if I could buy data for my ipad and it stays active for a year. I wouldn't use it that much but it would be a nice option for me. This DENT your talking about, could I buy data good for a year through them for my ipad? Im curious what you think my best option would be.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast